Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Teven Jenkins to have back surgery

(This post was last modified: 08-18-2021, 10:47 AM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

The guy a lot wanted at 25 to have back surgery.  I'm thankful we didn't go that route

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Agreed. I knew something was up when they signed Jason Peters.

I had no way of knowing Jenkins had a back injury.

It's often the stuff we don't know that makes us miss on a prospect.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(08-18-2021, 11:29 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Agreed.  I knew something was up when they signed Jason Peters.

Very true. I thought he was an odd selection for the Bears anyway since they needed a LT and he never really got to be the full time LT at Oklahoma State, as he mainly played RT. Anyway, I hope the kid is able to rebound, but as someone who has had back issues most of my adult life, in many cases, it's not one of those injuries that seems to ever completely go away. There is a certain amount of pain tolerance that you need to get through for the rest of your life. I wish him the best.

(08-18-2021, 12:06 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(08-18-2021, 11:29 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Agreed.  I knew something was up when they signed Jason Peters.

Very true. I thought he was an odd selection for the Bears anyway since they needed a LT and he never really got to be the full time LT at Oklahoma State, as he mainly played RT. Anyway, I hope the kid is able to rebound, but as someone who has had back issues most of my adult life, in many cases, it's not one of those injuries that seems to ever completely go away. There is a certain amount of pain tolerance that you need to get through for the rest of your life. I wish him the best.
I have been fortunate enough to avoid back issues...but I know they can absolutely derail careers.

Charles Haley's career ended primarily due to back issues.  Michael Cheever's career ended before it began due to back issues.

I hope he's (Jenkins) able to rebound too.  I think he's a heckuva prospect.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(08-18-2021, 10:42 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: The guy a lot wanted at 25 to have back surgery.  I'm thankful we didn't go that route

Because this makes Jenkins a bust and Etienne already played a whole season proved he is a pro bowl player Laughing

Same thing as last year with Henderson, Chaisson and Schenault, they were the perfect picks after 1 game Laughing
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(This post was last modified: 08-18-2021, 04:05 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-18-2021, 02:12 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(08-18-2021, 10:42 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: The guy a lot wanted at 25 to have back surgery.  I'm thankful we didn't go that route

Because this makes Jenkins a bust and Etienne already played a whole season proved he is a pro bowl player Laughing

Same thing as last year with Henderson, Chaisson and Schenault, they were the perfect picks after 1 game Laughing

Exaggeration much?  It's possible he can come back from this back injury but I'm glad we didn't take him like a lot wanted.  I wanted Moore or Barmore but outside of those 2 I like the Etienne pick and think he will be a beast and also keep Robinson fresh.  I'm also glad we took Henderson and Chaisson because if we took the 2 guys I wanted we wouldn't have Lawrence and this defense would be bare bones.  I really wanted Winfield in the 2nd but Laviska wasn't a bad pick and I think will be a difference maker plus we have Cisco now who has the potential to be great

(08-18-2021, 02:12 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:

I uh.....what?

That is reading a whole heckuva lot into a post, even for you.

We got lucky. Cus you all wanted that guy.

Apparently the teams knew he was going to need back surgery and that's why he fell. I guess we may have dodged a bullet.

Definitely doesn't mean we made the right pick with Etienne though we still could have made two dozen other better choices.

(08-18-2021, 12:59 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(08-18-2021, 12:06 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Very true. I thought he was an odd selection for the Bears anyway since they needed a LT and he never really got to be the full time LT at Oklahoma State, as he mainly played RT. Anyway, I hope the kid is able to rebound, but as someone who has had back issues most of my adult life, in many cases, it's not one of those injuries that seems to ever completely go away. There is a certain amount of pain tolerance that you need to get through for the rest of your life. I wish him the best.
I have been fortunate enough to avoid back issues...but I know they can absolutely derail careers.

Charles Haley's career ended primarily due to back issues.  Michael Cheever's career ended before it began due to back issues.

I hope he's (Jenkins) able to rebound too.  I think he's a heckuva prospect.

Back pain has derailed my morning routine for a few years. Nothing like waking up in so much pain that you can't move without feeling like you're being stabbed. Can't imaginee playing football with those issues.

(This post was last modified: 08-24-2021, 11:16 AM by iHaunting Raven. Edited 3 times in total.)

Laughing

Thankfully our guy at #25 is fully healthy and now ready to go hahahahahahaha

(And no, I am not happy about any guy injured, just find it extremely funny when someone posts something like this)

BTW about Jenkins

“We were aware of the back issues in college, but these symptoms are new,” Nagy said.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(08-24-2021, 11:05 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:

Laughing

(And no, I am not happy about any guy injured, just find it extremely funny when someone posts something like this)

BTW about Jenkins

“We were aware of the back issues in college, but these symptoms are new,” Nagy said.
You thinks it's funny that someone is thankful that we didn't draft a guy with a back injury? Laughing

(08-24-2021, 11:28 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(08-24-2021, 11:05 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Laughing

BTW about Jenkins

You thinks it's funny that someone is thankful that we didn't draft a guy with a back injury? Laughing

Not even with that last quote huh? not surprised at all  Laughing