Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Le'Veon Bell to the Ravens

Practice squad, but with his talent I can't imagine him not playing sooner rather than later.

RB Le'Veon Bell signing with Ravens practice squad (nfl.com)
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

30 year old running backs are usually no longer talented, and if they are then they aren't on the street in September. I doubt Bell makes a difference there.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-08-2021, 08:07 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: 30 year old running backs are usually no longer talented, and if they are then they aren't on the street in September. I doubt Bell makes a difference there.

They've already lost Dobbins (ACL) and the backup, Hill (Achilles) for the season.  If he's in shape, I wouldn't be surprised to see him week 2.

They need a 3rd down/pass catching back with hill going down. Gus just doesn't give them that, he's strictly a 2 down back. Bell will carve out a role rather quickly.

(09-08-2021, 12:17 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(09-08-2021, 08:07 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: 30 year old running backs are usually no longer talented, and if they are then they aren't on the street in September. I doubt Bell makes a difference there.

They've already lost Dobbins (ACL) and the backup, Hill (Achilles) for the season.  If he's in shape, I wouldn't be surprised to see him week 2.

I would be. You are sleeping hard on Gus Edwards

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Remember when Jamaal Charles stopped here for a minute?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-08-2021, 04:20 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Remember when Jamaal Charles stopped here for a minute?

I do.

I also remember Fred Taylor finding some action after we let him go.

Ravens signed RB Trenton Cannon to the active 53, guess Bell is just insurance for the insurance.

(09-09-2021, 08:02 AM)Sneakers Wrote:
(09-08-2021, 04:20 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Remember when Jamaal Charles stopped here for a minute?

I do.

Bell has been bad on 2 other teams since he left the Squealers, Taylor went to NE then retired. All three of these guys were used up at the point they left their first club.

well he will become the starter sunday with Dobbins, Edwards and Hill all out for season.

(09-09-2021, 04:41 PM)icey14 Wrote: well he will become the starter sunday with Dobbins, Edwards and Hill all out for season.

They also lost Peters, they are gonna be facing an uphill battle to get to the postseason this year.

As a native Clevelander, this is just fine.

(09-09-2021, 08:11 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/WesSteinberg/status/...10018?s=20

If those 1s are in the 30s it will be worth it.

if they didn't have Dobbins i think they would but with Dobbins back next year no way they give up that much capital for Barkley.

Freeman, Bell and Murray all signed this week for the Ravens. Gore needs to be next go get that Rushing Record Gore you can do it.

(09-09-2021, 10:01 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Ravens signed RB Trenton Cannon to the active 53, guess Bell is just insurance for the insurance.

(09-09-2021, 08:02 AM)Sneakers Wrote: I do.

Bell has been bad on 2 other teams since he left the Squealers, Taylor went to NE then retired. All three of these guys were used up at the point they left their first club.

Meanwhile: Frank Gore has played for 4 clubs and ran for 6K more yards since leaving his first club. Adrian Peterson has ran for 3K yards since leaving Minnesota. 

Its weird how some guys age well and others just fall off a CLIFF.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(09-10-2021, 03:33 PM)NCJag Wrote:
(09-09-2021, 10:01 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Ravens signed RB Trenton Cannon to the active 53, guess Bell is just insurance for the insurance.

Meanwhile: Frank Gore has played for 4 clubs and ran for 6K more yards since leaving his first club. Adrian Peterson has ran for 3K yards since leaving Minnesota. 

Its weird how some guys age well and others just fall off a CLIFF.

True, but those are about the only two compared to how many who were done before 30? Its a young man's game, and at RB moreso than any other position.

(09-09-2021, 08:02 AM)Sneakers Wrote: I do.

Freddie wasn't completely used up. He looked great early on in N.E. - he was actually one severe injury away from being used up.

Early in his tenure as a patriot, he tore multiple ligaments connected to his ankle and had surgery to repair those and that was it.

(09-10-2021, 05:46 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Freddie wasn't completely used up. He looked great early on in N.E. - he was actually one severe injury away from being used up.

Early in his tenure as a patriot, he tore multiple ligaments connected to his ankle and had surgery to repair those and that was it.

He looked alright, but he was visibly past his prime even though his stats were still pretty good. Le'Veon Bell was also never in his class in talent or athleticism either.

Freddie was 31 when he ran for 1,200 yds in 2007.  Bell is only 29 now.  I think "used up" might be a little premature.

Yeah, Freddie looked fine early on with the pats. If he hadn't been injured he probably would have had a decent season there and taken his career yardage past 12000.

The Bell tolled in Baltimore.