Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Pats Cut Newton

Mildly surprising.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/patri...er-report/
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Mac Jones prolly feels better..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Had to make roster room for QB/TE Tebow

Covid Rules maybe played a role they don't want to forfeit if he causes an outbreak on team.

(08-31-2021, 10:42 AM)nhiverson Wrote: Covid Rules maybe played a role they don't want to forfeit if he causes an outbreak on team.

Or he's just old and not better than the other guys.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Remember last year everyone was complaining that he got a low salary because he was being discriminated against.

I'll bet that he didn't see that coming.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(08-31-2021, 10:58 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(08-31-2021, 10:42 AM)nhiverson Wrote: Covid Rules maybe played a role they don't want to forfeit if he causes an outbreak on team.

Or he's just old and not better than the other guys.

Or it's both. He's not that valuable anymore. I think it says something about him that he's not seen as a possible backup.

Only two reasons Cam has to still play is to prove that he can still be a starting NFL QB or to win a Super Bowl. Once they named Mac the starter, I honestly wonder if he told the Patriots that he didn't want to be a back up.

Especially, because no matter how "high" someone is on the Patriots, no one should be considering them a bonafide Super Bowl contender. Playoffs --- if every move they made works but that is it.

I doubt Cam would take the route to say claim this was due to COVID vaccination status, but someone could make that argument in a grievance or court. Not sure how that would play out though.

(08-31-2021, 01:35 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: I doubt Cam would take the route to say claim this was due to COVID vaccination status, but someone could make that argument in a grievance or court. Not sure how that would play out though.

Usually the courts take into consideration the ratio as it applies to discriminatory actions; meaning, if you cut 15 players and 3 of those are unvaccinated, that kind of equates to the % of vaccinated to unvaccinated players in the league so it would be hard to prove they cut Cam based on his vaccination status.

I think Jones ends up being the 2nd best QB from this class

On the bright spot, I heard he looked dancing while practicing. So maybe dancing with the stars is in his future.
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(08-31-2021, 05:03 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I think Jones ends up being the 2nd best QB from this class

I'm in New England now.  The sportswriters up here all seem to love the guy and claim he's looked fantastic so far.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(08-31-2021, 08:52 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(08-31-2021, 05:03 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I think Jones ends up being the 2nd best QB from this class

I'm in New England now.  The sportswriters up here all seem to love the guy and claim he's looked fantastic so far.

I think the 49ers should of taken him instead of Lance like some reports.  We shall see

(08-31-2021, 09:07 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(08-31-2021, 08:52 PM)Sneakers Wrote: I'm in New England now.  The sportswriters up here all seem to love the guy and claim he's looked fantastic so far.

I think the 49ers should of taken him instead of Lance like some reports.  We shall see

Not a chance, Lance's upside is light years above Jones'.

Lance has the best tool set of any QB in this past draft and that includes our boy Lawrence.

Reports from the Patriots say his lack of vaccination was one if the factors in the decision.

(08-31-2021, 10:15 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(08-31-2021, 09:07 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I think the 49ers should of taken him instead of Lance like some reports.  We shall see

Not a chance, Lance's upside is light years above Jones'.

Lance has the best tool set of any QB in this past draft and that includes our boy Lawrence.

I disagree, Trev and Mac are superior in the most important traits that I want out of my QB

(08-31-2021, 01:50 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(08-31-2021, 01:35 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: I doubt Cam would take the route to say claim this was due to COVID vaccination status, but someone could make that argument in a grievance or court. Not sure how that would play out though.

Usually the courts take into consideration the ratio as it applies to discriminatory actions; meaning, if you cut 15 players and 3 of those are unvaccinated, that kind of equates to the % of vaccinated to unvaccinated players in the league so it would be hard to prove they cut Cam based on his vaccination status.

There's no grounds for a grievance, period.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(08-31-2021, 09:07 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(08-31-2021, 08:52 PM)Sneakers Wrote: I'm in New England now.  The sportswriters up here all seem to love the guy and claim he's looked fantastic so far.

Reports from "inside" the Patriots organization are they're impressed with his ability to absorb and process information and the timing in which he executes the offense.  Trust Belichick to maximize that talent.  We'll find out on Jan 2nd.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(09-01-2021, 06:40 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(08-31-2021, 10:15 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Not a chance, Lance's upside is light years above Jones'.

I disagree, Trev and Mac are superior in the most important traits that I want out of my QB

Tall and white? Lol.

/sarc