Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
1955 hospital bill goes viral for $60 cost of birth, 3-night stay

1955 hospital bill goes viral for $60 cost of birth, 3-night stay

Social media users are astounded by how much it cost to deliver a baby in 1955.

A redacted photo shared to Reddit is suggesting the cost of delivering a child and a three-night hospital stay in Belleville, Kansas was less than $60.

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/1955-h...night-stay
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-14-2021, 12:01 PM)The Drifter Wrote: 1955 hospital bill goes viral for $60 cost of birth, 3-night stay

A redacted photo shared to Reddit is suggesting the cost of delivering a child and a three-night hospital stay in Belleville, Kansas was less than $60.

The median income in 1955 was $3,400, don't tell those morons about the cost of milk!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I paid around $250 in hospital bills for each of my first two children born in the Philippines. I was Johnny-on-the-spot with the money too. One local girl couldn't pay the bill because the American father was at sea. The doctor who owned the hospital took the baby to Manila and sold it because mestizo babies are highly desirable for wealthy Filipinos to adopt.

(08-14-2021, 05:49 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(08-14-2021, 12:01 PM)The Drifter Wrote: 1955 hospital bill goes viral for $60 cost of birth, 3-night stay

The median income in 1955 was $3,400, don't tell those morons about the cost of milk!

Wait...so you're telling me things were cheaper 66 years ago?  Get the [BLEEP] outta here!
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(08-14-2021, 06:52 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(08-14-2021, 05:49 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: The median income in 1955 was $3,400, don't tell those morons about the cost of milk!

Wait...so you're telling me things were cheaper 66 years ago?  Get the [BLEEP] outta here!

And a hospital in Belleville, Kansas? Why, the cost of living there certainly rivals NYC or San Francisco!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Do you ever wish you can go back in time with the money you have today? Maybe not wish it, but think or daydream.

(08-14-2021, 08:18 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(08-14-2021, 06:52 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Wait...so you're telling me things were cheaper 66 years ago?  Get the [BLEEP] outta here!

And a hospital in Belleville, Kansas? Why, the cost of living there certainly rivals NYC or San Francisco!

I'm old enough to remember my dad [BLEEP] about gas being 28 cents a gallon.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(08-15-2021, 07:16 PM)Jags Wrote: Do you ever wish you can go back in time with the money you have today? Maybe not wish it, but think or daydream.

no, because they probably wouldn't have accepted it.

You want to make tons of cash? buy up all the CZ you can carry, travel back in time and sell them to the local jewelers who probably think they are actual diamonds.

(08-16-2021, 09:04 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(08-14-2021, 08:18 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: And a hospital in Belleville, Kansas? Why, the cost of living there certainly rivals NYC or San Francisco!

I'm old enough to remember my dad [BLEEP] about gas being 28 cents a gallon.

I remember being able to fill my truck up as a teenager with $10.  That was when there was a choice between "regular" and "unleaded" gasoline.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(08-16-2021, 02:43 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(08-16-2021, 09:04 AM)RicoTx Wrote: I'm old enough to remember my dad [BLEEP] about gas being 28 cents a gallon.

I remember being able to fill my truck up as a teenager with $10.  That was when there was a choice between "regular" and "unleaded" gasoline.

I used to be able to fill up my 67 Chevelle with a 20 gallon tank for about $12... Gas was only 68 cents a gallon then
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

I bet you old farts remember the trade-in value of a horse.

(08-16-2021, 04:52 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I bet you old farts remember the trade-in value of a horse.

Now that’s funny!

That reminds me, I was working the other day and this guy we always see walking always waives and says  hi.  Well about 7:30 in the morning before we start, he passes us and we’re told to have a great day.  Apparently(hopefully) one of his friends is leaving the hood,  Stops and tells this guy to pick up the pace. He’s seen older men walk faster.  And that death will catch him before he hits the intersection.  You old people are hilarious.  I’m definitely going to try to remember these lines.  Because if I use them now, I think that makes me an [BLEEP] hole.

(08-16-2021, 04:37 PM)The Drifter Wrote:
(08-16-2021, 02:43 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I remember being able to fill my truck up as a teenager with $10.  That was when there was a choice between "regular" and "unleaded" gasoline.

I used to be able to fill up my 67 Chevelle with a 20 gallon tank for about $12... Gas was only 68 cents a gallon then

And with that car you did it everyday.