Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ryder Cup

USA up 3 and 1 after the morning session. Afternoon 4 ball is underway. Our team looks pretty good so far, the Euros don't seem to have it together this time around.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Let’s hope they can hold the momentum.

7-1 would look nice.

I’m not big into golf, but I will say this: those guys have a lot of balls.

6-2 after day 1.

14 and 1/2 points required to win the Cup.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2021, 07:40 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

Bryson DeChambeau is such an interesting case.  On one hole, a par-5, he drove it 417 yards over a lake and had 72 yards to the pin.  From which spot he made an eagle.  The others in his group all had at least 200 yards to the pin.  Okay, great. 

But then he had a 392 yard drive, on a par-4, which wound up hole-high, but in one of those nasty little green-side bunkers, from which he failed to get up and down, recording a par and tying the hole.  So that huge drive didn't do him any good. 

But, back to the tournament as a whole, yesterday's golf was really fun to watch.  Whistling Straits is such an interesting course, with all the wind, and the thousands of nasty little bunkers that litter the place.

Ryder Cup 2023 is in Italy, just outside of Rome.  Alas, tickets are already sold out.  That would have been a great trip.

The rowdy American crowds are a little much but now they’re booing the Europeans. That’s distasteful and unnecessary.

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2021, 08:40 AM by StroudCrowd1. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-25-2021, 08:08 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: The rowdy American crowds are a little much but now they’re booing the Europeans. That’s distasteful and unnecessary.

The first tee boos are normal every RC, but it's some of the individual taunts that are out of line.

(09-25-2021, 08:08 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: The rowdy American crowds are a little much but now they’re booing the Europeans. That’s distasteful and unnecessary.

But the stuff they do on the practice swings on the first tee is pretty funny.

11-5 after the team matches. Todays' draw:

11:04 a.m. — Xander Schauffele vs. Rory McIlroy
11:15 a.m. — Patrick Cantlay vs. Shane Lowry
11:26 a.m. — Scottie Scheffler vs. Jon Rahm
11:37 a.m.— Bryson DeChambeau vs. Sergio Garcia
11:48 a.m.— Collin Morikawa vs. Viktor Hovland
11:59 a.m.— Dustin Johnson vs. Paul Casey
12:10 p.m.— Brooks Koepka vs. Bernd Wiesberger
12:21 p.m.— Tony Finau vs. Ian Poulter
12:32 p.m.— Justin Thomas vs. Tyrrell Hatton
12:43 p.m.— Harris English vs. Lee Westwood
12:54 p.m.— Jordan Spieth vs. Tommy Fleetwood
1:05 p.m.— Daniel Berger vs. Matt Fitzpatrick

My Picks:
Xander, Bryson, Collin, DJ, Harris, Spieth, Berger win
Cantlay, Scheffler, Brooks lose
Finau, JT halves

Final tally: USA 19 - Europe 9

The US will be looking to shatter the Ryder Cup points record today. It should be glorious.

(09-26-2021, 08:47 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: 11-5 after the team matches. Todays' draw:

My Picks:
Finau, JT halves

Doesn’t play stop once the winning side reaches the requisite number? For the U.S. that is 14 and a half.

(09-26-2021, 09:13 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(09-26-2021, 08:47 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: 11-5 after the team matches. Todays' draw:

My Picks:
Finau, JT halves

Doesn’t play stop once the winning side reaches the requisite number? For the U.S. that is 14 and a half.

No.

(09-26-2021, 09:13 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:

My Picks:
Finau, JT halves

No, they play all 28 matches to completion.

U-S-A!

Welp, I got the score right but the matches really didn't go how I thought they would.

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2021, 06:17 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

History was made. Team Europe is in trouble for the foreseeable future.

Sorry I missed the singles matches. I was at another Jaguars loss.

I'm quite impressed that Scotty Scheffler beat John Rahm. I wrote off that match, figuring Scheffler was a sacrificial lamb.

(09-27-2021, 04:57 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Sorry I missed the singles matches.  I was at another Jaguars loss. 

I'm quite impressed that Scotty Scheffler beat John Rahm.  I wrote off that match, figuring Scheffler was a sacrificial lamb.

It seemed like Rahm was about all the Euros had this time around and he was worn down from carrying the team the previous two days.

I guess it's just personal preference, but I really have an issue with the American galleries.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]