Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Impressions From the Broncos Game

(09-19-2021, 05:47 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(09-19-2021, 05:30 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Thanks as always Bullseye.

1- The Oline seemed to be better this week against a better standard of pass rush as last week. Still think our run blocking is a problem and second level blocks seem something we still cant do but Oline did ok today. Weirdly they seemed to struggle more when Chubb went down.

3- D still feels very much a work in progress. We have committed to the 5 man front and i see the LB's and DB's struggling whether to drop down or play deep but you hope this is something they will learn and improve. We gave up a couple of deep plays and that seemed to make them play off which gave Denver the easy completions. Just wish we would make catches more contested.

4- Yeah Shenault had a rough day and killed a few drives that let Denver get back into the game. I think this year is going to be a 'prove you deserve to be here next year'  for the WR's. Hopefully Shenault bounces back.

5- Yeah the O needs to find that balance. We move away from the run too quickly and i think we had something like 189yds of offense today. Wont win in the NFL like that.

6-Great point and i noticed that with Lambo. Usually a pumped up guy but looked so down today.

7A- Yeah Lawrence needs to work on finding the shorter routes and not going for the huge pass every snap but i find it encouraging seeing him try and put the team on his back and drag us back into a game. Its his 2nd game but he wants to be that guy and thats a good quality to have. He will learn from his mistakes.

I get people being disappointed and angry but it was a step forward. Not a big one but it was better. Still plenty to improve and work on and the schedule only gets harder from here. The goal this season was being better in week 18 than week 1 and we shall see if Meyer can do that.

1.  Not sure where I stand on the run blocking after two weeks.  Last week, we didn't run enough to really formulate an opinion, though I think those holding calls were bogus.  This week we showed more commitment to the run with some mixed results.  If you put a gun to my head, I'd say I'm reluctantly okay with it, but we could always stand to improve.  I wish Cam connected on that contain S on that Robinson run to the left.

4.  Coming off a 1-15 year, this is a prove you belong here year for a lot of players at a lot of positions.  I just wish we could just limit the drops.  I'd like to see where this offense would be after two weeks if we didn't have any drops.

7.  Agreed on those traits being admirable.  Experience will help him refine his decision making within that mindset.  With better personnel acquisitions, he'll have more reliable receivers both outside and at TE so that he won't have to play hero ball so often.

We are in complete agreement on your closing statement.

1- I get you. The running game not getting going isnt just down to the Oline. Not sure why Hyde is getting so many carries and think losing Etienne has been a problem they didnt have a plan B for. Again hopefully its one of those things that gets better as we go on but i hope they have some more faith in Robinson

4- Thats a good point. Plenty of players need to step it up this year and id like to think the FO will be aggressive in bringing guys in. Thats been one of the most disappointing things so far, we didnt get any of the breaks in the Houston game and today we did enough to beat ourselves. Im not expecting perfection but just playing a clean game and making the other team beat us.

7- Yeah he needs to find that balance and i think hes just going through that rookie learning curve right now. He definitely needs players to help him out and the drops really arent helping. You want your go to guys and no one is proving that they are that guy yet.

Messages In This Thread
Impressions From the Broncos Game - by Bullseye - 09-19-2021, 05:08 PM
RE: Impressions From the Broncos Game - by jaglyn - 09-19-2021, 05:10 PM
RE: Impressions From the Broncos Game - by Upper - 09-19-2021, 05:18 PM
RE: Impressions From the Broncos Game - by JagFan81 - 09-19-2021, 06:08 PM
RE: Impressions From the Broncos Game - by NH3 - 09-19-2021, 05:41 PM
RE: Impressions From the Broncos Game - by Ordar - 09-19-2021, 05:43 PM
RE: Impressions From the Broncos Game - by Mikey - 09-20-2021, 10:55 AM
RE: Impressions From the Broncos Game - by Jags - 09-19-2021, 06:13 PM
RE: Impressions From the Broncos Game - by Eric1 - 09-19-2021, 06:32 PM
RE: Impressions From the Broncos Game - by Eric1 - 09-19-2021, 06:55 PM
RE: Impressions From the Broncos Game - by surfon - 09-19-2021, 06:54 PM