Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Time and time again

Quote:Why is everyone so surprised with the performance today? I was saying it all week this team would lay an egg.

My issue is, i just do not know what is wrong with this team. The obvious answer is Gus, which i believe is a big part of it but its something else. Maybe our players aren't as talented as we thought. We always seem unprepared, even in previous regimes. I'm never going to buy into the preseason hype again. Even the Titans look better than us.

Would firing Gus now and making Marrone interim coach turn our season around or will it be more of the same? The team quit on the coach and a bad sign if we keep him.

Why don't you go watch the miami hurricanes from last year, and compare them to their games so far this year and tell me what you see..

Gus bradley is al golden in the NFL, a con man with a mouth that makes you just want to slap him

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Look at what good coaching does for the Vikings, lost there starting QB and best RB in football and they are still 2-0.

Capt; obvious post, but.....

Blake was awful. Worse than any game I think he's played as a pro, but I don't think he's our on going issue, but he needs to improve mightily. We're not going to win many if ANY games with play like that. The defense stunk just as bad.

It's probably time for us to move on from Gus, but not sure firing him after 2 games is going to happen. If this continues, it may change after the bye week. 

I dunno.

Quote:Capt; obvious post, but.....

Blake was awful. Worse than any game I think he's played as a pro, but I don't think he's our on going issue, but he needs to improve mightily. We're not going to win many if ANY games with play like that. The defense stunk just as bad.

It's probably time for us to move on from Gus, but not sure firing him after 2 games is going to happen. If this continues, it may change after the bye week. 

I dunno.

I think Gus lasts this year regardless. I don't think there's anyone in our staff that is a candidate to be the HC, so there's no point for Dave to evaluate anyone and fire the HC. If Gus really is going to tank this year, let him do it and give our next head coach another top pick.

I do agree that Blake yesterday was awful. He was in full on chuck mode, and the balls were coming in high, behind, low. He was just all over. I still don't like this offense. I don't know if its Blake or Ollie, but its too highly dependent on big plays.I mentioned this on a previous post. David Garrard to Reggie Williams was money on medium throws (slants, posts).

Those types of passes are non-existent in this offense. Almost everything is downfield and on the sideline. Even our horizontal throws are to the sideline with the screen game (which every NFL team seems to be able to run but us).

Quote:the defense scheme is terrible.

having Poz cover a WR like Benjamin is a fire-able offense.

That was pretty bad. Poz is slow....you cant put him in that spot.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I think Gus lasts this year regardless. I don't think there's anyone in our staff that is a candidate to be the HC, so there's no point for Dave to evaluate anyone and fire the HC. If Gus really is going to tank this year, let him do it and give our next head coach another top pick.

I do agree that Blake yesterday was awful. He was in full on chuck mode, and the balls were coming in high, behind, low. He was just all over. I still don't like this offense. I don't know if its Blake or Ollie, but its too highly dependent on big plays.I mentioned this on a previous post. David Garrard to Reggie Williams was money on medium throws (slants, posts).

Those types of passes are non-existent in this offense. Almost everything is downfield and on the sideline. Even our horizontal throws are to the sideline with the screen game (which every NFL team seems to be able to run but us).

Where have you been all my life, Speedy? I am changing my screenname to yeah what speedy said.

A methodical, pick apart a d based on what they give you is chiefly absent from the Jags O and Bortles' game. It's a frantic, vertically dependent O which either works and gets you and your guys in 'top 100', or fails and gets you and your team in top draft pick. Even when it works, as it somewhat did last year, it's not a good ally to your team defense, time consumption wise. More prone to putting the D on the field more so than they'd like. But, it yields superfluous wow clippings when those long jump balls work.

Yet still, even with the negatives, this O is light years from where we came from, and not the object of my agro. That D, schemwise, awareness, personnel grouping etc is beyond troubling. It's slow death, repeatedly. Like kill me, wake me up, then kill me again, but slower and more painfully each time...
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Just rad Ryan O'Halloran's article http://jacksonville.com/sports/football/...ed-blowout

Man this is telling

<p style="margin-left:40px;">Bradley, who was spared a fifth loss of at least 30 points on running back Corey Grant’s 15-yard touchdown catch with 1:04 remaining, was resolute in his confidence level about his team. And really, he doesn’t really have a choice but to go that route publicly.

<p style="margin-left:40px;"> 

Aye crumba

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.