Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Worried about the receiving core

(09-20-2021, 12:43 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-20-2021, 12:39 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Well with how Lawrence is currently playing we would have probably missed the playoffs in '17. In reality we should have taken Mahomes or Watson instead of that Garden Gnome Fournette... imagine
Oh the Jags would have ruined Mahomes for sure. Mahomes is the best QB in the league but he also has the luxury of one of the greatest offensive minds in NFL history. You give Trevor Andy Reid and it's a totally different ball game.

Exactly. Mahomes is what he is because of Reid and surrounding him with talent like Hill and Kelce. 

Now if we could get Shanahan working with Lawrence...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Our receiving corps (not core)  isn't great, but it's far from the biggest hole on the team.  This roster was so devoid of talent that there was no way this was going to be fixed in one offseason.  This is a 3 year project.  

(09-20-2021, 10:40 PM)navyjagfan Wrote: Our receiving corps (not core)  isn't great, but it's far from the biggest hole on the team.  This roster was so devoid of talent that there was no way this was going to be fixed in one offseason.  This is a 3 year project.  

Our recievers are still alive, how could they be corpses?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I think we better start spending in free agency on some elite chips after this year. I’m hoping receiver won’t be such an expense, but it’s definitely looking like it. We are going to have a high draft pick, and I think an elite TE and WR for T-law will be priorities. However, there are so many holes to fill, it’s unlikely you can draft your way entirely out of our situation.

(09-20-2021, 11:26 AM)Newton Wrote: I was confident in our WR squad coming into the season, but the last two games have not exactly given me much optimism. Between drops and a lack of separation, I’m starting to question if Chark or Shenault are our future at this vital position. I know it’s a rookie QB, but man these receivers have not helped Lawrence. Do you guys think we need to look to add a true number 1 next year? It’s early, but what are the odds that Chark rebounds and we resign him? Is Laviska more of a role player than someone who can truly develop into a game breaker?

I ain't gonna dump on Chark, but he's going to have to step up his game if he expects to make #1 money in the offseason. I think Chark would flourish, though, if we had another top notch receiver to draw some of the coverage away from him.

Shenault is...Shenault. I have a feeling the Etienne pick made him redundant, and unless he  becomes a dominant possession-type guy, you can replace him with ease.

Receivers got to make some plays to help out the QB. I remember 2 or 3 of the deep passes from Sunday's game in the second half you would of liked to see a much better effort from the receiver, go get it. I think it was Jones on two of them, but it really looks like he is laboring out there with his shoulder injury. Couple passes he could of made a bigger effort for, just didn't. Viska had two big drive killers in the 1st half on 3rd down. Lambo ends up with misses on all those drives. You connect on those passes, continue the drives, we may of won the game. Broncos game was not as "bad" as I am seeing most say. Lawrence has a hell of an arm, risk taker and he is learning, but we need much better play out this group.

(This post was last modified: 09-22-2021, 01:38 PM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 8 times in total.)

Eye here ya, butt eye due knot no if its the fault of hour WR core or the refs. They seem two get fowled a lot and get know calls. It does knot make any scents. Are we aloud two win games? Its knot fare. Catch the dam bawl with you're bear hands is what eye always say. Lets beet the breaks off the Cards this weakend though. Eye mite dye if that happened. Eye no Trevor will eventually bee grate, butt eye due knot think we're their yet. Eye will bee hear all weak, folks. Eye will sea myself out. Hope eye due knot get band. Buy four now.

(09-20-2021, 11:26 AM)Newton Wrote: I was confident in our WR squad coming into the season, but the last two games have not exactly given me much optimism. Between drops and a lack of separation, I’m starting to question if Chark or Shenault are our future at this vital position. I know it’s a rookie QB, but man these receivers have not helped Lawrence. Do you guys think we need to look to add a true number 1 next year? It’s early, but what are the odds that Chark rebounds and we resign him? Is Laviska more of a role player than someone who can truly develop into a game breaker?

Did we not sign our #1 WR this past off season in Jones? Chark is an solid #2 while LS10 fits the slot to say the least. They simply hav'nt jelled within the first two games. I'm confident that it'll come. Hopefully sooner than Later.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(09-21-2021, 08:30 AM)Mikey Wrote:

I ain't gonna dump on Chark, but he's going to have to step up his game if he expects to make #1 money in the offseason. I think Chark would flourish, though, if we had another top notch receiver to draw some of the coverage away from him.

Shenault is...Shenault. I have a feeling the Etienne pick made him redundant, and unless he  becomes a dominant possession-type guy, you can replace him with ease.
That is what is so killer about his drops. He isn’t a speedster, so he is supposed to be the reliable safety valve who can then break tackles. So far he is dropping way too many critical passes to fulfill his role.

Upgrade the o-line and a lot of the issues get fixed. Yes, we've had some drops and the WRs aren't getting separation. I think a lot of it is due to our play calling. Trevor is a rookie, hes going to take some time to get adjusted to the league and its pace. Once he gets confident and a good feel for the game things will become a lot easier for him.

I think the biggest issue is the stupid penalties we keep acquiring. You eliminate some of them and we sit in a better situation where we can keep moving the ball. Momentum is huge in the game, we constantly kill it.
In Dougie I Trust!

I still think all of the low completion percentage pass being attempted and the lack of a run balance to run play action off of are bigger issues than this little slump Chark and Viska are plodding through.

(This post was last modified: 09-22-2021, 01:24 PM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 6 times in total.)

Hay, its me again. Eye knead too ad one more thing. Eye truly believe that hour receiving core has potential too bee vary good. Eye believe this with the corp of my being. Eye think the loss of Etienne was a bigger deal then we’re giving credit four regarding his expected contributions too the passing game. Hopefully, he can bee an acception too the rule regarding lisfranc recoveries. Wood that knot bee sum thing if he took the league buy storm next year? Eye think that wood bee a site too sea. Wood love too sea all the neigh sayers eat crow. Eye due think Trevor’s timing is off with the receivers write now, butt that should get better weak buy weak. Eye sea a lot of his passes being slightly behind the receivers. Any whey, looking foreword too the game.

(09-22-2021, 01:08 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Hay, it’s me again.  Eye knead too ad one more thing. Eye truly believe that hour receiving core has potential too bee vary good.  Eye believe this with the corp of my being.  Eye think the loss of Etienne was a bigger deal then we’re giving credit four regarding his expected contributions too the passing game.  Hopefully, he can bee an acception too the rule regarding lisfranc recoveries.  Wood that knot bee sum thing if he took the league buy storm next year?  Eye think that wood bee a site to sea.  Wood love too sea all the neigh sayers eat crow.  Eye due think Trevor’s timing is off with the receivers write now, but that should get better week buy week.  Eye sea a lot of his passes being slightly behind the receivers. Any whey, looking foreword too the game.

Looking forward to your hype video this week brother!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Wish we still had Camp and Johnson. I was a fan of both of them.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Don't you think a prerequisite for being an NFL caliber receiver should be at the very least, BEING ABLE TO CATCH THE DAMN BALL? If they can't catch, why are they in the NFL? I can find 20 guys on the street that can catch a damn ball EVERYTIME it hits their hands. If you are in the NFL as a kicker and your job is to KICK THE BALL BETWEEN THE UPRIGHTS, Then you better damn well do that or you have no business being on an NFL team. IF your job is to catch the ball when it HITS YOUR FREAKING HANDS, you better catch the damn ball, or you don't belong on an NFL team. This is not rocket science, they are getting paid a lot of money to SUCK right now and it makes no damn sense...
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

Remember when everyone was so excited about Urban Meyer transforming DJ Chark because of his nutritional crap.... remember when everyone said how he was going to light up the NFL?

Ahhhh, the blind faith people used to have in Urban now versus then is funny. But there were some that warned he was full of it.

(This post was last modified: 09-22-2021, 03:53 PM by Mikey.)

(09-22-2021, 02:49 PM)Ronster Wrote: Don't you think a prerequisite for being an NFL caliber receiver should be at the very least, BEING ABLE TO CATCH THE DAMN BALL? If they can't catch, why are they in the NFL? I can find 20 guys on the street that can catch a damn ball EVERYTIME it hits their hands. If you are in the NFL as a kicker and your job is to KICK THE BALL BETWEEN THE UPRIGHTS, Then you better damn well do that or you have no business being on an NFL team. IF your job is to catch the ball when it HITS YOUR FREAKING HANDS, you better catch the damn ball, or you don't belong on an NFL team. This is not rocket science, they are getting paid a lot of money to SUCK right now and it makes no damn sense...

Sounds like you are underemployed, you should be a scout or an agent at the very least if you have connections like that.

(09-22-2021, 02:54 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Remember when everyone was so excited about Urban Meyer transforming DJ Chark because of his nutritional crap.... remember when everyone said how he was going to light up the NFL?

Ahhhh, the blind faith people used to have in Urban now versus then is funny. But there were some that warned he was full of it.

@in related news, there is a spork shortage in Duval County.@

(09-22-2021, 02:54 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Remember when everyone was so excited about Urban Meyer transforming DJ Chark because of his nutritional crap.... remember when everyone said how he was going to light up the NFL?

I don't remember 1 person on here saying he was about to light up the nfl

(09-22-2021, 04:01 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

I don't remember 1 person on here saying he was about to light up the nfl

https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.ph...t=DJ+Chark

(09-22-2021, 02:49 PM)Ronster Wrote: Don't you think a prerequisite for being an NFL caliber receiver should be at the very least, BEING ABLE TO CATCH THE DAMN BALL? If they can't catch, why are they in the NFL? I can find 20 guys on the street that can catch a damn ball EVERYTIME it hits their hands. If you are in the NFL as a kicker and your job is to KICK THE BALL BETWEEN THE UPRIGHTS, Then you better damn well do that or you have no business being on an NFL team. IF your job is to catch the ball when it HITS YOUR FREAKING HANDS, you better catch the damn ball, or you don't belong on an NFL team. This is not rocket science, they are getting paid a lot of money to SUCK right now and it makes no damn sense...

Name the 20 on the street that can catch a ball every time it hits their hands.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]