Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Gabbert on Defense gets start at Strong Safety!

Rewatch his play This pre-season. He has won over the coaching staff while we the fans has to play catch-up. His Run D is on point BUT his pass D is going to get him benched.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

if I rember correctly doesn't cisco have a injury. Myer is a smart enough HC to hold a injuryed player out to make sure it doesn''t become a more serious injury.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

He's a decent enough special teams player who can start in a pinch. He's suddenly the worst football player to ever put on a uniform though. Jag Fan needs to relax, it's just a piece of paper.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

He's a veteran. If he starts game 1, it might be because Meyer wants a veteran to start the season.

I'm just spitballing.

(09-08-2021, 09:51 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: I don't understand the whole hoopla over who's starting.. Just because they start, doesn't mean they'll finish..

amen to this.

(This post was last modified: 09-09-2021, 09:22 AM by The Real Marty.)

It's possible that Meyer doesn't want the Texans to know for sure that there will be a rookie safety back there.  "How to sucker a rookie safety out of position" has to be pretty basic game planning at the NFL level.

Again, I'm just spitballing.

(09-09-2021, 07:48 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: if I rember correctly doesn't cisco have a injury. Myer is a smart enough HC to hold a injuryed player out to make sure it doesn''t become a more serious injury.

When did he get injured Wolfie? He was the highest rated rookie safery(81.1 by PFF) within the pre-season.

NH3...
"AZANE"

Urban is obviously targeting someone in the 2022 Draft and feels that he needs to maintain a top 10 pick to get him. Hence, the reason we need to start people like Wingard this season.

(09-09-2021, 09:35 AM)NH3 Wrote:
(09-09-2021, 07:48 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: if I rember correctly doesn't cisco have a injury. Myer is a smart enough HC to hold a injuryed player out to make sure it doesn''t become a more serious injury.

When did he get injured Wolfie? He was the highest rated rookie safery(81.1 by PFF) within the pre-season.

NH3...

His injury was from his final year in school. 

He was recovered in time to play in preseason/ take full snaps in camp.

On an interesting note, he did have 454 tackles in college, the most in MWC history. Perhaps our new aggressive defense favors his strength of playing up and stuffing the run or whatever .... wishful thinking I guess.

(09-09-2021, 09:21 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: It's possible that Meyer doesn't want the Texans to know for sure that there will be a rookie safety back there.  "How to sucker a rookie safety out of position" has to be pretty basic game planning at the NFL level.

Again, I'm just spitballing.

Ha this was my thought. Team smarter by half.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(09-09-2021, 11:58 AM)CanDoBetter Wrote: https://twitter.com/_John_Shipley/status...5234151432

Yeah, you know he’s going to draw a penalty when the ball is snapped.

Wingard the GOAT is part of the reason we got TLAW, show some respect to the GOAT! He will go into the pride after this year. All hail wing.

(This post was last modified: 09-09-2021, 02:19 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Wingard is like a mix between Steve Atwater and Ed Reed. He'll come up and layout Derrick Henry in one game and then be able to shut down DeAndre Hopkins in the next game. He has a unique gift that cannot be taught.

(09-09-2021, 02:16 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Wingard the GOAT is part of the reason we got TLAW, show some respect to the GOAT! He will go into the pride after this year. All hail wing.

I don't see how the OC of the Texans is able to sleep trying to game plan against Wingard.  Perhaps they just punt on 1st down to avoid the GOAT.

Pass interference on Thor. Book it.

I don't get him starting, that said Jarrod Wilson is a real LOW bar to clear. Don't think either should have made the final 53. No one should be mourning the release of Wilson, he landed on the JETS practice squad ... probably due to the Saleh connection but I have a feeling he'll be out of the league entirely in a year or so.

I also have a feeling that we may run a lot of "Single High" with Jenkins back there and Wingard comes out for a nickel or a box defender depending on the situation. Considering it's the same depth chart from earlier in camp with all the "or's" I wouldn't read too much into this.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

(09-09-2021, 12:15 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: They'll probably rotate series. 

I hope.

https://twitter.com/ashlynrsullivan/stat...PCJ5Q&s=19

(09-09-2021, 04:30 AM)iapetus Wrote:
(09-08-2021, 07:47 PM)Eric1 Wrote: It's printed by the Jags and has "as of Sept 7th" at the top. Also has Robinson listed as #25, which he just changed his number to the other day.

Full chart here..
https://twitter.com/JStCyrTV/status/1435...41/photo/1

Yeah, that answers my question then. Yes, it's the same depth chart that Meyer already said was an *or.

https://twitter.com/Demetrius82/status/1...7667346434

[Image: d91.gif]
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Y'all are gonna look pretty silly when Wingard gets two pick sixes and a sack this Sunday. Boo-yah!

Banana
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.