Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
TWITAFCS - Week 2

Not trying to steal Bullseye's throne, but wanted to set a spot for our week two predictions. It's early in the year, and the challenge is always to know whether that first game was a portent of things to come or an uncharacteristic fluke, be it a win or a loss. The AFCS has a few stout opponents this week, which will probably lead to similar picks across the board. Who's willing to predict an upset and pull ahead in the rankings?

For the record, 2-1 last week, and I think it was the most disappointing winning weekend I've experienced while participating in TWITAFCS.

This week's games:

Broncos @ Jags: The Broncs spent Sunday beating up on the Giants, who had both a star player returning from a major injury and a short week to look forward to. I can't say they are a juggernaut, but also not a team to be taken lightly. I don't think we need to revisit the Jags' Sunday, but suffice to say a lot of eyes will be on them to see if their performance in Houston was the start of a trend, or more a case of jitters. Broncos 26 Jags 17 - The Jags must rely more on their run game if they hope to keep the Bronco pass rush at bay. Lawrence is still gaining valuable experience. The game proves to be closer than the Houston game, but still the home team comes up a little short.

tinhorns @ Browns: The Jags made all the headlines with their coaching hire this offseason, and nearly everyone snickered when the tinhorns appeared to settle on a lifelong assistant. On Sunday, I kinda wondered how things might be had we swapped coaches for the past 6 months. I hope Houston fans enjoyed last Sunday, things won't be nearly as easy this weekend. The Browns are a solid roster with great coaching and should be a favorite to play deep into the postseason. CLE 31 hou 20

Rams @ horseshoes: Oh boy, a new Hard Knocks involving a team I absolutely don't care to pay any attention to. Hooray yous guys, something to celebrate. Stafford looks at home in his new digs, and should keep that run going this weekend. LAR 28 ind 17

tacks @ Seahawks: AZ surprised many with a thorough wiping of the floor with Vrabel's squad. While certainly unexpected, Seattle may not be the easiest team to face if trying to dispel the questions that arose in week 1. I'm not 100% sold on Seattle, either, but they have enough to give Nashville fans another weekend of heartburn. SEA 37 tacks 24

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

2-1 last week

Brownies
Tacks
Rams
Jags (yes, I said it)
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(09-17-2021, 09:05 AM)RicoTx Wrote: 2-1 last week

Brownies
Tacks
Rams
Jags (yes, I said it)

hope you are correct but I fear the dang Tacks gonna pull one out and we look better but still lose

1-2 last week

Browns over Texans
Rams over Colts
Broncos over Jaguars
Seahawks over Titans
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

broncos
browns
rams
sea chicken

1-2 prior

Oh man, I did not expect the jaguars to [BLEEP] the bed as badly as they did last week. 1-2 last week, was happy to see that I was wrong about the titans, [BLEEP] them.

I'll take the afcs to take the L this week, though if the Jaguars run the ball and the Broncos aren't used to the heat and humidity we have a chance to make a game of it.

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2021, 07:58 PM by snowwolf776. Edited 1 time in total.)

0-3 last week.  

Broncos

Seahawks

Rams

Browns

3-1 this week. moves me to   3-4 overall. its started now. tittians will win next 8 to 10 games while jags keep loseing.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

2-1 last week.

Broncos
Seahawks
Rams
Browns

I predict everyone in the division loses this week, including us.

(09-17-2021, 08:58 AM)Mikey Wrote: Not trying to steal Bullseye's throne, but wanted to set a spot for our week two predictions. It's early in the year, and the challenge is always to know whether that first game was a portent of things to come or an uncharacteristic fluke, be it a win or a loss. The AFCS has a few stout opponents this week, which will probably lead to similar picks across the board. Who's willing to predict an upset and pull ahead in the rankings?

For the record, 2-1 last week, and I think it was the most disappointing winning weekend I've experienced while participating in TWITAFCS.

This week's games:

Broncos @ Jags: The Broncs spent Sunday beating up on the Giants, who had both a star player returning from a major injury and a short week to look forward to. I can't say they are a juggernaut, but also not a team to be taken lightly. I don't think we need to revisit the Jags' Sunday, but suffice to say a lot of eyes will be on them to see if their performance in Houston was the start of a trend, or more a case of jitters. Broncos 26 Jags 17 - The Jags must rely more on their run game if they hope to keep the Bronco pass rush at bay. Lawrence is still gaining valuable experience. The game proves to be closer than the Houston game, but still the home team comes up a little short.

tinhorns @ Browns: The Jags made all the headlines with their coaching hire this offseason, and nearly everyone snickered when the tinhorns appeared to settle on a lifelong assistant. On Sunday, I kinda wondered how things might be had we swapped coaches for the past 6 months. I hope Houston fans enjoyed last Sunday, things won't be nearly as easy this weekend. The Browns are a solid roster with great coaching and should be a favorite to play deep into the postseason. CLE 31 hou 20

Rams @ horseshoes: Oh boy, a new Hard Knocks involving a team I absolutely don't care to pay any attention to. Hooray yous guys, something to celebrate. Stafford looks at home in his new digs, and should keep that run going this weekend. LAR 28 ind 17

tacks @ Seahawks: AZ surprised many with a thorough wiping of the floor with Vrabel's squad. While certainly unexpected, Seattle may not be the easiest team to face if trying to dispel the questions that arose in week 1. I'm not 100% sold on Seattle, either, but they have enough to give Nashville fans another weekend of heartburn. SEA 37 tacks 24
No thunder to steal.

This has been a trying and stressful week on too many levels to delineate.  I tried posting a couple of days ago, and after all my efforts I got an error message and it never posted.  I just gave up.  Thanks for taking up the slack.

I'll take Denver, Seattle Rams and Browns.  The division will be a collective 1-7 after this week.  Sad on many levels.

Last week:  1-2
Overall:1-2

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(09-18-2021, 10:29 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(09-17-2021, 08:58 AM)Mikey Wrote: Not trying to steal Bullseye's throne, but wanted to set a spot for our week two predictions. It's early in the year, and the challenge is always to know whether that first game was a portent of things to come or an uncharacteristic fluke, be it a win or a loss. The AFCS has a few stout opponents this week, which will probably lead to similar picks across the board. Who's willing to predict an upset and pull ahead in the rankings?

This week's games:

No thunder to steal.

This has been a trying and stressful week on too many levels to delineate.  I tried posting a couple of days ago, and after all my efforts I got an error message and it never posted.  I just gave up.  Thanks for taking up the slack.

I'll take Denver, Seattle Rams and Browns.  The division will be a collective 1-7 after this week.  Sad on many levels.

Last week:  1-2
Overall:1-2

That would be sad. If this happens, I wonder how many people would guess that Houston would lead the division after week 2?

2-1

Browns
Rams
Hawks
Broncos

Tennessee and Indy looked bad, this division might regress this year.

Broncos
Browns
Rams
Seahawks

0-3 last week
0-3 overall
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

Broncos
Browns

Rams
Seahawks

0-3 last week
0-3 overall
"So you're saying there's a chance!".   - Lloyd Christmas

I have heard from NFLN that T Eric Fisher could get the start today for Indy. However, RT Braden Smith will miss the game.

Indy's OL still a big question for this game.

(09-19-2021, 10:59 AM)Bullseye Wrote: I have heard from NFLN that T Eric Fisher could get the start today for Indy.  However, RT Braden Smith will miss the game.

So much talent there, but they just can't get everyone healthy at the same time.

Denver
Cleveland
LA Rams
Seattle

Afc south is pretty bad this year.

(09-19-2021, 05:52 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Afc south is pretty bad this year.

Yep.

(09-19-2021, 12:37 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-19-2021, 10:59 AM)Bullseye Wrote: I have heard from NFLN that T Eric Fisher could get the start today for Indy.  However, RT Braden Smith will miss the game.

So much talent there, but they just can't get everyone healthy at the same time.

Even with that, they still managed to score...what..24 on the Rams?

That's impressive.

Wentz was hurt though.