Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
OK, this amounts to Treason.........

Report: Gen. Milley held top-secret meeting to block Trump’s nuke access; told staff to disobey all but his orders

In the days following the storming of the U.S. Capitol on January 6, Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Mark Milley held a top-secret meeting with senior military officials to take action against then Commander-in-chief Donald Trump, blocking the president from potentially launching nuclear weapons and ordering staff to ignore all orders except Milley’s, a new book entitled “Peril” by journalists Bob Woodward and Robert Costa revealed, as reported by CNN on Tuesday.

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2021/09...hDKH6YRFug
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Make an example out of this wimp.

Dems won't do it. I pretty much roll my eyes at most treason talk, but this fits the bill. This dude would be on trial tomorrow if I could.

(09-14-2021, 08:38 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Dems won't do it. I pretty much roll my eyes at most treason talk, but this fits the bill. This dude would be on trial tomorrow if I could.

Is there even such thing as treason anymore? This is pretty much the definition. This government needs a gigantic enema.

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2021, 08:57 PM by mikesez. Edited 1 time in total.)

You guys are remarkable for how you miss the point of every story.

When I come on here trying to tell you that stuff like this happened on and around January 6th, you laugh at me and tell me it's fake news. Now you're forced to finally admit it happened, but you won't confront what that means.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

"Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort."

Having a secret meeting about the chain of command is not treason.
In fact, even violating the Constitution is not treason. The definition is extremely specific.

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2021, 09:34 PM by StroudCrowd1. Edited 1 time in total.)

Mike would find a way to make Jeffrey Dahmer seem like a good person.

At least he learned about line breaks between paragraphs. We may have turned a corner.

The general calling China to warn them of a potential eminent attack is literally aiding your enemy. But, I guess you don't think China is our enemy. Their just our buddy ole' pals that have nothing but great intentions, right? Look, if the dude just had it in his mind that he would deny Trump's request to attack a foreign nation, that's one thing. Generals pledge an oath to the Constitution, not the President. I wouldn't think that was treasonous. However, him calling our adversary, and telling them he would warn them of an attack is exactly treason.

Telling his generals he thought the president was unhinged and asking them not to do what the President requests... not treason. Calling the head of the enemies army to tell him he's on their side... treason. See how that works? Doesn't matter. He's safe. You won't question the narrative. All is well.

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2021, 09:59 PM by mikesez.)

(09-14-2021, 09:37 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: The general calling China to warn them of a potential eminent attack is literally aiding your enemy. But, I guess you don't think China is our enemy. Their just our buddy ole' pals that have nothing but great intentions, right? Look, if the dude just had it in his mind that he would deny Trump's request to attack a foreign nation, that's one thing. Generals pledge an oath to the Constitution, not the President. I wouldn't think that was treasonous. However, him calling our adversary, and telling them he would warn them of an attack is exactly treason.

Telling his generals he thought the president was unhinged and asking them not to do what the President requests... not treason. Calling the head of the enemies army to tell him he's on their side... treason. See how that works? Doesn't matter. He's safe. You won't question the narrative. All is well.

Promising to call if an attack was imminent is negotiation.  Setting up a red phone.  A hotline, if you will.  It's a de-escalation.  Our government has, for decades, been very careful to call China an adversary, not an enemy.  We are not at war with them.  If we were at war (declared or not) my answer would be different.

(09-14-2021, 09:34 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Mike would find a way to make Jeffrey Dahmer seem like a good person.

At least he learned about line breaks between paragraphs.  We may have turned a corner.

Did you just compare the sitting chairman of the joint chiefs of staff to Jeffrey Dahmer?

I just rolled my eyes so hard, I'm going to have to go to the doctor.

(09-14-2021, 10:00 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: I just rolled my eyes so hard, I'm going to have to go to the doctor.

"I rolled my eyes so far back I could see my brain." 

A line out of a book I read last year. I got a good laugh out of it.

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2021, 10:07 PM by mikesez. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-14-2021, 10:00 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: I just rolled my eyes so hard, I'm going to have to go to the doctor.

Calls of that nature took place multiple times between the US and the USSR, and many of us would never have been born if those calls had not taken place.
And go ahead and roll your eyes. You might roll them hard enough to see something other than your own colon.

(09-14-2021, 09:19 PM)mikesez Wrote: "Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort."

In fact, even violating the Constitution is not treason. The definition is extremely specific.

Doesn't exactly describe the events at the Capitol either, though for months you've insisted that was treason.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(09-14-2021, 10:06 PM)mikesez Wrote:

Calls of that nature took place multiple times between the US and the USSR, and many of us would never have been born if those calls had not taken place.
And go ahead and roll your eyes.  You might roll them hard enough to see something other than your own colon.

At the behest of the President. You are taking the 2 biggest players who were in a proxy war for decades and comparing it to a general that was on the phone with China about an order that never even came through. Your absurdity knows no bounds.

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2021, 11:20 PM by mikesez.)

(09-14-2021, 10:08 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(09-14-2021, 09:19 PM)mikesez Wrote: "Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort."

Doesn't exactly describe the events at the Capitol either, though for months you've insisted that was treason.

No, I called it an insurrection.

(09-14-2021, 10:31 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(09-14-2021, 10:06 PM)mikesez Wrote: Calls of that nature took place multiple times between the US and the USSR, and many of us would never have been born if those calls had not taken place.
And go ahead and roll your eyes.  You might roll them hard enough to see something other than your own colon.

At the behest of the President. You are taking the 2 biggest players who were in a proxy war for decades and comparing it to a general that was on the phone with China about an order that never even came through. Your absurdity knows no bounds.

The order to nuke Moscow never came through either, sphincter sniffer.

Military can and should do it but we will see. Something must have happened for them to turn on him. I guess he will be blamed for everything to try and get Biden a pass.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

(This post was last modified: 09-15-2021, 05:53 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 2 times in total.)

The report I saw said that the United States learned that China thought Trump was about to order an attack on China.  Milley called his Chinese counterpart and told him we were not about to attack China.  Milley was trying to calm them down and prevent a very dangerous situation. 

Now, if Milley intervened in the chain of command in order to prevent Trump launching a nuclear strike in the waning day of his Presidency, that may or may not be treason, but I think that was the responsible thing to do.  If I really thought the President was not mentally stable, and could possibly launch a nuclear strike, I think if I were a brave enough, I would commit treason at that point.  

Absolute adherence to the chain of command was an excuse German generals used in the Nuremberg trials to justify committing genocide.  "I was only following orders."

If what is being reported is true, this general needs to be court martialed and tried for treason.  Period.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(09-15-2021, 05:51 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: The report I saw said that the United States learned that China thought Trump was about to order an attack on China.  Milley called his Chinese counterpart and told him we were not about to attack China.  Milley was trying to calm them down and prevent a very dangerous situation. 

Now, if Milley intervened in the chain of command in order to prevent Trump launching a nuclear strike in the waning day of his Presidency, that may or may not be treason, but I think that was the responsible thing to do.  If I really thought the President was not mentally stable, and could possibly launch a nuclear strike, I think if I were a brave enough, I would commit treason at that point.  

Absolute adherence to the chain of command was an excuse German generals used in the Nuremberg trials to justify committing genocide.  "I was only following orders."

The people who thought Trump wasn't mentally stable were the ones who are actually mentally unstable. 

Foreign policy was the greatest strength of the many strengths he had. Everybody knows it, few can admit it.

I don’t know anything about military chain of command, but as a civilian in the outside, generals calling foreign nationals and claiming advanced warning on military actions seems treasonous to me.

Or is it now acceptable anytime some general disagrees with a President to work to undermine his or her authority with foreign nations. Screw it won’t matter for long the house of cards is coming down soon enough.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]