Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Etienne out for season

(08-24-2021, 03:27 PM)Upper Wrote: Etienne was always going to wind up being a bad pick, it's sad that it had to wind up this way though.

Legit the best way to sum it up.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-24-2021, 03:43 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(08-24-2021, 03:15 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: We just need to make a checklist of people to blame for ETN's injury..

I'm sure this checklist will be the size of a novel once completed.. Don't forget to blame yourself as well. Everyone should get a share of the pie..

I don't think anyone is casting blame for the injury. They are more upset that we wasted a pick on an RB in the first place, and now that this RB will not contribute at least for the majority of  this season if not longer, the frustration with the pick is boiling over. Other posters are right, this injury could have happened in practice, scrimmage, game 1 of the season, or any other time. Similarly, no matter who we took at that spot, fate could have caught up with them in equally disappointing fashion, we don't know. Doesn't mean it still wasn't a headscratcher of a pick in the first place.

Sorry if this squelches the witch hunt for ya.
We can do this with almost every pick outside of Trevor with who was available at the time. He's hurt. Ppl who didn't like the pick will act like fortune tellers on work leave; and most others who were confused but optimistic, will say welp on to next man up. rinse repeat.

I don't like the GM but want to see growth. We've sucked for alot of years in our short history, I want too see our 1st franchise QB grow n us grow with him. the hell with the other nonsense. We have a small foundation and need to see how solid it really is. We can cut the fat along the way.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(08-24-2021, 03:58 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(08-24-2021, 03:31 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: It possible he will make a last season return when we are fighting for a playoff spot
No, he can't. His season is over.

And to your other point about how it's unlikely he gets another contract here: how much money is he going to command and let me know which big running back contracts have worked out. The RB position is so easy to fill that it would be absurd to spend a lot of money on a running back..... even the great ones. You think the Cowboys are pumped to have given Zeke all that money when Pollard can do the work?

But on second thought.... The Jags FO is so poor that they just might give ETN one!

Cooks, McCaffrey, Jones, Henry, Chubb, Kamara etc.  All the great RBs are getting 2nd contracts and a huge part of their team and if any of these teams lose their RB they won't be as good.  I don't think any of them regret it.  Etienne is a great RB so hopefully he will be 100% next year

https://youtu.be/66LtjzZHVc4

FWIW, foot surgeon from reddit says catching this right away offers a much better prognosis, compared to when you hear about guys having "lingering foot issues" and then up having surgery later. 

He felt a full recovery is entirely possible with the proper treatment but it'll be a few months at least.

I hate to say this, but ETN will NEVER be the same RB. Depending on the type of injury, it may take him 1.5 - 2 yrs. for a full recovery. If there's an Positive, it's that he'll have a full season of recovery/rehab.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(This post was last modified: 08-24-2021, 04:35 PM by TheO-LineMatters. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-24-2021, 04:04 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote:
(08-24-2021, 03:43 PM)Mikey Wrote: I don't think anyone is casting blame for the injury. They are more upset that we wasted a pick on an RB in the first place, and now that this RB will not contribute at least for the majority of  this season if not longer, the frustration with the pick is boiling over. Other posters are right, this injury could have happened in practice, scrimmage, game 1 of the season, or any other time. Similarly, no matter who we took at that spot, fate could have caught up with them in equally disappointing fashion, we don't know. Doesn't mean it still wasn't a headscratcher of a pick in the first place.

Sorry if this squelches the witch hunt for ya.
We can do this with almost every pick outside of Trevor with who was available at the time.  He's hurt. Ppl who didn't like the pick will act like fortune tellers on work leave; and most others who were confused but optimistic, will say welp on to next man up.  rinse repeat.

I don't like the GM but want to see growth.  We've sucked for alot of years in our short history, I want too see our 1st franchise QB grow n us grow with him.  the hell with the other nonsense.  We have a small foundation and need to see how solid it really is.  We can cut the fat along the way.

Don't we all? That's gonna be hard though when the decision makers keep putting us behind the 8 ball with their terrible decision making. It didn't take a brain surgeon to determine that this team needed immediate upgrades on the O-Line. 99% of our board was in agreement of that, yet we still keep rolling out the same starters and we draft an OT who has been out of the game for 2 years. The decision makers should've known Little was gonna take a long time to develop and they knew we needed immediate help in order to have an effective offense. Again, I'm not bragging for pointing this out last season, because 99% of the posters on the board did the same thing. With that in mind, why can't the actual decision makers see, what we all see? It's not hindsight. This was discussed constantly before the draft and free agency.

(08-24-2021, 04:34 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(08-24-2021, 04:04 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: We can do this with almost every pick outside of Trevor with who was available at the time.  He's hurt. Ppl who didn't like the pick will act like fortune tellers on work leave; and most others who were confused but optimistic, will say welp on to next man up.  rinse repeat.

I don't like the GM but want to see growth.  We've sucked for alot of years in our short history, I want too see our 1st franchise QB grow n us grow with him.  the hell with the other nonsense.  We have a small foundation and need to see how solid it really is.  We can cut the fat along the way.

Don't we all? That's gonna be hard though when the decision makers keep putting us behind the 8 ball with their terrible decision making. It didn't take a brain surgeon to determine that this team needed immediate upgrades on the O-Line. 99% of our board was in agreement of that, yet we still keep rolling out the same starters and we draft an OT who has been out of the game for 2 years. The decision makers should've known Little was gonna take a long time to develop and they knew we needed immediate help in order to have an effective offense. Again, I'm not bragging for pointing this out last season, because 99% of the posters on the board did the same thing. With that in mind, why can't the actual decision makers see, what we all see? It's not hindsight. This was discussed constantly before the draft and free agency.
True. I honestly have been trying to figure out the mindset in our FO since the early 2000s. I'm still confused lol.

Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(08-24-2021, 04:33 PM)NH3 Wrote: I hate to say this, but ETN will NEVER be the same RB. Depending on the type of injury, it may take him 1.5 - 2 yrs. for a full recovery. If there's an Positive, it's that he'll have a full season of recovery/rehab.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

You can't come back 100% from this injury?

(08-24-2021, 02:45 PM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(08-24-2021, 02:43 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: Essentially the second flushed pick of the two we got for Ramsey.

Making guys like Meyer your GM is how you waste a generational talent at QB.

Oh, now we’re blaming Meyer for failing to have foreknowledge of an injury. Got it

No, I think people are acknowledging this makes the pick worse for those of us who never liked the pick to begin with... It makes little sense with a guy like Robinson here and you just signed Hyde to spell him...  Now it's worse with him on IR. We get nothing for a guy we didn't want to begin with.

Think about this, we had 4 picks in the top 45. We have a terrible O Line outside of Linder(Norwell was better this past year too) and you are about to draft a generational talent at QB.  We have absolutely no threat at TE for our shiny new QB to utilize... Don't even say Oshaq, ye he's ok but calling him a vertical threat would be asinine. The D line had what? 18 sacks? SO logically, you'd think we would address these positions early where BAP meets need. There were certainly some very talented OL/DL/TE at the top of this draft who may have made an impact year 1.

So with that knowledge, how many TE/OL/DE did we pick in the top 45? 1, who hasn't played in 2 years. Y I K E S!

Curse of #BecauseJaguars claims another....

(This post was last modified: 08-24-2021, 05:30 PM by JagsFanSince95.)

Just saw it was a Lisfranc? MJD wasn't the same after his, thats just tough. I do wanna say I feel bad for the kid, regardless of who/where drafted. I hope he comes back stronger and better in 2022 and he gets to live out the rest of his NFL dream healthy.

Terrible for him and huge blow for the Jags. Based on all the reports, if there was gonna be one real big time playmaker on offense, it was gonna be him.

(08-24-2021, 02:57 PM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(08-24-2021, 02:55 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Should have taken an O lineman with that pick.

And what if that lineman got injured? Do we still hit a square on the “urban sux” bingo card?

Well, you say aw dang and hope hes better next year. Even if the hypothetical OL got hurt, a good/great O linemen is infinitely more valuable to a rebuilding team next year than a scat/change of pace type guy is this or next year. You have a good RB in Robinson, go get all the big uglies you can to protect your new investment (Trevor).

Why do our players seem to get injured on a much larger scale than any other teams players?

(08-24-2021, 05:39 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Why do our players seem to get injured on a much larger scale than any other teams players?

#becausejaguars

(08-24-2021, 05:29 PM)TLawIsEnforced Wrote: Curse of #BecauseJaguars claims another....

Let's try to reverse the curse....

sraugaJesuaceB#

Worth a shot...right?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(08-24-2021, 05:16 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(08-24-2021, 04:33 PM)NH3 Wrote: I hate to say this, but ETN will NEVER be the same RB. Depending on the type of injury, it may take him 1.5 - 2 yrs. for a full recovery. If there's an Positive, it's that he'll have a full season of recovery/rehab.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

You can't come back 100% from this injury?

You can, but it can be a lot harder for skill position players because they do so much planting/cutting. Good thing is that it didn't linger and they can repair it early. Hes got a full year to rehab/heal it.

(08-24-2021, 05:30 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: Just saw it was a Lisfranc? MJD wasn't the same after his, thats just tough. I do wanna say I feel bad for the kid, regardless of who/where drafted. I hope he comes back stronger and better in 2022 and he gets to live out the rest of his NFL dream healthy.

MJD wasn't the same after his, but he was also 27 and in his 7th season. RBs typically hit their wall around 28 years old and he had plenty of wear and tear on that body. He had just come off a 400 touches season where he led the league in rushing.

(08-24-2021, 05:52 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(08-24-2021, 05:16 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: You can't come back 100% from this injury?

You can, but it can be a lot harder for skill position players because they do so much planting/cutting. Good thing is that it didn't linger and they can repair it early. Hes got a full year to rehab/heal it.

(08-24-2021, 05:30 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: Just saw it was a Lisfranc? MJD wasn't the same after his, thats just tough. I do wanna say I feel bad for the kid, regardless of who/where drafted. I hope he comes back stronger and better in 2022 and he gets to live out the rest of his NFL dream healthy.

MJD wasn't the same after his, but he was also 27 and in his 7th season. RBs typically hit their wall around 28 years old and he had plenty of wear and tear on that body. He had just come off a 400 touches season where he led the league in rushing.

He also got out of shape while he had the injury .  Hopefully Etienne continues to workout while rehab this next year

This is a shot to the sack. We were all looking forward to seeing this dude play. Super Ouch. Folwer got hurt and couldn't play his rookie season until the next year. Yes it is cause jags. Although I see other teams around the league have had some horrible injuries in this preseason.

Ah damn, just seen the news. This was the worse case scenario from that limp last night. Feel sorry for him but hes still a talent and way to early to write him off just for getting injured, it happens.

Need someone to replace him for a huge chunk of the season but we have Robinson as #1RB and plenty of weapons at WR. Hopefully we can find another Robinson on the waivers.