Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Stats/PFF grades/ETC (merged)

(This post was last modified: 10-18-2021, 03:39 PM by jaguarmvp. Edited 7 times in total.)

Up to week 6 updated:

[Image: 76v6o25w09u71.png]
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

No surprises on the defensive side at least. Pretty bad overall and not just one particular safety...

(09-17-2021, 09:12 PM)CanDoBetter Wrote: No surprises on the defensive side at least. Pretty bad overall and not just one particular safety...

Better then I expected.

Marvin Jones being that low is my only surprise, I thought he was pretty good.

(09-18-2021, 10:34 AM)Upper Wrote: Marvin Jones being that low is my only surprise, I thought he was pretty good.

Jones is playing injured, you can tell that shoulder is still bothering him. He got up hanging that arm multiple times on Sunday. He'll likely be fighting through it all season long.

AJ Cann Sad

(09-18-2021, 03:39 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(09-18-2021, 10:34 AM)Upper Wrote: Marvin Jones being that low is my only surprise, I thought he was pretty good.

Jones is playing injured, you can tell that shoulder is still bothering him. He got up hanging that arm multiple times on Sunday. He'll likely be fighting through it all season long.

Wouldn't be shocked if he has a labrum tear. Guys play through that kind of injury on a regular basis, very painful, though, could affect his ability to reach for passes.

(09-18-2021, 08:15 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(09-18-2021, 03:39 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Jones is playing injured, you can tell that shoulder is still bothering him. He got up hanging that arm multiple times on Sunday. He'll likely be fighting through it all season long.

Wouldn't be shocked if he has a labrum tear. Guys play through that kind of injury on a regular basis, very painful, though, could affect his ability to reach for passes.

Urban called it an AC Joint sprain back when he hurt it during the preseason. Whether that's exactly what it is or not, we probably wont know unless he goes on IR and/or gets surgery at the end of the year.

Regardless, he's definitely battling through whatever it may be and you can see it from time to time.

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2021, 08:36 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 2 times in total.)

How the heck does PFF manage to watch every player, for every play, for every game, and then issue "grades," when they don't know what play was called, or what the player's responsibility was on that particular play? 

There are about 150 plays per game, times 22 players, times 16 games.  That means they have to "grade" 52,800 individual plays per week.  That's without knowing what play was called, or what the each player's responsibility was, on any particular play.  

I call BS on the whole enterprise.

(09-19-2021, 08:32 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: How the heck does PFF manage to watch every player, for every play, for every game, and then issue "grades," when they don't know what play was called, or what the player's responsibility was on that particular play? 

There are about 150 plays per game, times 22 players, times 16 games.  That means they have to "grade" 52,800 individual plays per week.  That's without knowing what play was called, or what the each player's responsibility was, on any particular play.  

There it is.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(09-19-2021, 10:57 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(09-19-2021, 08:32 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: How the heck does PFF manage to watch every player, for every play, for every game, and then issue "grades," when they don't know what play was called, or what the player's responsibility was on that particular play? 

There it is.

I disagree.  Yes they are wrong sometimes but most of the time they are spot on.  9 out of 10 times when a player grades positive they played well and when a player plays bad they grade poorly.  It's not perfect but much better than anything else out there.

It only gets better for Wingard. 8 tackles. That impressive stop on the run for no gain against Gordon in the 2nd quarter. And that sack. Wooo boy! That sack for a 1 yard loss. You can't grow talent like this. And his grade from PFF has to at least jump up 3 points.

(09-19-2021, 07:07 PM)Jagulars Wrote: It only gets better for Wingard. 8 tackles. That impressive stop on the run for no gain against Gordon in the 2nd quarter. And that sack. Wooo boy! That sack for a 1 yard loss. You can't grow talent like this. And his grade from PFF has to at least jump up 3 points.

It seems like you are trying to be sarcastic, but I was in the stands, and I noticed Wingard made a lot of good plays.

Maybe they have 52,800 PT employees, each assigned one player.  And, they don’t have to pay for insurance; brilliant.

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2021, 11:08 AM by Mikey.)

(09-17-2021, 09:07 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Got this from Reddit.  Red/orange means bad, yellow means average/below  Green means good

...not gonna trust any graphic that has Chiasson at DT and doesn't even list Hamilton.

I give this chart an orange.

(09-18-2021, 06:28 PM)High Octane Wrote: AJ Cann Sad

...didn't he leave the game with an injury? At some point I heard Bartch was playing in his spot. Same for Oshag, outside of that first catch, I don't know that I saw him much for the rest of the game.

(09-20-2021, 11:06 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(09-17-2021, 09:07 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Got this from Reddit.  Red/orange means bad, yellow means average/below  Green means good

...not gonna trust any graphic that has Chiasson at DT and doesn't even list Hamilton.

I give this chart an orange.

(09-18-2021, 06:28 PM)High Octane Wrote: AJ Cann Sad

...didn't he leave the game with an injury? At some point I heard Bartch was playing in his spot. Same for Oshag, outside of that first catch, I don't know that I saw him much for the rest of the game.

These grades were against Houston

Here is the updated list:

[Image: 6k8ghb4qooo71.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2021, 02:08 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(09-20-2021, 01:56 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Here is the updated list:

[Image: 6k8ghb4qooo71.jpg]
Nice, can you update this every week please? Cool to look at and see their progression or regression from week to week,. Thanks

They have Wingard as our highest rated defender.

It's the same grades

Quote:According to Pro Football Focus, the highest-graded Jags players in Week 2 were defensive end Dawuane Smoot (79.0), defensive tackle DaVon Hamilton (75.4), safety Andrew Wingard (75.0), defensive end Adam Gotsis (70.0) and defensive lineman Taven Bryan (68.2).

Great to see Hamilton on the list. Need that to become consistent. 

Wingard was better than week one when he stunk it up, but he still looks lost to me any times. He had a TFL and played cleanup duty on a sack, so that's good I guess. The TFL was a bit of a gimme as he was on a delayed Saftey blitz and they ran the ball right at him. *shrug*
No idea how they arrived at that grade for him unless they weighted those plays heavily. 

Taven Bryan is the shocker here. Hope he can contribute in rotation moving forward.