Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
How many games does Meyer have to win to get a 2nd year?

We once started a season 0-8 with Gus Bradley, not worried about going winless yet, it's been 2 games, they have 15 more to figure out that handing the ball to the RB is in fact allowed
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

[Image: let-the-hate-flow-through-you-sidious.gif]

Meyer is the only one that could end it because of his embarrassment

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

I don't see the team going unwinfeated. Some team will have an off week, we'll begin to see cohesion, or some fluky play will keep that out of the possibility.

That said, I agree with the ones here who say the only person who will make Urbz a one and done coach is Urbz himself. I don't think you will be able to bring in anyone if you project impatience.

Now if we end next year with two wins, he is fired with extreme prejudice.

(09-24-2021, 08:29 AM)Mikey Wrote: I don't see the team going unwinfeated. Some team will have an off week, we'll begin to see cohesion, or some fluky play will keep that out of the possibility.

That said, I agree with the ones here who say the only person who will make Urbz a one and done coach is Urbz himself. I don't think you will be able to bring in anyone if you project impatience.

Now if we end next year with two wins, he is fired with extreme prejudice.

I agree with you, i think with Lawrence we will win at least a couple of games and i also think Khan has no desire to pull the trigger and have to go HC hunting again. I think Meyer gets a 2nd year regardless and a poor season would be put down to a learning curve, unless like you say he decides to go which i dont see yet.

I look forward to the day when Trevor asserts himself as a top 5 QB in this league and a mass unbunching of panties occurs amongst the fan base.

(09-24-2021, 09:17 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: I look forward to the day when Trevor asserts himself as a top 5 QB in this league and a mass unbunching of panties occurs amongst the fan base.

With our luck that will be the first game after he signs his next contract. With a different team.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Unfortunately, that number is zero.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

As long as he wants to be here, he'll be here next year at the very least.

(09-24-2021, 09:17 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: I look forward to the day when Trevor asserts himself as a top 5 QB in this league and a mass unbunching of panties occurs amongst the fan base.

That's what Andrew Luck did and all that could do with the wrong FO/coach Grigson/Pagano was lead them to one and done playoff appearances.

He will be here based on years, not wins. Wins never mattered with any other coach and UM was handpicked by Mr. Khan

(09-24-2021, 10:27 AM)Upper Wrote:

That's what Andrew Luck did and all that could do with the wrong FO/coach Grigson/Pagano was lead them to one and done playoff appearances.

So what you’re really saying is some panties can’t or won’t be unbunched.  Yeah I get that.

(09-24-2021, 09:30 AM)Jagwired Wrote: Unfortunately, that number is zero.

Well that seemed to be the point McAfee and his crew were saying, can you bring a coach that goes 0-17 back? And can you bring that coach back if he looks out of his depth at the NFL level?

Again i think we will win some games and Meyer will be here next year unless he decides to walk which i don't see happening.

(09-23-2021, 06:02 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Just seeing Pat McAfee and his crew chatting about us going 1-16 or 0-17 and saying it would be very tough to bring Meyer back for a 2nd season. Now im not saying thats going to be our record come December but it could be.y?

McAfee is an idiot.  He's a WVU graduate for God sake.  He is clueless about the fact that Shad and Urban are joined at the hip with regard to the vision, not only of this team, but as it relates to the development of the city and sports complex.  Shad's investment in Urban goes well beyond Year 1 wins and losses.

Zero. He has three years.

(09-24-2021, 02:39 PM)Rockman1966 Wrote: Zero.  He has three years.

Enough to ruin Trevor's career yay!
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

I’d rather have a Mike, Oscar, Michael,or a Nicole Meyer than an Urb.

Especially that Nicole one. Hawt! But she is his daughter. So I’m confused.

I think he's back regardless. He was too big of a hire to cut loose after 1 year.

(09-24-2021, 09:22 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

With our luck that will be the first game after he signs his next contract. With a different team.

That is simply not true.  We will trade him for a conditional 6th round pick and he will go on to the hall of fame on another team.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

0. I think we could go 0-17 and he'd still be here. We have one of the worst owners when it comes to football decisions. He's held on to and cherished every dud he has hired for far too long. What makes you think that changes with Meyer?