Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Time and time again

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2016, 07:58 PM by BklynJag.)

Why is everyone so surprised with the performance today? I was saying it all week this team would lay an egg.

My issue is, i just do not know what is wrong with this team. The obvious answer is Gus, which i believe is a big part of it but its something else. Maybe our players aren't as talented as we thought. We always seem unprepared, even in previous regimes. I'm never going to buy into the preseason hype again. Even the Titans look better than us.

Would firing Gus now and making Marrone interim coach turn our season around or will it be more of the same? The team quit on the coach and a bad sign if we keep him.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Why is everyone so surprised with the performance today? I was saying it all week this team would lay an egg.

My issue is, i just do not know what is wrong with this team. The obvious answer is Gus, which i believe is a big part of it but its something else. Maybe our players aren't as talented as we thought. We always seem unprepared, even in previous regimes. I'm never going to buy into the preseason hype again. Even the Titans look better than us.

Would firing Gus now and making Marrone interim coach turn our season around or will it be more of the same?

It would send the message that this isn't acceptable.

The talent is there. The coaching and preparation is not.

It's like watching the FSU game yesterday. FSU as more talent than anyone in the country not named Alabama, and we looked like a high school team because our coaching staff is so poor.

OP: if things weren't always all messed up, you would have nothing to post about.

I think they're doing it to keep you involved in this forum, and as such, I blame you for all of this.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

I was surprised because this team has talent, more talent than SD, I was hoping for them to step up, to me is clear that Bradley is the answer to what is wrong, a team with no talent could look good against GB, now SD was prepared and JAX doesn't, as usual, it has to be the coaching, the stupid screens instead of throwing to the allen brothers, the defensive scheme, it's disgusting.

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2016, 08:19 PM by StitchJones.)

Quote:Why is everyone so surprised with the performance today? I was saying it all week this team would lay an egg.

Would firing Gus now and making Marrone interim coach turn our season around or will it be more of the same? The team quit on the coach and a bad sign if we keep him.
What is wrong with this team? Well, part of it probably is coaching... but not exclusively. I think that too many of us have bought into the 'hype' about 'how good' the talent on this team is. As it presently stands, we just kind of look like a 2016 version of the previous years teams we've seen.

Are we better? The results on the scoreboard at the end of the game isn't supporting that presupposition.

Quote:I was surprised because this team has talent, more talent than SD, I was hoping for them to step up, to me is clear that Bradley is the answer to what is wrong, a team with no talent could look good against GB, now SD was prepared and JAX doesn't, as usual, it has to be the coaching, the stupid screens instead of throwing to the allen brothers, the defensive scheme, it's disgusting.

Maybe we do not have as much talent as we think we have.

No the talent is there.

But your asking Cyprien to be Earl Thomas. And your asking Ramsey to be Sherman....etc

Quote:Maybe we do not have as much talent as we think we have.
Our team flat out sucked today, but last week showed that we can compete with top tier teams. So it isn't a talent issue. The problem is we never have any consistency, and that falls on the coaches. Winning franchises all have one thing in common - they're consistent.

Quote:Our team flat out sucked today, but last week showed that we can compete with top tier teams. So it isn't a talent issue. The problem is we never have any consistency, and that falls on the coaches. Winning franchises all have one thing in common - they're consistent.

True. We haven't been consistent in years.

I'm not surprised, I knew it would be a loss before the season started 

https://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/to.../?p=804694

Then again I may have given them too much credit in thinking they would start 1-3

People buy too much into the Jimmy and Joe's crap. The X's and O's are a major major part of the game and can make a great player look poor. Throw in under development and you have a deadly 1-2 punch of incompetence

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2016, 08:40 PM by jagboss.)

The defensive scheme is garbage.Have we ever covered the crossing route?

It may be a good scheme in Seattle, but trash here

the defense scheme is terrible.

having Poz cover a WR like Benjamin is a fire-able offense.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2016, 08:47 PM by FreeAgent01.)

We are overrating our talent, but we still have above average talent.  Enough to be playoff competitive in the AFCS.

It really is the coaching and scheme and it was evident in the preseason.  The first two games when there is little scheming and gameplanning our first teams were killing it - because we have talent.  Game three when scheming and gameplanning are involved, we tanked.  Game four without the scheming/gameplanning, we play better.  Then the season begins and you can see we are overmatched.  

Our defense is shockingly and obviously surprised by what play the opposing offenses run on almost every play, and thats embarrassing and indicative of coaching.  We play on our heels in a soft zone and allow receivers to catch the ball with open field.  On offense we fall into extremely predictable patterns.  The coaches are trying to force us into being a run first team and playaction to pass when its obvious that this teams strengths are downfield passing which can setup the run.

Quote:The defensive scheme is garbage.Have we ever covered the crossing route?

It may be a good scheme in Seattle, but trash here

Anytime your scheme involves a MLB covering a slot receiver deep down field repeatedly, there's no small amount of fail going on. 

SD having Babich around definitely gave them an advantage on how to mismatch, but now every team in the NFL has a blueprint on it thanks to this game film.  

(not that it was the "lost ark" to begin with)

Quote:Anytime your scheme involves a MLB covering a slot receiver deep down field repeatedly, there's no small amount of fail going on.

SD having Babich around definitely gave them an advantage on how to mismatch, but now every team in the NFL has a blueprint on it thanks to this game film.

(not that it was the "lost ark" to begin with)

Still can't believe we lost to a bob babich defense.

Quote:Still can't believe we lost to a bob babich defense.
It's a John Pagano defense.

Quote:No the talent is there.

But your asking Cyprien to be Earl Thomas. And your asking Ramsey to be Sherman....etc

Cyprien would be Cam Chancellor but yeah
No Fun

IMO this team won't change much under an interim coach. We need a new one at the end of the year (they should fire Gus right away though).

"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23