Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 1-2021 Games

In a little while the 2021-2022 NFL season will officially begin. I'm glad that the NFL is back. I wonder who will win tonight's game? I think it will be the Bucs and I wouldn't be surprised if they won by a comfortable margin against the Cowboys.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

In addition to seeing how the Jags do today, I'm also interested in seeing how other teams perform. I think that Jets/Panthers game & also the Browns/Chiefs games are among the most interesting matchups today. I'm glad we get a full slate of games today. Should be fun.

My dude Kenny Gainwell already a big part of the Eagles rotation

9 carries for 37 yards and a TD, and 2 receptions for 6

Not sure how he lasted until the 5th round with that skill set out of the backfield

Oof! Aaron Rodger got planted.

I don’t like all these people in our stadium. Ninja
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(09-12-2021, 04:19 PM)TheSchmidt Wrote: My dude Kenny Gainwell already a big part of the Eagles rotation

9 carries for 37 yards and a TD, and 2 receptions for 6

Not sure how he lasted until the 5th round with that skill set out of the backfield

Speaking of the Eagles, they played a good game today. Especially Jalen. I thought he did a nice job of coming out and putting up a good,effective performance. He ran quite a bit, but it worked. Nick Sirrani has gotten some criticism from analysts because of pressers he's done, but I think he could end up being at least solid as a Head Coach. The Eagles did play a shaky Falcons team today, but it was a good start for them nonetheless. I wonder how they will fare going forward this season.

Justin Herbert who is my favorite of the young talented QB's not named Mahomes, led a nice comeback for the Chargers to help them get the win, (Especially after some shakiness in the 3rd quarter). Russ and the Seahawks had a nice win against the Colts, and the 49ers had a good but interesting game, with them playing both Jimmy G and Trey Lance multiple times. It's going to be interesting to see what happens at QB there and if Trey may end up being inserted as the full starter in their lineup at some point this season. 

And I'm enjoying the Browns/Chiefs game right now. The Browns have become very fun to watch. Kevin Stefanski is a really good Head Coach. His playing calling including in this game has been impressive. They have been a nice job of neutralizing Patrick Mahomes a bit, though he's still made some nice plays and their offense is rolling. Unfortunately, their LT Jedrick Willis suffered an injury in the first half, but still have a good O-line. The Browns was the second team I rooted for last season and I'm going to do that again. After years of a lot of suffering for their team, and fans, it's nice to see the type of turnaround they have been having the past couple of years. I wonder how far they will go this year.

The Saints are handing it to the Packers. And Jameis is having a pretty good/efficient game. 93 yards for 4TDs. Hey, maybe that Lasik eye surgery he had really is making a big difference for his play so far. That and having good coaching underneath Sean Payton and learning in a stable organization. He's looks good and if he keeps this up, the Saints could have a nice showing this year. Aaron Rodgers on the other hand isn't playing so well, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him bounce back in an upcoming game.

Arron sitting on the bench now
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(09-12-2021, 06:46 PM)mal234 Wrote: The Saints are handing it to the Packers. And Jameis is having a pretty good/efficient game. 93 yards for 4TDs. Hey, maybe that Lasik eye surgery he had really is making a big difference for his play so far. That and having good coaching underneath Sean Payton and learning in a stable organization. He's looks good and if he keeps this up, the Saints could have a nice showing this year. Aaron Rodgers on the other hand isn't playing so well, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him bounce back in an upcoming game.

Winston just threw a 60 yard bomb for a TD and the Pack benched Rodgers. I think whoever wins the NFC South is the front runner to win the Super Bowl.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Rodgers got benched?? Dang, I was putting my motorcycle back together and missed most of the game.

All that Rodgers drama for nothing.

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2021, 08:24 PM by mal234. Edited 3 times in total.)

(09-12-2021, 06:53 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-12-2021, 06:46 PM)mal234 Wrote: The Saints are handing it to the Packers. And Jameis is having a pretty good/efficient game. 93 yards for 4TDs. Hey, maybe that Lasik eye surgery he had really is making a big difference for his play so far. That and having good coaching underneath Sean Payton and learning in a stable organization. He's looks good and if he keeps this up, the Saints could have a nice showing this year. Aaron Rodgers on the other hand isn't playing so well, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him bounce back in an upcoming game.

Winston just threw a 60 yard bomb for a TD and the Pack benched Rodgers. I think whoever wins the NFC South is the front runner to win the Super Bowl.

(09-12-2021, 08:15 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Rodgers got benched?? Dang, I was putting my motorcycle back together and missed most of the game.

All that Rodgers drama for nothing.

It's interesting. I wonder if the Packers might try and start Jordan next week. Or if they are going to try and use the excuse of "We fell so far behind in the game, we decided to give the young guy some reps" to explain why they put him in. And then start Aaron again next week. I have a feeling they will start him again next week. But he definitely had quite a bit of drama with them this offseason. All the "will he or won't he get/traded or even retire" stuff and him missing important things like camp, etc... Things have been rocky between him and the Packers for some time now. And today's performance and benching will make things worse.

Also, that was a disappointing ending for the Browns. Tough interception from Baker at the end after I thought he he had a solid showing in the game. The Browns unfortunately let their foot off the gas and the Chiefs got right back into the game in the 2nd half, and the Browns couldn't get enough stops against Mahomes and them. I do think that the Browns could end up being pretty good this year and the Chiefs are one of their toughest opponents, so they still could have a nice record and make the playoffs when it's all said and done.

Jalen Ramsey out there showing that he is the best defender in the league, meanwhile we have Chaisson and ETN.. What an awful turn around for that trade.

(09-13-2021, 02:30 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Jalen Ramsey out there showing that he is the best defender in the league, meanwhile we have Chaisson and ETN.. What an awful turn around for that trade.

Think we have Trevor Lawrence and it makes it feel slightly better.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(09-13-2021, 02:30 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Jalen Ramsey out there showing that he is the best defender in the league, meanwhile we have Chaisson and ETN.. What an awful turn around for that trade.

Ramsey is right where he was meant to be. Nothing was ever going to keep him here. He would have created new problems to drive a wedge. 

Ramsey is good,, but he is also a front runner who doesn't respond well to adversity.

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2021, 08:43 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(09-13-2021, 08:33 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:

Ramsey is right where he was meant to be. Nothing was ever going to keep him here. He would have created new problems to drive a wedge. 

Ramsey is good,, but he is also a front runner who doesn't respond well to adversity.

I don't think anyone is questioning why we moved Ramsey. It's what we ended up with in return for trading him, a DE/OLB who can't get to the QB and an injured 3rd down RB who may never be the same.

(09-13-2021, 08:42 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-13-2021, 08:33 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Ramsey is right where he was meant to be. Nothing was ever going to keep him here. He would have created new problems to drive a wedge. 

I don't think anyone is questioning why we moved Ramsey. It's what we ended up with in return for trading him, a DE/OLB who can't get to the QB and an injured 3rd down RB who may never be the same.

That isn't fair.  You act like we drafted an injured RB. It is too soon to tell on him, and based on Robinsons drops yesterday, he may end up being a great pick. 

You know I am no fan of this front office, but am willing to give him some time.

(09-13-2021, 08:05 AM)MoJagFan Wrote:

Think we have Trevor Lawrence and it makes it feel slightly better.
This is the only saving grace.

Ramsey has always been an elite corner but like others have said, he didn't want to be here. Drafting Chaisson and Etienne means the Rams won the trade considering they have an All-Pro corner and we have nothing.

However, the Jags ended up with Trevor so it's all good.

(09-13-2021, 08:51 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(09-13-2021, 08:42 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I don't think anyone is questioning why we moved Ramsey. It's what we ended up with in return for trading him, a DE/OLB who can't get to the QB and an injured 3rd down RB who may never be the same.

That isn't fair.  You act like we drafted an injured RB. It is too soon to tell on him, and based on Robinsons drops yesterday, he may end up being a great pick. 

You know I am no fan of this front office, but am willing to give him some time.

That is fair considering we took a RB in round 1, something you should NEVER do when you are coming off a bad season or in our case, a bad decade. The injury makes no difference. The fact that we over-drafted for a RB can be laid right at the feet of the front office. This was a dumb move! You NEVER draft a RB that high, unless you have a good O-Line and RB is the last piece in the puzzle to complete your team. That was not the case for us. Not by a long shot.

(09-13-2021, 08:55 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-13-2021, 08:05 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: Think we have Trevor Lawrence and it makes it feel slightly better.
This is the only saving grace.

Ramsey has always been an elite corner but like others have said, he didn't want to be here. Drafting Chaisson and Etienne means the Rams won the trade considering they have an All-Pro corner and we have nothing.

The Jags didn't end up with TL because of this trade, we ended up with TL because of terrible coaching and years of bad personnel decisions. 

Could one argue that if JR stayed here, we would have won more than 1 game and lost out on TL, sure. It's a valid argument, but still an argument.

I hate when people say this trade landed us TL.

(09-13-2021, 09:05 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(09-13-2021, 08:55 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: This is the only saving grace.

The Jags didn't end up with TL because of this trade, we ended up with TL because of terrible coaching and years of bad personnel decisions. 

Could one argue that if JR stayed here, we would have won more than 1 game and lost out on TL, sure. It's a valid argument, but still an argument.

I hate when people say this trade landed us TL.
It helped to land TLaw because the Jaguars became a worse football team the second they traded away Ramsey. The Jags lost numerous games by 1 score last season and maybe Ramsey helps them win 1 of those by taking away their best receiver.

It doesn't matter though because Ramsey didn't want to be here and he's gone.

My issue is when people make the claim that Ramsey isn't that good just because he burned the team. You can dislike the guy and at the same time recognize the talent. I dislike Tom Brady and am almost certain he's on PEDs but he's the GOAT.