Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Can we redeem the season with a coaching change?

VOTE with your pocketbooks.    Ask for a refund on your season tickets. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Yeah he's gotta go. A team that's well coached doesn't melt down like this even in blow outs.

Seriously guys......do more people believe in the curse of John Oehser now?

Quote:Yeah he's gotta go. A team that's well coached doesn't melt down like this even in blow outs.

A team with this much talent doesn't get blown out by another mid tier team to start with.

End the Joekel LG experiment

Put Jack on the field 

quit with this horizontal screen pass crap and push the ball up the field.

quit running on first and second, run on one of the downs not both.  If it is less than 3rd and 2 run.  

Please scheme the opening drive to get Arob open, then to get Hurns open, then to Thomas in that order.

I've defended gus long enough I'm over it

Beachum just got hurt.  Err Idk..

Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

Quote:A team with this much talent doesn't get blown out by another mid tier team to start with.
this

Quote:Seriously guys......do more people believe in the curse of John Oehser now?
not this, you're still a moron

Quote:not this, you're still a moron

Get more posts under your belt before speaking to me junior.

Quote:Seriously guys......do more people believe in the curse of John Oehser now?

Dude, seriously. Will you PLEASE stop making this post??? You posted it like a million times in the gameday thread and it was ignored every time. Get a clue and read the room.
<FONT size=3>The secret to surfing is don't do anything.</FONT>

I've been on the Gus band wagon but aftrr this embarrassing display with the talent we have it's time to jump off. What makes me mad is that he shows no emotions on the sideline. Why isn't he getting into these refs with some of these bs calls

If we fire GUS, who do you think would become the interim? Who would the players respect, and look up to the most? Play for? Anyone else could do better than this, salvage SOMETHING out of thisnseason, and hire a new coaching staff this offseason.

Maybe Marrone? Someone to provide a spark and might get this team some wins! If it doesn't work out, we're getting a new one next season anyways

FIRE GUS
JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS
FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES 
ATLANTS BRAVES 

It would be in house for the remainder of the season
JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS
FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES 
ATLANTS BRAVES 

There's really nothing that can be done this year. We are stuck. My suggestion at this point? Start watching coordinators of other teams that have a legit shot to be the next head coach. Me? I like Sean McDermott and Darrell Bevell. 

The entire "Seattle" system needs to be scrapped which will take awhile. This season is going to be lost cause regardless of what happens but its better in the long term to remove the problem immediately in order to prepare for next year.

Everyone on this board that wants Gus and the staff fired to "change the scheme" does not understand that teams cannot change scheme's mid season, especially given the new practice limitations instituted by the CBA. 

Any new scheme would be so simple that every NFL team would destroy it. Teams are too smart and scouting is too good. Granted, today Rivers tore up the Jags anyways, but that was more about players making mistakes on the field, Rivers getting the team to show their disguises, and TO's. Less so the purely bad schemes. 

Quote:Do you think this team has enough talent to be successful under different leadership? It doesn't happen often, but could a new coach change this team?

I really don't know what we could do to actually make the team better. We need to get rid of Gus but it doesn't make sense to do it until after the season. I mean if Todd Wash or Greg Olsen was interim coach I don't know what they would change if anything. We need to bring in a 3-4 mindset and get out of this tampa 2/LEO garbage. Apparently Gus thinks it's a good idea to have Paul Posluszny chase Travis Benjamin 50 yards downfield with 0 help. Brilliant! It's sad that people like me still actually care about this team. It's just torture at this point.

No pain, no gain.

Quote:Listen up people. This is now the "Complain about the coaches thread".

You have a pretty serious authority complex, dude. I mean we're all upset but you don't have to go Hitler on everyone.
Chicken nuggets is like my family.

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2016, 07:52 PM by Etdavis2006.)

Quote:Everyone on this board that wants Gus and the staff fired to "change the scheme" does not understand that teams cannot change scheme's mid season, especially given the new practice limitations instituted by the CBA.

Any new scheme would be so simple that every NFL team would destroy it. Teams are too smart and scouting is too good. Granted, today Rivers tore up the Jags anyways, but that was more about players making mistakes on the field, Rivers getting the team to show their disguises, and TO's. Less so the purely bad schemes.
Just play nickle defense, Telvin and Jack at lb, d-line Fowler, Odrick or Marks rotate Jackson, and Yannick. Play cover 3 or single high behind it. That's literally all they need to do.

Quote:Yeah he's gotta go. A team that's well coached doesn't melt down like this even in blow outs.
100%

Quote:Dude, seriously. Will you PLEASE stop making this post??? You posted it like a million times in the gameday thread and it was ignored every time. Get a clue and read the room.

You will come around eventually. You are just a little slow. It's ok.