Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Gabbert on Defense gets start at Strong Safety!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Yea I don’t get this one? Does this mean he has improved that much or the talent behind him is that bad?
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Bet he doesn't start 3 games in a row. I also wouldn't be surprised if he is benched mid game.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

I don't get why he's on the roster over Wilson.  (I know, he did a thing once on ST)

I really don't get why an NFL staff would think he's got anything on Cisco. 

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47kec5r7nye6kq9773ha...y.gif&ct=g]

(09-08-2021, 06:58 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I don't get why he's on the roster over Wilson.  (I know, he did a thing once on ST)

Agree 1,000,000,000,000%

(09-08-2021, 06:58 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I don't get why he's on the roster over Wilson.  (I know, he did a thing once on ST)

He should have never been kept on this roster over Wilson and he certainly shouldn't be starting.

Outside of ST play, Wingard must be killing it in practice

Is this a new thing, or is it someone else discovering the depth chart that Meyer had already said was an *or?

(09-08-2021, 07:35 PM)iapetus Wrote: Is this a new thing, or is it someone else discovering the depth chart that Meyer had already said was an *or?

It's printed by the Jags and has "as of Sept 7th" at the top. Also has Robinson listed as #25, which he just changed his number to the other day.

Full chart here..
https://twitter.com/JStCyrTV/status/1435...41/photo/1

Maybe he wears Tim Tebow cologne.

Hmmm

(This post was last modified: 09-08-2021, 08:20 PM by Lucky2Last.)

This feels appropriate:

[Image: ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.reactiongifs.com%2Fw...f=1&nofb=1]

That never fails to make me laugh.

Maybe he becomes our version of John Lynch. LOL.

I would start Cisco at FS and Jenkins at SS to try to get the most range out of the group.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Can't wait to see him launch himself at a defenseless receiver and then taunt and celebrate his dirty hit while the refs race to throw their flags.
"The season's not over... we still have a bunch of games to lose..." - TemporaryName

"The middle of the field is like Narnia to us, we don't believe it really exists" - Marvsin

I don't understand the whole hoopla over who's starting.. Just because they start, doesn't mean they'll finish..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(09-08-2021, 09:51 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: I don't understand the whole hoopla over who's starting.. Just because they start, doesn't mean they'll finish..

I don't think there's a big hoopla about who's starting (in the big picture of things) for the most part, it's more about have seen and haven't seen.

We've got to see Wingard for two seasons now. He doesn't bring much to be desired. 

We've yet to really see Cisco and what he could possibly bring. He looked the part in the preseason. I think most of us want to see if he continues to look the part on the big stage. Preseason is fun and all, but now it's about to get real.

I think it's mostly just for show right now (hopefully) and Urbs doesn't want to give the rookie the game 1 start. I can't imagine that they wont be splitting game reps, but that doesn't help the Secondary build chemistry like they should. Hopefully this is all settled by week 3 or 4, at the latest.

Cisco is the present and future, Wingard is the never.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

They'll probably rotate series. 

I hope.

(This post was last modified: 09-09-2021, 04:09 AM by Jag88. Edited 1 time in total.)

Here comes pass interference also. Maybe he will be used for a safety blitz and run stop and he doesn't miss

(09-08-2021, 07:47 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(09-08-2021, 07:35 PM)iapetus Wrote: Is this a new thing, or is it someone else discovering the depth chart that Meyer had already said was an *or?

It's printed by the Jags and has "as of Sept 7th" at the top. Also has Robinson listed as #25, which he just changed his number to the other day.

Full chart here..
https://twitter.com/JStCyrTV/status/1435...41/photo/1

Yeah, that answers my question then. Yes, it's the same depth chart that Meyer already said was an *or.

https://twitter.com/Demetrius82/status/1...7667346434