Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Gabbert on Defense gets start at Strong Safety!

(09-12-2021, 01:51 PM)jagsfan06 Wrote: Wingard made it out of the first quarter without drawing a penalty flag.

new record?
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-11-2021, 09:50 AM)CanDoBetter Wrote:
(09-11-2021, 08:49 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: OR, they might think that Cisco makes a lot of rookie mistakes, and that could cause the defense to give up some big plays.  Perhaps they think that right now, they want a veteran back there.  Maybe?

But, but, but. I've heard all training camp how good Cisco's been. You mean that was hyperbole and reporters with wishful thinking?

The thing the experts here don't seem to understand that even if Wingard is as bad as they say, and we know he isn't, then Cisco is awful if he can't beat out Wingard. 

Experts don't seem to understand how much they've been influenced by fake news about rookies every year. It's not until regular season we'll know for sure when other teams expose the holes in our defense...

That didn't take long.

LOL

Wingard sucks

(09-12-2021, 03:26 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: LOL

Wingard sucks

Don't go gettin' his daddy mad now.

Wingard sucks

Just like the rest of them.

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2021, 11:09 PM by Eric1. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-12-2021, 03:50 PM)CanDoBetter Wrote:

Wingard sucks

Just like the rest of them.

Maybe some of us "message board experts" as you like to say, know a little more than you thought aye?

Wingard had no business being on the field, as many of us said and it didn't take long for him to continue to prove that.

The fact that they let Wilson go and kept Wingard just looks even worse now as well. At least he was actually somewhat serviceable.

Wingard sucks

https://twitter.com/APMarkLong/status/14...6CGUA&s=19
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(09-12-2021, 11:07 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(09-12-2021, 03:50 PM)CanDoBetter Wrote: Just like the rest of them.

Maybe some of us "message board experts" as you like to say, know a little more than you thought aye?

Wingard had no business being on the field, as many of us said and it didn't take long for him to continue to prove that.

The fact that they let Wilson go and kept Wingard just looks even worse now as well. At least he was actually somewhat serviceable.

Wilson was let go because he's the former starter and not good. He's now on Jets practice squad which tells you what you need to know. 

And on Wingard you all seem to miss the obvious. Why didn't they trust Cisco? Because that's what it's about.

(09-13-2021, 12:48 AM)CanDoBetter Wrote:
(09-12-2021, 11:07 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Maybe some of us "message board experts" as you like to say, know a little more than you thought aye?

Wilson was let go because he's the former starter and not good. He's now on Jets practice squad which tells you what you need to know. 

And on Wingard you all seem to miss the obvious. Why didn't they trust Cisco? Because that's what it's about.

Wilson is 10x better than Wingard will ever be, even though that may not be saying too much. He turned down the PS offer from this clown show to join the Jets, that tells you quite a bit about the scenes going on behind closed doors here/his opinion of this team. The Jets are bad as well, and he'd rather be there, doesn't speak very well for this staff right now. I don't blame him one bit for turning down the offer either after the slap in the face they gave him. Again, he might not be good, but he certainly isn't terrible like Dewey.

Which just continues to add too the stupidness of Urban and Co deciding to go with Wingard over Cisco. Why did they trust Wingard in the first place? That's what it is really about.. Maybe because Urban could be in over his head? It may only be one game so far, but nothing about today showed that Urban has any clue about the NFL game and making NFL decisions. Which was one of the worries going into the season, as well as the complaints about playing Wingard over Cisco days prior to the game. Guess what, their trust in Wingard proved to be as dumb as everybody said it was. It's almost like we watched him not be any good for 2 years, oh wait, we did. His 3rd year in the league and he looks the exact same as he did as a rookie. Hey, but as Cullen said, "we like him because he's tough".. I guess LOL.

I hope it'll change and they'll get things figured out sooner, rather than later, but Urbs was certainly out coached and out classed by another first time HC and it wasn't even close. He looked lost and clueless on the sidelines all game long. He (and the coaching staff) failed to prepare this team for this game in every single area today. It was pathetic and the writing was on the wall when they somehow decided Wingard should get the start LOL.

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2021, 01:44 AM by CanDoBetter. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-13-2021, 01:27 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(09-13-2021, 12:48 AM)CanDoBetter Wrote:  Wilson was let go because he's the former starter and not good. He's now on Jets practice squad which tells you what you need to know. 

Wilson is 10x better than Wingard will ever be, even though that may not be saying too much. He turned down the PS offer from this clown show to join the Jets, that tells you quite a bit about the scenes going on behind closed doors here/his opinion of this team. The Jets are bad as well, and he'd rather be there, doesn't speak very well for this staff right now. I don't blame him one bit for turning down the offer either after the slap in the face they gave him. Again, he might not be good, but he certainly isn't terrible like Dewey.

Which just continues to add too the stupidness of Urban and Co deciding to go with Wingard over Cisco. Why did they trust Wingard in the first place? That's what it is really about.. Maybe because Urban could be in over his head? It may only be one game so far, but nothing about today showed that Urban has any clue about the NFL game and making NFL decisions. Which was one of the worries going into the season, as well as the complaints about playing Wingard over Cisco days prior to the game. Guess what, their trust in Wingard proved to be as dumb as everybody said it was. It's almost like we watched him not be any good for 2 years, oh wait, we did. His 3rd year in the league and he looks the exact same as he did as a rookie. Hey, but as Cullen said, "we like him because he's tough".. I guess LOL.

I hope it'll change and they'll get things figured out sooner, rather than later, but Urbs was certainly out coached and out classed by another first time HC and it wasn't even close. He looked lost and clueless on the sidelines all game long. He (and the coaching staff) failed to prepare this team for this game in every single area today. It was pathetic and the writing was on the wall when they somehow decided Wingard should get the start LOL.

I'd rather discuss why so many of you are hysterical because Wingard started. He wasn't the worst player in the secondary yesterday.

(09-13-2021, 01:43 AM)CanDoBetter Wrote:
(09-13-2021, 01:27 AM)Eric1 Wrote: Wilson is 10x better than Wingard will ever be, even though that may not be saying too much. He turned down the PS offer from this clown show to join the Jets, that tells you quite a bit about the scenes going on behind closed doors here/his opinion of this team. The Jets are bad as well, and he'd rather be there, doesn't speak very well for this staff right now. I don't blame him one bit for turning down the offer either after the slap in the face they gave him. Again, he might not be good, but he certainly isn't terrible like Dewey.

I'd rather discuss why so many of you are hysterical because Wingard started. He wasn't the worst player in the secondary yesterday.

Probably because a blind man could even see why he had no business being on the field, let alone starting? Not that hard to figure out.

Yet he was the only one benched... I wonder why.

(09-13-2021, 01:43 AM)CanDoBetter Wrote:
(09-13-2021, 01:27 AM)Eric1 Wrote: Wilson is 10x better than Wingard will ever be, even though that may not be saying too much. He turned down the PS offer from this clown show to join the Jets, that tells you quite a bit about the scenes going on behind closed doors here/his opinion of this team. The Jets are bad as well, and he'd rather be there, doesn't speak very well for this staff right now. I don't blame him one bit for turning down the offer either after the slap in the face they gave him. Again, he might not be good, but he certainly isn't terrible like Dewey.

He got burnt in coverage and whiffed tackles on run D. He flat out sucked yesterday. He wasnt the sole reason we lost but he didnt do anything to make us win either.

Why you defending this guy this much?!

I’ve lost so much faith in this staff.

* kept Wingard over Wilson and actually , gulp, started the guy
* “we like our o-line” ugh - Can we just replace AJ freakin Cann already????
* deactivated Little week one inexplicably while tackles rack up flags and give up pressures
* move Oliver for a Ham sandwich and watch their best TE kill two drives with dropped passes in week one
* Got a 1000 yard rusher? Great , we’ll give him 5 carries

(09-13-2021, 09:54 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I’ve lost so much faith in this staff.

* “we like our o-line”  ugh - Can we just replace AJ freakin Cann already????
* deactivated Little week one inexplicably while tackles rack up flags and give up pressures
* move Oliver for a Ham sandwich and watch their best TE kill two drives with dropped passes in week one

Smartest Man in the Room Syndrome.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-13-2021, 09:54 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I’ve lost so much faith in this staff.

* “we like our o-line”  ugh - Can we just replace AJ freakin Cann already????

Your list has some doosies and it only touches on a few of the examples that are leading to many doubts. I already had doubts and he is doing nothing to eliminate any of them so far.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

It turns out Cisco was on a pitch count...

(09-13-2021, 03:52 PM)CanDoBetter Wrote: It turns out Cisco was on a pitch count...

Nah

That was a lame excuse from a guy who made a [BLEEP] decision on his safety personnel

Prime example where fans can see something the coaching staff can’t.

Wingard is ATROCIOUS

(09-19-2021, 02:51 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Prime example where fans can see something the coaching staff can’t.

Wingard is ATROCIOUS

I've been asking for this guy to be cut a long time ago....

His talents on ST have been well worn out. He can't play safety in any comprehensible manner.

He can't cover ^^