Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Report: Several players aren't thrilled with Urban's coaching style

(08-26-2021, 05:48 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(08-26-2021, 03:11 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: How quickly we forget that Gus was liked in the locker room. Maybe we should bring him back.

The problem was that we let Gus go 4 years into his 15 year rebuilding plan.  Had we kept him things would be starting to move in a positive direction in a few years from now.

You think he'd have moved on from sprinkles and gone to crumbed cookies and candy bars at the sundae bar by now?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 08-26-2021, 06:05 PM by Protozoa. Edited 1 time in total.)

One of the things they were upset about is that urban was having someone say over a loud speaker to make sure you stay hydrated, oh the humanity. That's like getting mad about the sign in the bathroom that tells employees to wash their hands.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

Hmmm, this preseason certainly isnt going how we hoped so far is it. Not looked great on the field and now the off field stuff.

Im still giving Meyer time, he has an impressive CV and has had success at numerous colleges. Im waiting for the first 5 games before drawing any conclusions on how he is doing with this team.

But this was a worry. Hes a career college coach and has seemed to be pretty clueless at some of the NFL ways of doing things like FA and getting fined for OTA'S. I hope he is learning and theres a big difference between playing Saturday and Sunday and with his reputation and having Trevor Lawrence, there are going to be certain expectations from the outside looking in at us this season.

We get off to a few W's and this stuff will disappear, we struggle like we have been...you know how thats gonna go.

I don't know enough to say one way or the other.

The one thing I can say is Jacksonville needs a major culture shift. No more paid vacations and start putting pressure on players to win. If many players have been coasting over the last few years it would make sense because they have to work hard now.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(08-26-2021, 04:28 PM)Upper Wrote: He may have referred to them as grown men, he hasn't been treating them as grown men. Actions speak louder than words.

Example?
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(08-26-2021, 06:25 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(08-26-2021, 04:28 PM)Upper Wrote: He may have referred to them as grown men, he hasn't been treating them as grown men. Actions speak louder than words.

Example?
I'm curious about this as well.  How has he not been treating them like grown men?

(08-26-2021, 04:31 PM)jagshype Wrote:

What actions

The article gives a couple examples, the winner/loser drill is very childish, him saying he didn't like how much free time the players had and that he couldn't check in on them as often as he wants is very controlling.

(This post was last modified: 08-26-2021, 07:08 PM by RicoTx. Edited 2 times in total.)

(08-26-2021, 06:58 PM)Upper Wrote:
(08-26-2021, 04:31 PM)jagshype Wrote: What actions

The article gives a couple examples, the winner/loser drill is very childish, him saying he didn't like how much free time the players had and that he couldn't check in on them as often as he wants is very controlling.

LOL

I'm curious, since he can't do it how is it controlling and how is it even relevant?

Oh my God.  How awful.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Players are unhappy and the first thing that comes to Prisco's mind is a guy having a mic on the practice field telling players to hydrate and hustle? That's what players are most upset about? Talk about mentally weak. All that tells me is a lot of player turnover still needed.

(08-26-2021, 07:06 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(08-26-2021, 06:58 PM)Upper Wrote: The article gives a couple examples, the winner/loser drill is very childish, him saying he didn't like how much free time the players had and that he couldn't check in on them as often as he wants is very controlling.

LOL

I'm curious, since he can't do it how is it controlling and how is it even relevant?

Oh my God.  How awful.

Don't you have some puff piece player quote to take literally?

(08-26-2021, 07:20 PM)Upper Wrote:
(08-26-2021, 07:06 PM)RicoTx Wrote: LOL

Oh my God.  How awful.

Don't you have some puff piece player quote to take literally?

Oooooo...what a zinger.  You got me.

I anxiously wait for your next hyper-critical Jaguars evaluation.

My current uniformed opinion.
A. Not sure a blog called "The Daily Snark" will post anything unless it get clicks. It appears to be well named however...
B. Pete Prisco is the equivalent of CNN to me...right less than 40% of the time.
C. People who like entitlement and not competition probably don't like his methods.
D. I am sure Urban is learning the NFL and will make mistakes along the way.
E. Buckle up Buttercups and win a few games before you talk.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

I thought Prisco retired.

(08-26-2021, 06:58 PM)Upper Wrote:
(08-26-2021, 04:31 PM)jagshype Wrote: What actions

stop...

This is a complete nonstory.

While I think Prisco is one of the few national writers that keeps a close finger on the pulse of the jags and I respect his word with the usual degree of caution - I do think that it would be silly to get too riled up over a few players thinking he’s bringing too much college methodology to his first NFL gig so early in the game.

And that’s coming from a guy who has legit gripes with Meyer’s moves since he started here.

Tomorrow will be a huge story about how Meyer has lost the locker room by insisting players eat healthy and stay in shape.

It only matters why he is losing the team. For players to already speak out, that isn't good. If he is working them too hard, announcing losers, etc then who cares. Suck it and play football. If he loses them because of terrible coaching and decisions then that will be bad.

The fact that players are talking means they have no fear and he doesn't have control. Now he has to get rid of those players or address the issues.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

We will have to hope we can get coach belichick to come speak to the players who are disturbed already. Maybe coach parcels. Get out of here with this nonsense. Talk about snow flakes.

(08-27-2021, 12:34 AM)p_rushing Wrote: It only matters why he is losing the team. For players to already speak out, that isn't good. If he is working them too hard, announcing losers, etc then who cares. Suck it and play football. If he loses them because of terrible coaching and decisions then that will be bad.

The fact that players are talking means they have no fear and he doesn't have control. Now he has to get rid of those players  or address the issues.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

'Losing the team'.

LOL