Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags vs Ponies

It’s going to be a long season if we got blown out by the Texans. 

Unfortunately I see an 0-2 start here. The Broncos blew out a Giants team that while not good, can arguably be said to have a roster equal to the Texans and even stronger then Jax minus QB. 

While it was promising to see only one sack this week, Miller and company will eat this o-line’s lunch, and at the least we should see more holding calls. Bridgewater is an efficient QB like tyrod all though not as mobile thankfully. 

Broncos 21, Jax 10. 

I feel bad for Trevor already

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2021, 09:41 AM by iHaunting Raven. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-13-2021, 09:36 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: It’s going to be a long season if we got blown out by the Texans. 

Unfortunately I see an 0-2 start here. The Broncos blew out a Giants team that while not good, can arguably be said to have a roster equal to the Texans and even stronger then Jax minus QB. 

While it was promising to see only one sack this week, Miller and company will eat this o-line’s lunch, and at the least we should see more holding calls. Bridgewater is an efficient QB like tyrod all though not as mobile thankfully. 

Broncos 21, Jax 10. 

But you said O-line wasn't a big problem?  Laughing Laughing Laughing I sarcastically said they did a great job keeping Warhop and our 2 OT and you acted like that wasn't a big problem and now you are worried? LOL
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(09-13-2021, 09:38 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(09-13-2021, 09:36 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: It’s going to be a long season if we got blown out by the Texans. 

Broncos 21, Jax 10. 

But you said O-line wasn't a big problem?  Laughing Laughing Laughing I sarcastically said they did a great job keeping Warhop and our 2 OT and you acted like that wasn't a big problem and now you are worried? LOL

Again, my statement was that they’re not the worst of our problems, at least yesterday, and again, the holding calls were tacky yesterday. The positive yesterday was they at least kept Trevor upright. Go look at the Jets. Zach Wilson was sacked six times.So yeah, could have been a lot worse and the Oline did decent at times.  

Against the Broncos, they won’t be “tacky” if called. Our tackles will struggle against Bradley and Miller. They are way better then Texans d line and when your getting whipped, you start holding to desperately keep them off the QB.

Realistically, this is 1 of 4 possible wins for us this year. Let's just hope we don't get TL killed.

I don’t see a win in the next 3 games if we play like that
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Adjustments for next week:

*Help your OTs protect with TE and RB blocking.
* RUN JAMES ROBINSON 20+ times
*start Cisco over Wingard (can’t believe I’m even having to type this)
*Find a nickel from your DB room not named Campbell, he ain’t ready
*find out if Taylor can play RG , test Little , at least make him active on game day this time!
*test your secondary and LB corps on assignments all week - these jokers looked LOST pre-snap yesterday at least 20 times
*look at the tape snd find your best rotation of DT/DE players to stop the run - it’s still a major problem
* get your receivers on the same page with QB on the routes that were bungled vs Houston
* run JAMES ROBINSON!!!
*game plan quick developing pass plays that don’t need 4 seconds of protection for Trevor - let him get the ball out quickly - down field shots should come after successful runs
*identify the weakness on Denver’s O-line and run games on it all day - come on Cullen - show off those sneaky blitzes

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2021, 10:51 AM by Cleatwood. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-13-2021, 10:21 AM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(09-13-2021, 09:38 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: But you said O-line wasn't a big problem?  Laughing Laughing Laughing I sarcastically said they did a great job keeping Warhop and our 2 OT and you acted like that wasn't a big problem and now you are worried? LOL

Again, my statement was that they’re not the worst of our problems, at least yesterday, and again, the holding calls were tacky yesterday. The positive yesterday was they at least kept Trevor upright. Go look at the Jets. Zach Wilson was sacked six times.So yeah, could have been a lot worse and the Oline did decent at times.  

Against the Broncos, they won’t be “tacky” if called. Our tackles will struggle against Bradley and Miller. They are way better then Texans d line and when your getting whipped, you start holding to desperately keep them off the QB.
1. Panthers pass rush is way better than the Texans.
2. This is because Wilson is far worse than Trevor and held the ball way too long.

The only positive from yesterday is that Trevor makes other people look better than they really are and that's the sign of a franchise QB.

(09-13-2021, 10:21 AM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(09-13-2021, 09:38 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: But you said O-line wasn't a big problem?  Laughing Laughing Laughing I sarcastically said they did a great job keeping Warhop and our 2 OT and you acted like that wasn't a big problem and now you are worried? LOL

Why should I go look at the Jets? why does that matter? we are talking about the Jags, this crappy O-line, O-line Coach and the stupid HC and GM that did nothing to upgrade, and people LIKE YOU were fine with it even if you now deny it.

Texans pass rush is not even good, but hey we'll see how right you were about the "O-line not being a big problem"! can't wait!
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(09-13-2021, 10:47 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Adjustments for next week:

*find out if Taylor can play RG , test Little , at least make him active on game day this time!
*test your secondary and LB corps on assignments all week - these jokers looked LOST pre-snap yesterday at least 20 times
*look at the tape snd find your best rotation of DT/DE players to stop the run - it’s still a major problem
* get your receivers on the same page with QB on the routes that were bungled vs Houston
* run JAMES ROBINSON!!!
*game plan quick developing pass plays that don’t need 4 seconds of protection for Trevor - let him get the ball out quickly - down field shots should come after successful runs
*identify the weakness on Denver’s O-line and run games on it all day - come on Cullen - show off those sneaky blitzes

* catch the ball?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(09-13-2021, 02:52 PM)RicoTx Wrote:

* run JAMES ROBINSON!!!

* catch the ball?

Ha! Yes - I think that one is the easiest fix and didn’t see it as a coaching/personnel  fail like I did most 
of the other stuff 

But, gotta fix that too.

* run JAMES ROBINSON!!!

* catch the ball?

Ha! Yes - I think that one is the easiest fix and didn’t see it as a coaching/personnel  fail like I did most 
of the other stuff 

But, gotta fix that too.

* run JAMES ROBINSON!!!

* catch the ball?

[Image: jags.gif]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-13-2021, 03:50 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-13-2021, 02:52 PM)RicoTx Wrote: * catch the ball?

[Image: jags.gif]

Hahaha dude thinks he still in college

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2021, 05:49 PM by HURRICANE!!!. Edited 1 time in total.)

I'd just be happy if we could line up in a legal formation and also remember that we're only allowed 11 players in the huddle.

Getting an illegal formation called on your 1st play from scrimmage and then calling a timeout is brutal team preparation

(09-13-2021, 05:46 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: I'd just be happy if we could line up in a legal formation and also remember that we're only allowed 11 players in the huddle.

Getting an illegal formation called on your 1st play from scrimmage and then calling a timeout is brutal team preparation

I agree but will add:

Showing up to the next game with a straight face.

I would like to Keep Lawrence under 30 throws maybe under 25. Run the ball even if we fall behind. I don't want to see these tackles get Lawrence killed. Von Miller had 2 sacks this past week and just licking his lips ready to play this team. Run the ball and run it a ton.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

They lost Jerry Jeudy for 4-6 weeks with a high ankle sprain. That should make it a little easier for our secondary.

(09-13-2021, 09:41 PM)Eric1 Wrote: They lost Jerry Jeudy for 4-6 weeks with a high ankle sprain. That should make it a little easier for our secondary.

That definitely helps, but I will be surprised if I don't have a nightmare about Hamler putting Campbell in the blender from the slot leading up to the game.

(09-13-2021, 09:47 PM)Upper Wrote:
(09-13-2021, 09:41 PM)Eric1 Wrote: They lost Jerry Jeudy for 4-6 weeks with a high ankle sprain. That should make it a little easier for our secondary.

That definitely helps, but I will be surprised if I don't have a nightmare about Hamler putting Campbell in the blender from the slot leading up to the game.

I'd think that if Herndon isn't back they will probably use Rusnak or Claybrooks before they put Campbell back out there at nickel. 

Of course this regime doesn't seem to make the "obvious" moves, so...  who knows? 

Praying for Herndon's recovery, LOL.

If T Law can replicate his stats from last week, and minus at least 2 of the turnovers we probably win.

(09-13-2021, 10:56 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: If T Law can replicate his stats from last week, and minus at least 2 of the turnovers we probably win.

If he throws 50 passes again we lose by 20.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato