Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Worried about the receiving core

I was confident in our WR squad coming into the season, but the last two games have not exactly given me much optimism. Between drops and a lack of separation, I’m starting to question if Chark or Shenault are our future at this vital position. I know it’s a rookie QB, but man these receivers have not helped Lawrence. Do you guys think we need to look to add a true number 1 next year? It’s early, but what are the odds that Chark rebounds and we resign him? Is Laviska more of a role player than someone who can truly develop into a game breaker?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2021, 11:29 AM by Jagwired. Edited 1 time in total.)

They definitely need to add a number one. Right now they're trotting out three's so at least they have that going for them.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

They suck literally no one in the wr core is worth building around
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

We have been chasing at the position since Jimmy and Keenan. This team has mostly succeeded at running back. The TE part of the receiving equation has been pathetic as well. It seems drafting Lawrence came as a surprise to the franchise and they started planning way too late.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Nah

You can always upgrade, but Chark is coming off the injury and they aren't running the ball to set up more play action.

Not to mention the high number of low % routes being run.

A healthy Chark and Shenault with more runs and high % routes and they'd look better IMO.
Add talent when you can - but these two games are more about gameplan, play calling and injury than they are some sign of a talent void at WR.

I mean, they were definitely overrated everyone was picking the high point from each player as their baseline when we were discussing them...but they should still be a serviceable group if used right.

I think more planks would help with the core.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Man in a fantasy world, we have the 2017 defense paired with TLaw on offense. In the real world we have another rebuild.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(09-20-2021, 11:41 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: Man in a fantasy world, we have the 2017 defense paired with TLaw on offense.  In the real world we have another rebuild.

Well with how Lawrence is currently playing we would have probably missed the playoffs in '17. In reality we should have taken Mahomes or Watson instead of that Garden Gnome Fournette... imagine

Shenault is not that guy. Neither is Chark

(09-20-2021, 12:39 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(09-20-2021, 11:41 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: Man in a fantasy world, we have the 2017 defense paired with TLaw on offense.  In the real world we have another rebuild.

Well with how Lawrence is currently playing we would have probably missed the playoffs in '17. In reality we should have taken Mahomes or Watson instead of that Garden Gnome Fournette... imagine
Oh the Jags would have ruined Mahomes for sure. Mahomes is the best QB in the league but he also has the luxury of one of the greatest offensive minds in NFL history. You give Trevor Andy Reid and it's a totally different ball game.

I don’t really like this offensive scheme. It doesn’t feel like we have the personnel for it. I just want to know what happened to their hands tbh. They can’t catch much of anything except for Jones.
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2021, 02:34 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

It's crazy the amount of great WRs we have passed up the last few years in the draft

(09-20-2021, 11:32 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: We have been chasing at the position since Jimmy and Keenan. This team has mostly succeeded at running back.  The TE part of the receiving equation has been pathetic as well.  It seems drafting Lawrence came as a surprise to the franchise and they started planning way too late.

So true.  Just to name a few .... 
Reggie Williams
Matt Jones
Justin Blackmon
Michael Sims-Walker
Allen Robinson -- oh wait, he's pretty good.
Mike Thomas
Dede Westbrook

I think the drops were bad in week one, but week two was more about the bad throws than guys dropping passes.

(09-20-2021, 02:39 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(09-20-2021, 11:32 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: We have been chasing at the position since Jimmy and Keenan. This team has mostly succeeded at running back.  The TE part of the receiving equation has been pathetic as well.  It seems drafting Lawrence came as a surprise to the franchise and they started planning way too late.

Reggie Williams
Matt Jones
Justin Blackmon
Michael Sims-Walker
Mike Thomas
Dede Westbrook

Albino tiger

(09-20-2021, 02:39 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

Reggie Williams
Matt Jones
Justin Blackmon
Michael Sims-Walker
Mike Thomas
Dede Westbrook
This one stings so bad.

He's a top 5 route runner in the league but has been plagued by bad QBs. He would help Trevor out so much by always being open.

Unless D.J. Chark improves dramatically this season, I'd expect him to not be re-signed. Someone else is always willing to over-pay in free agency. I'd love to see the Jaguars sign Godwin in free agency if the Bucs can't afford to pay him. He may not be a burner, but he is still young and a very solid receiver. If Tyron Johnson can develop this season, he would be the burner that would complement Godwin, Shenault and Jones.

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2021, 03:51 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-20-2021, 03:14 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: Unless D.J. Chark improves dramatically this season, I'd expect him to not be re-signed. Someone else is always willing to over-pay in free agency. I'd love to see the Jaguars sign Godwin in free agency if the Bucs can't afford to pay him. He may not be a burner, but he is still young and a very solid receiver. If Tyron Johnson can develop this season, he would be the burner that would complement Godwin, Shenault and Jones.

Agreed, hopefully we get one of Adams, Godwin, or Robinson if Chark can't pick his game up

(09-20-2021, 02:39 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I think the drops were bad in week one, but week two was more about the bad throws than guys dropping passes.

Agreed.  Trevor Lawrence has made some really good throws, but also some really bad ones.  I'm not as ready to "crown him" as some people are.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.