Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Impressions From the Broncos Game

(09-19-2021, 08:55 PM)High Octane Wrote: My impressions after the game = looking at 2022 mock drafts.

It's going to be a long season. Might come down to Jags vs. Jets in week 16 for that first pick

That's fine, Kayvon Thibodeaux will look real good in teal and him and Josh Allen will be the bookend pass rushers this team needs so badly.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-19-2021, 09:08 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(09-19-2021, 08:55 PM)High Octane Wrote: My impressions after the game = looking at 2022 mock drafts.

It's going to be a long season. Might come down to Jags vs. Jets in week 16 for that first pick

That's fine, Kayvon Thibodeaux will look real good in teal and him and Josh Allen will be the bookend pass rushers this team needs so badly.

I'd love a top tier LT, but from what I'm reading, there doesn't seem to be a can't miss type so far.

(09-19-2021, 09:23 PM)High Octane Wrote:
(09-19-2021, 09:08 PM)Eric1 Wrote: That's fine, Kayvon Thibodeaux will look real good in teal and him and Josh Allen will be the bookend pass rushers this team needs so badly.

I'd love a top tier LT, but from what I'm reading, there doesn't seem to be a can't miss type so far.

Thibodeaux is a Clowney type prospect, huge potential.

There likely isn't any OT close to his potential in this draft. He should be a top 3 pick without a doubt.

Things seem bleaker. was hoping for more improvement then one scoring drive.

The cardinals are going to absolutely obliterate this team next week.

We're all wondering the same thing man..
https://twitter.com/DatDuvalDude/status/...6959063040

(09-19-2021, 09:40 PM)Eric1 Wrote: We're all wondering the same thing man..
https://twitter.com/DatDuvalDude/status/...6959063040

It’s completely bonkers. Every other team on earth would know to run with their good back to take pressure off the rookie.

I have to admit, I'm a little satisfied with myself for calling it today. It was a given our offense would be more balanced with the run, but I know Meyer so desperately wants Lawrence to light it up with his arm and it just ain't happening. I wonder how much longer they'll keep forcing passes instead of going to our meat and potatoes on the ground. Plus our roster is so bad that opposing teams adjust easily. One quarter of good play is all we're getting for now. 

*** Official Game Thread - Week 2 Broncos at Jags*** (duvalpride.com)

(09-19-2021, 09:48 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I have to admit, I'm a little satisfied with myself for calling it today. It was a given our offense would be more balanced with the run, but I know Meyer so desperately wants Lawrence to light it up with his arm and it just ain't happening. I wonder how much longer they'll keep forcing passes instead of going to our meat and potatoes on the ground. Plus our roster is so bad that opposing teams adjust easily. One quarter of good play is all we're getting for now. 

Anything would have looked balanced against the last week. 

Meyer looks like he read draft evaluations of Trevor and said “ok great hes completely ready and we can be a high flying offense”. 
A hidden side effect too is without any run game threat, play action is a paper tiger if it’s run at all.

(09-19-2021, 09:52 PM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(09-19-2021, 09:48 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I have to admit, I'm a little satisfied with myself for calling it today. It was a given our offense would be more balanced with the run, but I know Meyer so desperately wants Lawrence to light it up with his arm and it just ain't happening. I wonder how much longer they'll keep forcing passes instead of going to our meat and potatoes on the ground. Plus our roster is so bad that opposing teams adjust easily. One quarter of good play is all we're getting for now. 

Anything would have looked balanced against the last week. 

Meyer looks like he read draft evaluations of Trevor and said “ok great hes completely ready and we can be a high flying offense”. 
A hidden side effect too is without any run game threat, play action is a paper tiger if it’s run at all.

Which is a decree on Meyer's NFL inexperience. 

We got a whole lotta learnin' to do.

Don’t count on the defense for any turnovers.

(09-19-2021, 10:18 PM)Jags239 Wrote: Don’t count on the defense for any turnovers.

Or for anything really. They are good for about 1 punt a game.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2021, 06:04 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 3 times in total.)

From sitting in the stands, admittedly I do not have as good a view (or maybe a different view) as those of you who watched it at home. 

My overall impressions were these: 

1) We couldn't get enough pressure on the QB.  Bridgewater had way too much time back there. 
2) After the first drive, our offense looked way out of sync.  A lot of incomplete passes.  I didn't see open receivers, either. 
3) We didn't have the penalty problems, and not as many dropped passes, like we did against Houston.  So I guess that's progress. 
4) No CJ Henderson + No Tre Herndon + No pass rush = very big problem.

I hate to see a 102 yard kickoff return wasted in a game that is lost.  That's the kind of thing that should contribute to a win.

Zach Wilson threw 4 interceptions and got booed by his home crowd yesterday.  Just thought I'd throw that in.  Rookie QBs do tend to struggle.

I just realized, I have to go back down there and watch another one of these things next week.  Oh, God.  Well, let's get it over with.

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2021, 10:59 AM by Mikey.)

(09-19-2021, 06:00 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Me and my buddy all game were joking about Agnew, we'd just look at eachother and say "7 mil" everytime he fair caught a ball or did nothing. Went to take a poop and heard my friend freaking out, came back to see the replay of the return.. good to see.

Do us a favor and spend about 3 hrs on the terlet this Sunday. We need a win!!

(09-19-2021, 07:48 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-19-2021, 07:21 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Yup, I fully expect us to get a beat down next week and limp into Thursday Night vs the Bengals at a swift 0-3.
First win for Trevor on Thursday? That’s fine I guess.

Joey B will have a feast against our secondary. We'll need a repeat of Sacksonville to get that dub.

The best defence is the best offense

And our defence ain't that good atm

(This post was last modified: 09-22-2021, 03:06 AM by OzJohnnie.)

(09-21-2021, 05:16 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: https://twitter.com/JaguarReport/status/...50114?s=19

Quote:Things will eventually get better for Trevor Lawrence and the Jaguars' passing game, but the state of things right now is genuinely bad. Lawrence has the worst completion % in the NFL, one of the worst completion percentages over expectation rates, has thrown five turnovers, and is one of the NFL's leader in off-target throws per Pro Football Reference.

You want to see more running?  Then pray the passing game improves.  Because until the passing improves then there's no use in running.  The key to balance on this offense is not handing the Robinson the ball more often in what would be hopeless yardage situations.   The key to balance is the passing game improving to at least moderately acceptable so that running can be effective.  Passing is letting down the side so completely that running can't even have a chance.

(09-22-2021, 03:06 AM)OzJohnnie Wrote:
(09-21-2021, 05:16 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: https://twitter.com/JaguarReport/status/...50114?s=19

Quote:Things will eventually get better for Trevor Lawrence and the Jaguars' passing game, but the state of things right now is genuinely bad. Lawrence has the worst completion % in the NFL, one of the worst completion percentages over expectation rates, has thrown five turnovers, and is one of the NFL's leader in off-target throws per Pro Football Reference.

You want to see more running?  Then pray the passing game improves.  Because until the passing improves then there's no use in running.  The key to balance on this offense is not handing the Robinson the ball more often in what would be hopeless yardage situations.   The key to balance is the passing game improving to at least moderately acceptable so that running can be effective.  Passing is letting down the side so completely that running can't even have a chance.

Well at least we found out that Bevell uses an alias when he posts on the board.
You're doing great, coach. Just great. Keep it up.

(09-19-2021, 06:32 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Give Robinson the [BLEEP] ball.

Lambo looks like he's done. Missed two more today and is 0-3 on the season. He didn't look right in the preseason either as he was missing kicks in those games as well. That Hip injury looks to have taken it's toll.

After the first 10-15 scripted plays, this Offense doesn't look like it has a clue what it's doing as a whole. They definitely don't play with an identify even though they have a pretty obvious one in James Robinson. He needs to be the focal point going forward (should have been from the start).

Love that Lawrence is aggressive and takes shots, but there's a time and a place. I know he has to try and backpack this [BLEEP] show around, but he needs to play a little less hero ball.

Damien Wilson got benched for Shaq Quarterman.

Get Cisco on the field full time damn it.

Defense had their lapses at times, but they played well enough to win it. Still need to get much better and somebody not named Josh Allen needs to step up at rushing the passer.

How in the hell do you get a delay of game penalty on that onside kick attempt? Like how... Coaching/communication is still a major problem.

Again, Give James Robinson the [BLEEP] ball. This isn't rocket science. It will make life for the entire Offense so much easier and with a rookie QB, you'd think it'd be an easy no brainer decision for this coaching staff.. Especially when they preached running the football all off season.

Agree completely with wanting to give Robinson the ball more often and getting Cisco on the field as well.  And while I'd love for someone besides Josh Allen to step up and pressure the QB - can we NOT drop Allen into coverage on 3rd and 5+, at least until/unless we find someone else that actually can get some pressure on the QB?  I don't have the numbers, but it just seemed like more often than not on those 3rd and long passing situations, that our only (semi) consistent pass rusher was dropping into coverage.....I know we want to disguise where the rush is coming from, but if you disguise a pile of sh!t, it's still going to stink - much like our D-Line trying to get pressure without Allen.....

(09-22-2021, 03:06 AM)OzJohnnie Wrote:

You really have no clue how football works at its most basic level... That's not a question. It's a statement of fact. You're clueless.

Run the ball with Robinson until they PROVE they can stop it, then you hit them with play action hard. Then you run it down their throat again and again and again. Robinson isn't getting stopped. Urban Meyer or Moron Bevell is stopping him.

(09-22-2021, 11:28 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(09-22-2021, 03:06 AM)OzJohnnie Wrote: You want to see more running?  Then pray the passing game improves.  Because until the passing improves then there's no use in running.  The key to balance on this offense is not handing the Robinson the ball more often in what would be hopeless yardage situations.   The key to balance is the passing game improving to at least moderately acceptable so that running can be effective.  Passing is letting down the side so completely that running can't even have a chance.

You really have no clue how football works at its most basic level... That's not a question. It's a statement of fact. You're clueless.

Run the ball with Robinson until they PROVE they can stop it, then you hit them with play action hard. Then you run it down their throat again and again and again. Robinson isn't getting stopped. Urban Meyer or Moron Bevell is stopping him.

You're so clueless at weighing options that I'm certain my post will be completely lost on you.  Fact.

We know what the Jag's running game and a middling QB delivers.  1-15.  That exact same running game with a green and inexperienced QB?  Worse.  There is one way out of this mess and it's on TL's arm.

What all you armchair strategists fail to accept is that this team is utterly rock bottom and has no way of getting out painlessly.  TL must learn to play NFL level QB as fast as possible or fail and the Jags start again.  You're all talking about winning games.  One game or three, who cares?  This franchise has to turn around and there are about 10 guys on the list who will still be here when it does.  TL must learn to read NFL play and learn to make good decisions.  And he isn't going to do that with a run-first, pass-second offense.  Get the pain over with.  See if he can learn and find out where we are.