Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
*** Official Game Thread - Week 3 Cardinals at Jags***

(09-26-2021, 03:58 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-26-2021, 03:57 PM)TheBigDawg Wrote: Worse than the jaguar today?

Aqib Talib on color commentary.

He's different and clearly green, but he might have some appeal.

I liked his insights into the game. I thought he did a nice job.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2021, 04:26 PM by Rockman1966.)

(09-26-2021, 03:23 PM)enigma Wrote:
(09-26-2021, 03:21 PM)Rockman1966 Wrote: Lambo has missed two extra points, not two FGs.
That only 2 lost pts., not 6.

Regardless, the current score is 24-19 so instead of us having 21 and only being down by 3 - we're down by 5 and needing a TD.

Prior to the Cards pick 6, we were only up by 2 instead of being up by 4.

Can't miss points, especially EASY ones in this league.

Missed the point.  Previous poster said Lambo missed two FGs.  Corrected that Lambo missed two missed PATs.
I knew the score.

(09-26-2021, 04:17 PM)Newton Wrote:
(09-26-2021, 03:58 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: He's different and clearly green, but he might have some appeal.

I liked his insights into the game. I thought he did a nice job.
Agree.  While no Romo, Talib did a good job.

(09-26-2021, 04:16 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(09-26-2021, 04:08 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: You can continue to push that, but the simple fact is that it took 3 weeks for these idiots to figure out James Robinson can play, and the very next series they went away from it and killed this entire game. There's a problem with this staff that's beyond being green, because most of them aren't; they are doing things that are just dumb at the worst possible times.

But they did figure out a lot today. It's a process and we saw the improvement. For 3 quarters we held our own against one of the better teams in the league. Our hoopty got a new carburetor today. We're building up a bad team with every game.

(09-26-2021, 04:12 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Hope springs eternal my friend.

I saw more than hope today. What happened today was tangible improvement.

Professional coaches should not need months to "figure out" what is blaringly obvious to us morons on this message board. That they did (maybe, they still might not have based on what happened after that drive) is more than concerning.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-26-2021, 06:23 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-26-2021, 04:16 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: But they did figure out a lot today. It's a process and we saw the improvement. For 3 quarters we held our own against one of the better teams in the league. Our hoopty got a new carburetor today. We're building up a bad team with every game.

I saw more than hope today. What happened today was tangible improvement.

Professional coaches should not need months to "figure out" what is blaringly obvious to us morons on this message board. That they did (maybe, they still might not have based on what happened after that drive) is more than concerning.

Okay. We'll see if that is still a valid criticism in a few weeks.

18 game losing streak is intact.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-26-2021, 06:51 PM)jagsfan06 Wrote: 18 game losing streak is intact.

And we make the playoffs?

(09-26-2021, 06:35 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(09-26-2021, 06:23 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Professional coaches should not need months to "figure out" what is blaringly obvious to us morons on this message board. That they did (maybe, they still might not have based on what happened after that drive) is more than concerning.

Okay. We'll see if that is still a valid criticism in a few weeks.

Why? Folks have already said this year doesn't matter, it's an extended pre-season, they need time to learn, etc. Those kinds of excuses will just continue on as they always do with this team. I hope they get better, but that's all it is, faint hope.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato