Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Can we redeem the season with a coaching change?

Do you think this team has enough talent to be successful under different leadership? It doesn't happen often, but could a new coach change this team?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Yes, I believe they have enough talent to at least be 9-7. Gus and his lack of being able to prepare a team turns a 9-7 caliber team into a 2-4 win team.

The talent is on this team. The coaching is killing us. I'm a players guy but we have players....

Listen up people. This is now the "Complain about the coaches thread".

Fire Gus right now. This can't continue.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

I think so, but it won't happen until we are 0-5 or something similar and it will be too late.

I would have had Coughlin installed at halftime 

LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

NO...but we can redeem the upcoming seasons with one!!!

Quote:Listen up people. This is now the "Complain about the coaches thread".

Can we rename the thread to ***OFFICIAL FIRE GUS THREAD***?

While I want Gus gone I think too much damage has been done to this team to save the season anyway. 

Needs a fresh start with new staff and scheme at this point  and that takes time..

Holy Crap. Are we in North Korea with all this UK moderator propaganda???

Shad Khan will lose fans, money, ticket sales, etc. if he doesn't fire Gus. If he doesn't fire Gus after this, well then I don't know what to think anymore.

The only way they replace the coach in-season is if this team quits on him with a record, let's say, like 1-7.

But boy, it would be awesome to sack him now.
Shad Khan - Please click below:

http://www.from-the-heart-feng-shui.com/...curse.html

Should have been let go after last season.

I agree, I think the writing has been on the wall for some time now. Gus is done. We have decent players. This should not happen. We need experienced leadership.

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2016, 06:17 PM by JagJohn.)

duplicate

Gus doesn't survive the bye

The only moment worse than realizing that you need a new coach is realizing that you have no one on staff worth replacing him with. Even the old standby Marrone's got an offensive line that has consistently looked like [BLEEP] since he arrived.

who would you want to replace him that is available? There aren't too many good HC sitting at home waiting for the phone to ring...How would you instill a new scheme for offense and defense now?

If we could only establish the run...lol