Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Meyer falling apart already?

(09-13-2021, 01:02 PM)Doc Holliday904 Wrote: La canfora also reported that Coughlin was gonna come down from the office and start coaching

At one point, didn't he have us among the teams moving to Los Angeles?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2021, 03:30 PM by Jag88. Edited 1 time in total.)

The previous coaches, like marrone and many others were ultra bad compared to the top coaches around the league however They all got years and plenty extra chances. This is just game 1. It's not college where one loss is the end of the world. This is a process. It's a long season. How many wins do you expect? I have hope that we win more than people think we will, but it's not time to talk trash after one game and judge so harshly. Dont be so quick

(09-13-2021, 03:27 PM)Jag88 Wrote: The previous coaches like marrone and other were ultra bad. They all got years and plenty extra chances. This is just game 1. It's not college where one loss is the end of the world. This is a process. How many wins do you expect? I have hope that we win more than people think we will but it's not time to talk trash after one game.

You honestly think the fans here don't realize it isn't college football?

You just ignoring all the red flag nonsense. I will add to it... hey it is just a QB challenge it will showcase Minahew and let Trevor earn it.

This is all horrific clueless franchise nonsense. This is a historically bad franchise with the ownership change. The stadium looked awesome with the saints playing in it. It isn't the city, it isn't the stadium, it isn't the fans. It is all on the owner. He sucks.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(09-13-2021, 03:27 PM)Jag88 Wrote: The previous coaches like marrone and other were ultra bad. They all got years and plenty extra chances. This is just game 1. It's not college where one loss is the end of the world. This is a process. How many wins do you expect? I have hope that we win more than people think we will but it's not time to talk trash after one game.

Lol, Doug Marrone took over a 2-12 team, immediately won his first game, and then took the team to the playoffs the next year.  Marrone's very first game as an NFL coach was a 21-23 loss in Foxboro in 2013, a respectable loss against the powerhouse of the NFL with E.J. Freaking Manuel as his rookie Opening Day starter. That guy looks like Vince Lombardi compared to Urbz after their first games here. Funny how it can always be worse...
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-13-2021, 03:02 PM)jagman Wrote: This is what I don't understand....The elite news media in the Northeast has always hated Jacksonville getting a NFL team.  Many of you have often complained because the media never had anything good to say about our city or our team.  ESPN and CBS has always had a biased opinion of Urban and Jacksonville and have gone out of their way to make him and the city look bad.  I'm... surprised that some of you have quickly jumped on their band wagon.  Personally, I don't know if Meyer will be a good NFL coach but I do know this, it won't help the team by constantly bad mouthing the team, coach, or organization after one game.

No doubt. Hell, I gave Gus two seasons worth of the benefit of the doubt before turning on him. 

Jags fans are so weary of losing and bad organizational decisions they've become overly defensive (unlike the team! *kneeslap*) and impatient. What little optimism and tolerance we had remaining disappeared with Doug Marrone.

Did Urban Meyer shoot Jason LaCanfora's dog or something? Jesus Christ, what a rant.

(09-13-2021, 01:45 PM)Upper Wrote:
(09-13-2021, 01:40 PM)Jag88 Wrote: The sky is falling. Well no. On the other hand, Its only game 1. It could get worse or it could get better. The fun part is, we get to ride.

It was just a bad decision to keep the GM, then it was just a bad decision to keep the oline coach, then it was just a bad decision to franchise statistically the worst LT in the league, then it was just hiring a racist strength coach, then it was just a bad FA period, then it was just drafting a RB in the first round and reaching big time on the wrong corner at 33, then it was giving his buddy Tebow a chance despite being completely and utterly unqualified, then it was just getting our [BLEEP] handed to us by the Browns and Saints backups in preseason, now it's just a week 1 blowout loss to the team everyone had penciled in as getting the first pick in the draft. I'm sure I have forgot some too.

Sure, it's only one game that counts, and to be fair Meyer has done a couple of things right, but by and large it's been one fail after another after another.

(09-13-2021, 03:55 PM)rufftime Wrote: QB competition…
Trading Schobert, Oliver, and Jones for minimal capital in return
Cutting Wilson for Wingard
Minimal use of priority waiver claim

Yep those are a few more dumb ones I forgot about.

Media is always wrong unless they’re pushing the same agenda as I am

(09-13-2021, 04:14 PM)jaglyn Wrote: Media is always wrong unless they’re pushing the same agenda as I am

Wink

I don’t trust JLC at all about anything.

But… I’m not seeing anything so far that contradicts his assertions - even though they are probably not actually founded in info from real sources.

(09-13-2021, 04:31 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I don’t trust JLC at all about anything.

But… I’m not seeing anything so far that contradicts his assertions - even though they are probably not actually founded in info from real sources.

This is where I am at as well.

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2021, 05:13 PM by Jags.)

(09-13-2021, 03:17 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(09-13-2021, 01:02 PM)Doc Holliday904 Wrote: La canfora also reported that Coughlin was gonna come down from the office and start coaching

At one point, didn't he have us among the teams moving to Los Angeles?

That would’ve been funny.  The Jaguars aren’t good enough for the “El Aaaaa” snobs. They’d Jared Scoff at their mere presence.

(09-13-2021, 03:27 PM)Jag88 Wrote: The previous coaches, like marrone and many others were ultra bad compared to the top coaches around the league however They all got years and plenty extra chances. This is just game 1. It's not college where one loss is the end of the world. This is a process. It's a long season. How many wins do you expect? I have hope that we win more than people think we will, but it's not time to talk trash after one game and judge so harshly. Dont be so quick
I think I know what you’re saying.  You’re saying “It’s a long way to the top, if you wanna Super Bowl”.  

I think in that case, if we’re working our way up to the summit of greatness, we’re still looking for the right shoes and wondering if we need those goggles that protect against wind and sun.

Hmmm, rookie QB, rookie Head Coach, entirely new coaching staff, new GM - coming off a 1-15 season.  Did anyone really expect that the Jaguars were going to be some juggernaut this year?  Of course not. Most people were expecting 4-6 wins this season at best.  The entire roster was devoid of talent and you can't fix a dumpster fire like this in one offseason.  

Come on, give it some time before everyone panics.  They go 0-16 and Trevor regresses from this game - then you start panicking.

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2021, 06:29 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-13-2021, 06:24 PM)navyjagfan Wrote: Hmmm, rookie QB, rookie Head Coach, entirely new coaching staff, new GM - coming off a 1-15 season.  Did anyone really expect that the Jaguars were going to be some juggernaut this year?  Of course not. Most people were expecting 4-6 wins this season at best.  The entire roster was devoid of talent and you can't fix a dumpster fire like this in one offseason.  

Come on, give it some time before everyone panics.  They go 0-16 and Trevor regresses from this game - then you start panicking.
I didn’t expect anything but to be competitive.  When you keep the online and OL coach with drafting Lawrence, I equate that to buying a Ferrari and keep the brakes and suspension from your old beater. You’ve got the engine, but it’ll wreck. You can’t take the curves like you thought.   And… it did.not to mention the multiple other mistakes and mishaps.

(09-13-2021, 06:24 PM)navyjagfan Wrote: Hmmm, rookie QB, rookie Head Coach, entirely new coaching staff, new GM - coming off a 1-15 season.  Did anyone really expect that the Jaguars were going to be some juggernaut this year?  Of course not. Most people were expecting 4-6 wins this season at best.  The entire roster was devoid of talent and you can't fix a dumpster fire like this in one offseason.  

Bro we got BLOWN OUT by the consensus worst team in the NFL.  Guess what that makes us now?

Urban is in just as over his head as I thought.  He has no clue what he's doing.

This should have been a good game for the Jags, and instead we ended up [BLEEP] the bed.  The game plan was awful.  The team looked flat and unprepared.  Multiple times, the defense wasn't even set when the ball was snapped.  Trevor throws an INT because he's trying to play hero ball and then you send him out to just sling it around some more with no help from the running game.

It's a bad look.  This was a terrible hire from the get go.

I don't know how many players have begun questioning Meyer or outright distrusting his leadership, but Shaq Q. seemed pretty displeased with him on Sunday, LOL

[Image: MEYER-QUARTMN.png]

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2021, 08:15 PM by Flagler Jagsfan. Edited 2 times in total.)

(09-13-2021, 08:00 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I don't know how many players have begun questioning Meyer or outright distrusting his leadership, but Shaq Q. seemed pretty displeased with him on Sunday, LOL

Hilarious!  I want to make that my sig!

I like the look.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Definite Altuve glaring at Trump during the WH visit vibes.

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2021, 08:34 PM by Flagler Jagsfan. Edited 1 time in total.)

https://twitter.com/RedditCFB/status/143...47264?s=19

Anyone see this? Can't tell if this is a joke or not. OP has 217k followers.