Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags vs Ponies

(09-16-2021, 01:06 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(09-16-2021, 09:35 AM)RicoTx Wrote: I don't get it.

Jags mascot isn't a trash can.

Of course it isn't, it is a trash can't

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47s3j8uog9tdr5kjfe9m...y.gif&ct=g]

[Image: 5n7fw3.jpg]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2F68.media.tumblr.com%2F4...f=1&nofb=1]
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

Most people expected us to beat the Texans. That didn't go as planned, but I'm guessing we may have a game during the season that most people think we will lose where we end up pulling out a surprise victory. In any case, I'm not all that concerned whether we win or lose games this year. My biggest goal for the team is to see steady improvement with all of the young players currently on the roster, and then the addition of another group of rookies and free agents next year.

If things go well, we could be looking at a trip to the playoffs in 2022. This rebuild was going to take time, and I don't mind going along for the ride, even if there are some bumps in the road along the way. It's going to be fun watching the Jags continue to develop and improve. Our time to win a lot of games will get here in time.

As far as this week's game against the Broncos, I would just like to see a more balanced attack on offense with rush vs. pass, and improvement overall on defense. If we win, great! If we lose, it's OK as long as we continue to learn and improve.
[Image: pqk1i5F.jpg]

(09-16-2021, 03:00 PM)Portofino43 Wrote: Most people expected us to beat the Texans. That didn't go as planned, but I'm guessing we may have a game during the season that most people think we will lose where we end up pulling out a surprise victory. In any case, I'm not all that concerned whether we win or lose games this year. My biggest goal for the team is to see steady improvement with all of the young players currently on the roster, and then the addition of another group of rookies and free agents next year.

If things go well, we could be looking at a trip to the playoffs in 2022. This rebuild was going to take time, and I don't mind going along for the ride, even if there are some bumps in the road along the way. It's going to be fun watching the Jags continue to develop and improve. Our time to win a lot of games will get here in time.

As far as this week's game against the Broncos, I would just like to see a more balanced attack on offense with rush vs. pass, and improvement overall on defense. If we win, great! If we lose, it's OK as long as we continue to learn and improve.

My reaction on actually seeing a positive post for once

[Image: what-shocked.gif]

(09-16-2021, 03:00 PM)Portofino43 Wrote: Most people expected us to beat the Texans.  That didn't go as planned, but I'm guessing we may have a game during the season that most people think we will lose where we end up pulling out a surprise victory.  In any case, I'm not all that concerned whether we win or lose games this year.  My biggest goal for the team is to see steady improvement with all of the young players currently on the roster, and then the addition of another group of rookies and free agents next year. 

If things go well, we could be looking at a trip to the playoffs in 2022.  This rebuild was going to take time, and I don't mind going along for the ride, even if there are some bumps in the road along the way.  It's going to be fun watching the Jags continue to develop and improve.  Our time to win a lot of games will get here in time. 

As far as this week's game against the Broncos, I would just like to see a more balanced attack on offense with rush vs. pass, and improvement overall on defense.  If we win, great!  If we lose, it's OK as long as we continue to learn and improve.

Well, that shouldn't be a problem. After week 1, the bar is set very, very, very, very, very low.

It's a big football weekend starting tonight. Giants vs Redskins. Then bama vs gators and a lot of other good college games. Finaly jags vs the Broncos. I'm excited and cant wait to see the game. I hope we all have some fun watching and not as much stress as the texans game. Its exciting that the jags will be at home. I hope the crowd is top notch. I'm sure many will be interested in seeing tl in his first home game.

(09-16-2021, 03:00 PM)Portofino43 Wrote: Most people expected us to beat the Texans.  That didn't go as planned, but I'm guessing we may have a game during the season that most people think we will lose where we end up pulling out a surprise victory.  In any case, I'm not all that concerned whether we win or lose games this year.  My biggest goal for the team is to see steady improvement with all of the young players currently on the roster, and then the addition of another group of rookies and free agents next year. 

If things go well, we could be looking at a trip to the playoffs in 2022.  This rebuild was going to take time, and I don't mind going along for the ride, even if there are some bumps in the road along the way.  It's going to be fun watching the Jags continue to develop and improve.  Our time to win a lot of games will get here in time. 

As far as this week's game against the Broncos, I would just like to see a more balanced attack on offense with rush vs. pass, and improvement overall on defense.  If we win, great!  If we lose, it's OK as long as we continue to learn and improve.

Absolutely agree. Any time you're dealing with youth on a team you're going to have to expect some mistakes or winnable losses. It sucks to get blown out, but this is part of the learning curve.

The good news is so much went bad this past weekend that it will give us plenty of opportunity to see improvement. I just hope that the team can be competitive along the way. The wins will come, in time.

(09-16-2021, 04:17 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

Well, that shouldn't be a problem. After week 1, the bar is set very, very, very, very, very low.

And after coming off a 1-15 season, our barometer for this year should reflect tempered expectations.

Need to get JRob way more involved than last week. Needs 20+ carries..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Denver player tells Meyer he needs to change

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...n-the-nfl/

OK guys and gals. It took until Friday but I gotta say.

Jags win this one BIG!!!, 42-10. Jagwads all the way baby!!
(Is it just my eyes or is there no real teal color in that pull down color chart? )
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(09-17-2021, 12:22 PM)Jagwired Wrote: OK guys and gals. It took until Friday but I gotta say.I

(Is it just my eyes or is there no real teal color in that pull down color chart? )
The score seems accurate but the Broncos will have 42 while the Jags have 10.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(09-17-2021, 02:30 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(09-17-2021, 12:22 PM)Jagwired Wrote: OK guys and gals. It took until Friday but I gotta say.I

The score seems accurate but the Broncos will have 42 while the Jags have 10.

Teddy Bridgewater is going to put 42 on us? Kill me now

(09-16-2021, 09:08 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-16-2021, 12:20 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Our team is bad... but I can't predict a loss to a team with Teddy Bridgewater starting if i'm supposed to also believe we have a "generational talent qb". And I know i'm gonna get replies "oh but tyrod beat us" yeah and Tyrod was good at a point in his career, Teddys been average always.

You're probably underestimating where Teddy is at this point in his career development-wise.  Understandable I guess. It's just one game last week, but he looked good.

He can do some damage in that offense, but I expect the pressures that never got home against Tyrod Taylor will more often prove disruptive against Bridgewater. 

I just hope we see better play at nickel whether it's Herndon getting healthy, Campbell having a lightbulb go off, or a different DB getting snaps there.  That's probably the biggest liability in our pass defense right now.

Or over estimating the Jaguars' defense. The Jags coverage looked really bad last week and the Denver defense isn't that bad.

If you switched Jaguars and broncos quarterbacks for this game I think Denver would win by a lot more, but I do think they'll still win even though everyone would rather have Trevor over Teddy.

(09-16-2021, 05:04 PM)Mikey Wrote:

Absolutely agree. Any time you're dealing with youth on a team you're going to have to expect some mistakes or winnable losses. It sucks to get blown out, but this is part of the learning curve.

The good news is so much went bad this past weekend that it will give us plenty of opportunity to see improvement. I just hope that the team can be competitive along the way. The wins will come, in time.

The most experienced unit on the team is the offensive line with the same position coach. The game plan where we abandoned the run looked similar to 1-15 last year.

Okay we still have our MVP punter at least.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2021, 06:36 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Going to the Alabama vs Florida game tomorrow and the Broncos vs Jags game Sun. Hopefully I get to see 2 upsets

(09-17-2021, 06:10 PM)MoJagFan Wrote:
(09-16-2021, 05:04 PM)Mikey Wrote: Absolutely agree. Any time you're dealing with youth on a team you're going to have to expect some mistakes or winnable losses. It sucks to get blown out, but this is part of the learning curve.

The most experienced unit on the team is the offensive line with the same position coach. The game plan where we abandoned the run looked similar to 1-15 last year.

Okay we still have our MVP punter at least.

3 of the 5 were the starters when we had the number 1 rushing offense in the league.

Trevor looked pretty good when he could stand in the pocket. Unfortunately, I don't think the Broncos plan to let him do so. My hope rest upon Urban learning to utilize the run because our OTs are likely to crumble under the pressure, and that opens up the risk of a Trevor injury tremendously. Like against the Texans, if Trevor walks off the fields healthy, I'll take that as a win.

It's the NFL...

We'll lose 1 or 2 we shouldn't and win the same way.

(09-17-2021, 03:42 PM)Kane Wrote:
(09-17-2021, 02:30 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: The score seems accurate but the Broncos will have 42 while the Jags have 10.

Teddy Bridgewater is going to put 42 on us? Kill me now

Nah, he'll throw 2 TDs, they'll run for 2 more and the D will score two.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-17-2021, 12:22 PM)Jagwired Wrote: OK guys and gals. It took until Friday but I gotta say.

Just not a score prediction thread without you!

One week....