Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
George Warhop

(This post was last modified: 08-14-2021, 10:27 PM by Flagler Jagsfan. Edited 1 time in total.)

Can't say enough good things about him. He really has this offensive line coached up. He always gets the most out his players

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Me sense a touch of sarcasm

100% sarcasm. We have a better investment to protect now. Don't know why Warhop was retained.

You can only coach a player so much.. Think we just need a new player here or there. AJ Cann been needing to go for years now, Jawan Taylor looked a lot worse than I thought he would. Walker Little looked pretty good tho.

I wonder if Taylor would do better at RG and Little could be adequate at RT.

And then, from the looks of our pass rush, I wonder if the Jags are able to accurately gauge how well the Oline looks during practice.

Oline group is worst part of this team. Little has to be a massive hit to salvage one position on the line. We need better everything in that group.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(08-15-2021, 08:33 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: Oline group is worst part of this team. Little has to be a massive hit to salvage one position on the line. We need better everything in that group.

Even if Little turns out to be just an average OT, that would be an upgrade at this point.

But a player said he was doing great! Nevermind the two decades of proving otherwise!

The O-line has work to do. I am not hitting the panic button just yet (even though I want to) as this is most likely the first real hitting either have had this year. Also, Cleveland has a really good D-line. Let's see how they do the next few weeks as it sinks in they have to do a lot better.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

Cleveland does have a really good dline, that's true. Imagine how much worse it would have been had they played.

(08-15-2021, 10:33 AM)Upper Wrote: Cleveland does have a really good dline, that's true. Imagine how much worse it would have been had they played.

Exactly ... Wink
A new broom always sweeps clean.

Hopefully the coaches will pull the trigger on making the adjustments that could help. You dont know unless you try. Its trial and error

1st game

(08-15-2021, 12:56 PM)Doc Holliday904 Wrote: 1st game

First game for who?

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2021, 07:30 PM by Upper.)

Dilla gave a pretty big nugget in the Bold Take podcast last night that Warhop is not vaccinated and isn't allowed much contact with the players. Not that I had any faith in Warhop being able to turn it around in the first place, but it's going to be extremely hard for the oline to make any progress being coached this way. I thought this was pretty notable news.

You could hire John Madden in his prime and hire the entire Belichek family, and our offensive line would still be Cam Norwell Linder Cann Taylor.

It takes more than 1 draft to turn things around.

“Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.” -Einstein

...keeping Warhop and the starting OL was/is insanity.

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2021, 08:55 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 2 times in total.)

I wish we would try

Little-Norwell-Shatley-Linder-Taylor/Cam. That's getting the best 5 out there

Shatley at Center is not a liability and he's decent there, Linder at guard is a huge upgrade over Cann and is just as good at guard as he is a center

(09-17-2021, 08:29 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: You could hire John Madden in his prime and hire the entire Belichek family, and our offensive line would still be Cam Norwell Linder Cann Taylor.

But but but "O-line is fine! Trevor will have the same effect as Manning! it doesn't matter who we have at WR, TE or OL as long as Trevor is throwing the football, he is all we need, he will fix this offense"  Laughing Laughing Laughing what happened to that?
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(09-17-2021, 08:29 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: You could hire John Madden in his prime and hire the entire Belichek family, and our offensive line would still be Cam Norwell Linder Cann Taylor.

I get your point but we have invested in the Oline, thats whats worrying. Cam was a high 2nd round pick (getting paid $13.7m this year), Norwell was a big ticket FA and highest paid player on the roster ($15m this year) Linder is our longest serving player ($8.5m this year), Cann is....well Cann ($6.2m this year) and Taylor is a high 2nd round pick.

Don't get me wrong, watching this Oline is like Groundhog Day, same bad stuff every week but it makes no sense, these arent rookies and UDFA, they should be better and Warhop has had years to improve them and he hasn't.