Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Report: Several players aren't thrilled with Urban's coaching style

(08-26-2021, 02:19 PM)Brett Wrote: Anything to be concerned about here or no?

https://dailysnark.com/2021/08/26/report...hing-style

https://twitter.com/DAonCBS/status/1430335096402415619

Which ones?  The ones that went 1-15 last year?  6-10 the year before?  5-11 the year before that?  I say shut up and win something before complain about coaching styles.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

At this point, this is nothing more than a click bait headline from a talking head to try and get clicks/people talking. He accomplished what he set out to do, because that's his job as a talking head.

I thought he was losing the team?

Can we make up our minds, please?

(08-29-2021, 08:48 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I thought he was losing the team?

It is not as much fun if we do that...
A new broom always sweeps clean.

The media want Urban to fail its been that was since day one of the hire.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

(08-29-2021, 09:51 PM)Protozoa Wrote: The media want Urban to fail its been that was since day one of the hire.

Not nearly as much as half of this board.. There's some pretty bitter peeps around here.

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(08-29-2021, 08:48 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I thought he was losing the team?

It just depends on who is saying it and if the team wins. It will come back up if the team has looks bad.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

(08-29-2021, 08:43 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: https://twitter.com/Demetrius82/status/1...34721?s=19

Fluff piece.

Did I do that right?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(08-30-2021, 09:00 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(08-29-2021, 08:43 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: https://twitter.com/Demetrius82/status/1...34721?s=19

Fluff piece.

Did I do that right?

Yasss

(08-29-2021, 09:55 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(08-29-2021, 09:51 PM)Protozoa Wrote: The media want Urban to fail its been that was since day one of the hire.

Not nearly as much as half of this board.. There's some pretty bitter peeps around here.

Some people on here would be happy if everything goes to [BLEEP] just so they can say they were right, rather than be happy if the team actually became successful.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(08-30-2021, 11:08 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(08-29-2021, 09:55 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Not nearly as much as half of this board.. There's some pretty bitter peeps around here.

Some people on here would be happy if everything goes to [BLEEP] just so they can say they were right, rather than be happy if the team actually became successful.

Highly agreed.

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(08-27-2021, 12:03 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(08-27-2021, 09:37 AM)Jag149 Wrote: I can't believe it !  A 1-15 team with a lot of new players, coaching and different schemes looking bad? Hey they had what all of 3 weeks of practice, what gives! You guys crack me up...lol

You couldn't be more correct regarding the overreaction of many to the Jaguars' poor start. History tells us that even generational quarterbacks need at least one year to get acclimated to the NFL. Why would anyone expect the 2021 Jaguars to be any better than Aikman's 1989 Cowboys or Peyton Manning's 1998 Colts? Those teams won a combined 4 games despite their rookie q.b.'s who became 1st ballot Hall of Famers. There was no way this team could have acquired enough talent in one off-season to make the 2021 team competitive. 

Time will tell whether Meyer can handle coaching a losing team. Regardless of who is coaching this team, the general manager must do better than Baalke has shown during his time here. He failed to bring in one decent tight end despite having Jonnu Smith and Hunter Henry as free agents and passing on Pat Freirmuth 3 times after selecting Lawrence. The same can be said about the offensive line. Bringing back all 5 starters from a horrible 2020 performance (specifically pass blocking) and only drafting one offensive lineman (who should eventually be good, but hadn't played in 2 years) was even more inexcusable than the tight end mistakes.  Imagine if Baalke drafted Cosmi and Freirmuth instead of Etienne and Campbell. I still have high hopes for the two guys they did take, but the need was much greater at offensive line and tight end.

Being a Jaguars fan has been very painful for the past 15 years. We have often been disappointed due to unreasonably high expectations at the beginning of each season. My only hopes and expectations for this season is to see the team get better each week regardless of how many games they win. As long as Lawrence can stay healthy and Baalke/Meyer do better in player acquisition the future cannot help be much brighter for this franchise- hopefully as soon as the 2022-23 season.

One thing I am fairly sure of is that Urban won't handle coaching a losing team.... he will create an environment where it will be a winning team.  That will likely mean that some of the players won't want to make that transition....  I suspect Prisco can tell you who are some of the guys that won't make it

I love what Michael Irvin said on on the broadcast yesterday.... basically he said if you are on a 1-15 team you shouldn't [BLEEP] about your coach changing things and shut up cause you look bad... lmao

(08-29-2021, 09:55 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Not nearly as much as half of this board.. There's some pretty bitter peeps around here.

Wait, I just read these 2 posts and thought that I was in the Political Section.

In my work we call it "failing fast", I want you to succeed but, if you don't, then we can't take years deciding you didn't. That's how Gus Bradley gets Year 4. The good thing is I don't think Meyer will stay around if they aren't winning, he'll just have a nervous breakdown again and retire.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(08-30-2021, 01:39 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(08-30-2021, 11:08 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Some people on here would be happy if everything goes to [BLEEP] just so they can say they were right, rather than be happy if the team actually became successful.

In my work we call it "failing fast", I want you to succeed but, if you don't, then we can't take years deciding you didn't. That's how Gus Bradley gets Year 4. The good thing is I don't think Meyer will stay around if they aren't winning, he'll just have a nervous breakdown again and retire.

Look I don't want failure but this franchise has done a remarkable job at producing it. I give them the benefit of the doubt and I am down to wanting to see some type of, any type of up arrow. 2017 was dissatisfaction because they rested on it like the really did something.

But in all honesty, I will take that crap show if Trevor Lawrence lifts up the leaky boats around him.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Bumped because it's referenced in a current thread, and the takes in this one seem prescient.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Whenever I hear the words "Prisco Says" I pay no attention to it.  Since he has been connected with CBS he is nothing more than an alarmist about everything connected to the Jags.  He acts like a little spoiled brat that hungers for constant attention.