Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Offensive Line PFF grades vs Houston

Jawan Taylor:  64.9  (2 pressures allowed)
Cam Robinson 47.0  (6 pressures Allowed)
AJ Cann           13.9 (6 pressures Allowed)
Andrew Norwell 74.3 (2 pressures Allowed)
Brandon Linder 75.7 (0 pressures allowed)

Trevor Lawrence had a grade of 48.9

Yes we passed a lot but that is a ton of pressures allowed. Cann was simply horrendous!
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

And we have Denver's pass rush coming to town next week lol.

[Image: ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.automatesystems.co.u...f=1&nofb=1]
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(09-12-2021, 09:37 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Jawan Taylor:  64.9  (2 pressures allowed)
Cam Robinson 47.0  (6 pressures Allowed)
AJ Cann           13.9 (6 pressures Allowed)
Andrew Norwell 74.3 (2 pressures Allowed)
Brandon Linder 75.7 (0 pressures allowed)

Trevor Lawrence had a grade of 48.9

Yes we passed a lot but that is a ton of pressures allowed. Cann was simply horrendous!

But I was told the O-line wasn't a big problem! this must be a mistake by pff!
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

16 pressures and only 1 sack, right? Trevor got that ball out fast.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2021, 11:53 PM by jaguarmvp. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-12-2021, 10:03 PM)mikesez Wrote: 16 pressures and only 1 sack, right? Trevor got that ball out fast.

True.  Trevor deserves Credit for the amount of pressure he faced
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

How have we retained A.J. Cann for this long? Wasn't he benched last year or the year before already? Hello?

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2021, 12:43 AM by CanDoBetter. Edited 1 time in total.)

I don't remember when we were supposed to believe PFF or not. Is it the basic "when they agree with me" or is there more to it?

I mean, I believe the numbers but there will be more grades coming and I'd like to know. What did the receivers get for example?

O- Line horrendous? Looks to me it’s fine besides one guy lol. I’d like to slide Taylor in and put Little there or pick Richardson in at RG.

I've seen how some people on the board are crediting the O-Line with giving up just one sack, but there are a couple of things to keep in mind here. This was the Texans. Once J.J. Watt left, they have no pass rush. This is probably gonna be the easiest D-Line we face all season and we still gave up a completely unacceptable 16 pressures. Nothing has changed. It's an illusion. Lawrence may have struggled, but I saw a guy who also showed much better anticipation, pocket awareness and a much quicker release than our past QB's. Put Minshew or Bortles or Glennon or Foles or who ever back there for this game and we would have given up multiple sacks. Even after one game in his NFL career, I can see that Lawrence makes the O-Line appear better than they actually are. Does he have things he needs to clean up? Absolutely! He is a rookie who was forced to throw 51 times in his very first NFL game and he threw 3 picks, some pretty ugly. This is gonna take time and patience, but lets not get fooled into thinking the O-Line has gotten better. It hasn't. Quite frankly, I'm scared for Lawrence's safety. We are facing Von Miller next week and the week after that we face Chandler Jones and for those of you who aren't aware, Jones just had five sacks in one game against former Pro Bowl OT Taylor Lewan. If he did that to Lewan, how many sacks will he have against our OT duo? 10, 12, 15?

I'm also gonna tell you that help at OT, is not gonna come during the 2022 draft either. I've spent the last 2 weeks scouting all the top guys and this may be the worst OT class I've seen in 5 years, maybe longer. I've seen Evan Neal of Alabama, Jaxson Kirkland of Washington, Kenyon Green of Texas A&M, Daniel Faalele of Minnesota, Zion Nelson of Miami, Thayer Munford of Ohio State and Charles Cross of Mississippi State and Rasheed Walker of Penn State. Of all these guys, I'd only give Evan Neal a first round grade and in some cases we have Kenyon Green, who needs to be kicked inside to OG and Thayer Munford, who I believe is completely undraftable. The problem with Neal is that when is the last time Alabama has ever churned out a successful NFL OT? The send a ton of them to the NFL, but they never seem to stick. IMO, we only 2 options if we wanna protect our QB. We need to overpay in free agency for a top notch OT like Terron Armstead or Duane Brown or we need to use our first round pick and perhaps a player to make a trade for an OT like Laremy Tunsil.

Continuity is a terrific thing...

“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results.” -Einstein

(09-12-2021, 10:03 PM)mikesez Wrote: 16 pressures and only 1 sack, right? Trevor got that ball out fast.

Digging deeper than a superficial stat...how dare you! Smile

This is good stuff. I am not equating the two, but all those years facing Manning, I thought that was his greatest trait - If pressure was coming, the ball was already out of his hand. A lot easier to reset and face 2nd and 10 than to be looking at 2nd and 17.

We can only hope Trevor is that talented.

Is Trevor an anticipation guy that throws to spots and opens up plays for wide receivers? So that is getting it out to the right spots right?

Any chance 1 of the 3 picks was bad sight adjustments and wr and qb communication breakdown?
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(09-13-2021, 08:28 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: Is Trevor an anticipation guy that throws to spots and opens up plays for wide receivers? So that is getting it out to the right spots right?

Any chance 1 of the 3 picks was bad sight adjustments and wr and qb communication breakdown?

Who knows? When a rookie QB falls behind so big, early in the game, sometimes they panic and try to do too much to make up the difference. This is often the case when that QB is not used to trailing, especially a blow out game. I think the INT's and dropped passes were a combination of several factors, but ultimately, I'm not worried. That stuff will work itself out in time as the QB and receivers start to gel. I'm way more concerned about the defense, particularly the lack of a pass rush and the inability to cover opposing receivers. We didn't address the lack of a pass rush at all in the offseason and brought in CB's that IMO, are not good in man to man coverage. This could get very, very ugly.

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2021, 08:42 AM by Cleatwood. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-13-2021, 08:38 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-13-2021, 08:28 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: Is Trevor an anticipation guy that throws to spots and opens up plays for wide receivers? So that is getting it out to the right spots right?

Who knows? When a rookie QB falls behind so big, early in the game, sometimes they panic and try to do too much to make up the difference. This is often the case when that QB is not used to trailing, especially a blow out game. I think the INT's and dropped passes were a combination of several factors, but ultimately, I'm not worried. That stuff will work itself out in time as the QB and receivers start to gel. I'm way more concerned about the defense, particularly the lack of a pass rush and the inability to cover opposing receivers. We didn't address the lack of a pass rush at all in the offseason and brought in CB's that IMO, are not good in man to man coverage. This could get very, very ugly.
Jawaan Taylor was bad? Weird. If only anyone could have foreseen this happening....

But you're point about the drops is extremely deflating. The only rookie QB who has the mindset, skillset and leadership to turn this thing around is Trevor. I don't care what the other rookie QBs do. If they were in Trevors situation, they would look HORRIBLE.

I feel like a broken record complaining every year that we didn’t do enough in the off-season to upgrade our o-line, but it just continues to be the case.

I hope they can get Little ready and they start trying one of those starting tackles at RG.
But they won’t.

With this new regime, I’ve gone from “concerned but optimistic” to “Meyer is in over his head.”

Right side of the line is trash

Guys don't worry Linder said that Warhop was awesome and stuff. That's what really matters.

(09-13-2021, 08:41 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-13-2021, 08:38 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Who knows? When a rookie QB falls behind so big, early in the game, sometimes they panic and try to do too much to make up the difference. This is often the case when that QB is not used to trailing, especially a blow out game. I think the INT's and dropped passes were a combination of several factors, but ultimately, I'm not worried. That stuff will work itself out in time as the QB and receivers start to gel. I'm way more concerned about the defense, particularly the lack of a pass rush and the inability to cover opposing receivers. We didn't address the lack of a pass rush at all in the offseason and brought in CB's that IMO, are not good in man to man coverage. This could get very, very ugly.
Jawaan Taylor was bad? Weird. If only anyone could have foreseen this happening....

But you're point about the drops is extremely deflating. The only rookie QB who has the mindset, skillset and leadership to turn this thing around is Trevor. I don't care what the other rookie QBs do. If they were in Trevors situation, they would look HORRIBLE.

Told by a reporter in the press conference, Meyer repeated him with, " six drops?" Reporter asked another question about that that I couldn't hear but Meyer then replied to the effect  "I'll let you know next week." Sound like WR group in for some serious work, maybe even a roster move or two?

That really bad one that went straight to the linebacker looked like #10 was supposed to hook back and he kept going on the square in route. If that's an option route then TLaw just misread the coverage as rookies sometimes do.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato