Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
How many games does Meyer have to win to get a 2nd year?

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2021, 06:03 PM by JagFan81. Edited 1 time in total.)

Just seeing Pat McAfee and his crew chatting about us going 1-16 or 0-17 and saying it would be very tough to bring Meyer back for a 2nd season. Now im not saying thats going to be our record come December but it could be.

What would be your expectations for him to get a 2nd year? A certain amount of wins? A sign of improvement from this team? Give him a 2nd season as we need the continuity?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

2 or 3

What's interesting is that pro talking heads are even discussing him not getting a second year. I believe that's an indication that they see significant red flags beyond what we've all been talking about here, and that the Meyer Error is going to be short-lived.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We talking about Khan at Owner right? Dude will give Urban a legit decade at the HC before any consideration...

I still say the Jags will win 6 games and most of those will be in the second half of the season. Urban is back assuming he doesn't stress out.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(09-23-2021, 06:35 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: We talking about Khan at Owner right? Dude will give Urban a legit decade at the HC before any consideration...

Yep i mean if gus sprinkes bradley and baloney maroney got as long as they did, I have to believe Meyer will at least gef the standard 3 to 4 yrs.  If he wants it.

3 games.  This is a complete rebuild of a roster that was devoid of talent.

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2021, 07:07 PM by JagFan81.)

(09-23-2021, 06:26 PM)Kane Wrote: 2 or 3

(09-23-2021, 06:57 PM)navyjagfan Wrote: 3 games.  This is a complete rebuild of a roster that was devoid of talent.

I get where you guys are coming from and certainly don't disagree. 2-3 wins would technically be improvement from last year and should be better with another year of FA and draft additions. Its going to be a big year for the FO with the contracts that need dealing with at the end of the season or we could be looking at another year of a lot of turnover.

(09-23-2021, 06:35 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: We talking about Khan at Owner right? Dude will give Urban a legit decade at the HC before any consideration...

Thats a good point and i dont see anyone yet that Khan would get as replacement. Khan is very patient which is a good and bad thing and i do think he'd give Meyer a 2nd year regardless of our record unless he looks completely out of his depth.

Given Khan's track record I can't see Meyer being gone unless he just wants to be.

I really wish Khan had thought a bit harder about why college coaching success doesn't mean anything in the NFL before essentially deciding to waste Lawrence's most valuable seasons from a cost standpoint on a guy that doesn't know anything about succeeding in the NFL.

Every time I watch Lawrence play I feel thankful he's here. The guy will succeed, it's just a question of whether he can carry Meyer or if we'll waste a significant portion of his career before a real coach and GM come in.

Will Lawrence end up being Elway before Shanahan?

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2021, 07:40 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

Between khan’s patience and his deal (isn’t it 10 yrs for 100m? Or did I hear wrong?). I’d say he’s back.  And in that case, I’d like to see significant improvement throughout the year.  What he’s been giving  so far is less than desirable

(09-23-2021, 07:40 PM)Jags Wrote: Between khan’s patience and his deal (isn’t it 10 yrs for 100m? Or did I hear wrong?). I’d say he’s back.  And in that case, I’d like to see significant improvement throughout the year.  What he’s been giving  so far is less than desirable
Meyer has a big contract but the 10 for 100 is Gruden.

If the ticket sells remain solid, Khan would give him a century lol. The bigger question is will Meyer jump ship before the team becomes competitive.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Meyer looks like he is liking the nfl. The games go by faster. Everything is faster. No recruiting which takes a lot of time and energy. NFL is easier in many ways.
Expectations here are super low after many years of losing. He has time.

(09-23-2021, 08:04 PM)Jag88 Wrote: Meyer looks like he is liking the nfl. The games go by faster. Everything is faster. No recruiting which takes a lot of time and energy. NFL is easier in many ways.
Expectations here are super low after many years of losing. He has time.

That is true. The only Khan would consider firing him after 1 season would be if he clearly loses the locker room.

I really didn't get the hire and i wonder if Shad ever will know whats he's doing.
No Fun

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(09-23-2021, 08:58 PM)nhiverson Wrote: I really didn't get the hire and i wonder if Shad ever will know whats he's doing.

ditto,, Under Khan we have been far and away the worse team in the NFL.  2nd worse is not even close to our stinch.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Kounting Khan.

I think Meyer gets a pass this year.

(09-23-2021, 10:04 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Kounting Khan.

I think Meyer gets a pass this year.

Yes, he has a pass.  He will do fine this year, they will get better as the season progresses

(09-23-2021, 09:30 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(09-23-2021, 08:58 PM)nhiverson Wrote: I really didn't get the hire and i wonder if Shad ever will know whats he's doing.

ditto,, Under Khan we have been far and away the worse team in the NFL.  2nd worse is not even close to our stinch.

*worst
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]