Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Urban or Bevell
Urbz
Bev
[Show Results]

Was it Urban or Bevell?

(09-13-2021, 04:14 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(09-13-2021, 04:09 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I would 

I’ve been talking about (concerned about) this staff not seeing the value they have in Robinson since they drafted a back early. 

Getting single digit touches to #25 is an egregious error. Baffling mismanagement of talent available.

I'm not privy to what feedback a HC is subjected to, but I wonder if Meyer will be getting an earful concerning his neglect of one of our offense's brightest stars? Were I Shad Khan, I would have been up his [BLEEP] about it as soon as the final whistle blew. Unfortunately that's not Khan's style. At least I don't get that impression.
Shad was eating alone in the box.  Had the look of “I am a successful man in everything I do, except this” look. 

I wasn’t a fan of the Urban hire, yet I wasn’t 100% against it. You’d think a billionaire would know how to hire a guy. With a decent GM and decent coach, I see a totally different off-season.   Man, can we get Caldwell back just for drafts and doing contracts and trades?? Baalke needs not be in the building.  But I suppose UM needs some help in that.  He just seems in over his head.  Complete lack of preparedness for game 1.  Didn’t even look competitive. It’s like he created a college team because that’s what he knows.  Blame goes from top down.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2021, 05:28 PM by JagsFanSince95.)

Its been well documented Urbs isn't an X's and O's guy, so Bevell.

(09-13-2021, 03:46 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: I'd blame Bevell.  Or maybe Meyer if this was the actual game plan. 

But if you look at the play by play, there are so many 1st and 10s, followed by 1st and 20 or 1st and 15.  And we always threw on first and long after a penalty.  1st and 10 we might have a running play, and get a penalty, then we have 1st and long, and we throw the ball.  Should we run on 1st and 20?  I'd say yes. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/playbyplay/_/gameId/401326310

The fact that on our very first Offensive play, we get an Illegal Formation penalty with 14:11 left in the 1st quarter. They then immediately call a timeout with 14:06 left in the 1st quarter. Like what??? Really.. You wanna talk about embarrassing and pathetic. You know this team isn't prepared at all when they can't even line up correctly on the first play and then have to burn a timeout not even 1 minute into the game.

(09-13-2021, 03:35 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Both

If Bevell isn’t getting it done HC must intervene

This

(09-13-2021, 05:27 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: Its been well documented Urbs isn't an X's and O's guy, so Bevell.

It really leaves one to wonder what in the world he was hired for.

(09-13-2021, 05:27 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: Its been well documented Urbs isn't an X's and O's guy, so Bevell.

Is that for real? I did not know that. Why hire the guy then I am confused.
No Fun

(09-13-2021, 08:58 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:

These people believe they are the smartest people in the room and want to blaze a new path forward where they are so smart. 

There isn't a problem with this because new ways have really transformed the NFL over the years but...
These plans are all failure

The off-season looks like a disaster and trouble is looming over the free agent picks, draft picks and lack of planning. 

Bullseye posted in another thread, you have to work the waiver wire when you are in the driver seat. Too much smarter than everyone else steps.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(09-13-2021, 08:58 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:

Him and Khan are good buddies, it was obvious it was a "buddy" hire from the start.

Khan always have an I don’t care look. Atleast Jerry Jones cares. I blame Bevell.

(09-13-2021, 02:32 PM)Kane Wrote:
(09-13-2021, 02:30 PM)mikesez Wrote: Who should we blame for the huge imbalance between pass and run?

Well based on Bevells previous stops I'd say him. Detroit and Seattle relied on their QB throwing too much.

That being said we had like 3 really good runs early negated by damn penalties which could have changed the direction of play calling.

But I agree. Way too unbalanced early.

Schottenheimer is the coach who was fired for passing too much, not Bevell.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(09-13-2021, 11:51 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(09-13-2021, 02:32 PM)Kane Wrote: Well based on Bevells previous stops I'd say him. Detroit and Seattle relied on their QB throwing too much.

That being said we had like 3 really good runs early negated by damn penalties which could have changed the direction of play calling.

But I agree. Way too unbalanced early.

Schottenheimer is the coach who was fired for passing too much, not Bevell.
Bevell was also. He has a habit of starting well and then abandoning whatever was working.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

(09-14-2021, 02:36 PM)Upper Wrote: https://twitter.com/adamlevitan/status/1...9614785536

Someone show this to Meyer to explain that Joe Burrow didn't have to throw the ball a billon times in a game to win.

(09-14-2021, 02:36 PM)Upper Wrote: https://twitter.com/adamlevitan/status/1...9614785536

What that says is that based on down, distance, score, etc, we didn't pass that much more than the guys who made the chart would expect.  I guess they would assume that on 1st and 20, or if we were behind by 14 points, we would be expected to pass the ball and not run it.  What they are saying is that our run/pass ratio was not as far out of whack as we think. 

Not sure I agree, but that's what they are saying.

(09-14-2021, 03:54 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:

What that says is that based on down, distance, score, etc, we didn't pass that much more than the guys who made the chart would expect.  I guess they would assume that on 1st and 20, or if we were behind by 14 points, we would be expected to pass the ball and not run it.  What they are saying is that our run/pass ratio was not as far out of whack as we think. 

Not sure I agree, but that's what they are saying.

The whole thing is subjective to "someone's"  feelings on what should be expected. Whether it uses situational data or not, it's basically horse dung from the get.

(09-14-2021, 03:24 PM)Dimson Wrote: https://twitter.com/djDELFONIK/status/14...u5q_w&s=19

That was good.

I blame the fact we had a ton of penalties on 4th down and got behind right away. Hard to call a lot of run plays when it’s first and 20 all first half. I need to rewatch and focus on box defenders to get a better evaluation. But I don’t really care who is to blame, in an ideal world I’d like to see more balance, but sometimes:es game situations dictate otherwise.
[img]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/1a8a2498-9833-4b7d-8cc7-5e45aa36d9f6[/img][img=648x560]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/cfd7a344-8206-4fed-a4c4-6536e150b1a7[/img]

It starts at the top.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(09-14-2021, 02:51 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:

Someone show this to Meyer to explain that Joe Burrow didn't have to throw the ball a billon times in a game to win.

But we need to keep in mind, the Bengals never trailed in that game.  That makes it a lot easier to stick to the run.