Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Let's be real. Lawrence looks horrendous

Looks like a promising rookie who still needs a lightbulb to go bright regarding risky throws vs NFL secondaries

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He has definitely made some bad throws and bad decisions. He is the future though and gonna be great imo.

He's close to amazing now as a rookie in a new offense. Just wait until year 3...if they keep the same coordinator... and he knows the playbook! And the players around him know the playback and are confident in it.

He had one INT off a dropped pass and one he should've thrown away or ate due to pressure.

He's the golden child.

(09-26-2021, 04:27 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Looks like a promising rookie who still needs a lightbulb to go bright regarding risky throws vs NFL secondaries

Not disagreeing with you but i think some of it is him trying to put the team on his arm and trying to make plays. Its not a bad trait to have but got to be smart with it.

I think of Bruce Arians when he was QB coach for the rookie Peyton asking him why he didnt throw the ball. Manning said 'he wasnt open' and Arians turns to him and says 'Oh FYI, in the NFL thats open'

Lawrence will learn and he needs the WR's to try and make it a bit easier for him.

(09-26-2021, 04:16 PM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(09-26-2021, 04:13 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Luck went to a playoff caliber roster with a prolific and veteran coaching staff. Put him with this crew and he'd be just as bad.
What?! He inherited a team that won two games and a green HC. Pretty similar scenario

(09-26-2021, 04:14 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: Most of us knew better.

Who is us? Because the scouts across the board sure said he was sure fire thing.

Except Chris Simms who said we should take Zach Wilson

LOL

I think you could argue none of his 4 turnovers today were really his fault.

Come on folks, are we really having threads like this 3 games into a rookie QB's career on an awful team? Give him a year or two to develop.

(09-26-2021, 04:00 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(09-26-2021, 03:57 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Every thought doesn't have to be a new thread.

This is more than a thought. This is regarding a supposed to be guaranteed franchise Qb who is struggling bad.
Disagree.  This team is so devoid of talent no QB in NFL could carry this team.

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2021, 04:56 PM by jaguarmvp.)

(09-26-2021, 04:19 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Did you see the TD throw to Chark?

Yet again another throw no other QB weve had could make.

Yes but also seen a number of horrific throws.

(09-26-2021, 04:23 PM)Mandeezee Wrote: If you're concerned about Lawrence...you're just a casual who knows nothing about football. Just being honest.

Maybe you are just a blind fanboy who could never criticize his team.

Saying he will be the man and being the man is 2 different things. He has certainly not lived up to the hype before the draft? Will he? TBD!
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2021, 04:59 PM by CanDoBetter. Edited 1 time in total.)

Lawrence has all the physical tools without a shadow of a doubt.

The first three games also showed some very questionable decision making. Right now he's more Paxton Lynch than Trevor Lawrence. Don't get me wrong, I still believe in him and not all of today's interceptions were his fault. On the other hand he had a couple of almost interceptions too.

The question is then how playcalling is helping him=

(09-26-2021, 04:53 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(09-26-2021, 04:19 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Did you see the TD throw to Chark?

Yet again another throw no other QB weve had could make.

Yes but also seen a number of horrific throws.

(09-26-2021, 04:23 PM)Mandeezee Wrote: If you're concerned about Lawrence...you're just a casual who knows nothing about football. Just being honest.

Naw there's plenty I can criticize my team about.

What I won't do is make statements exposing myself as knowing nothing about football. And I mean just basic stuff. My wife hates football, knows very little about it, and she said something like "Well he's new and young, and has to get accustomed to the NFL, but sometimes he does really good".

A person who knows anything about football can see Trevor is the real deal.

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2021, 05:12 PM by jaguarmvp. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-26-2021, 05:00 PM)Mandeezee Wrote:
(09-26-2021, 04:53 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Yes but also seen a number of horrific throws.

Naw there's plenty I can criticize my team about.

What I won't do is make statements exposing myself as knowing nothing about football. And I mean just basic stuff. My wife hates football, knows very little about it, and she said something like "Well he's new and young, and has to get accustomed to the NFL, but sometimes he does really good".

Being a blind homer does not make you an expert.  Trevor has the physical tools but so far lacks the instincts. Stats do not lie and he is one of the worst starting QB in the NFL right now. Many QB's come into the League who have the physical tools.  Gabbert had the Physical tools.   He has to be consistent and make his reads much quicker.  Can he do these things and improve his game?  Yes he can.  Will he?  We really do not know.   For every good throw he makes 2 bad ones.  His rating is in the basement for that reason.  Yes his receivers have struggled and I grant him that.  I also have seen too many just dumb decisions.  The mental game is the most difficult aspect of the NFL bar none.  Take your expert advice and be blind somewhere else.  I live in reality and can only judge what I see on the field.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(09-26-2021, 04:36 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(09-26-2021, 04:27 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Looks like a promising rookie who still needs a lightbulb to go bright regarding risky throws vs NFL secondaries

Not disagreeing with you but i think some of it is him trying to put the team on his arm and trying to make plays. Its not a bad trait to have but got to be smart with it.

I think of Bruce Arians when he was QB coach for the rookie Peyton asking him why he didnt throw the ball. Manning said 'he wasnt open' and Arians turns to him and says 'Oh FYI, in the NFL thats open'

Lawrence will learn and he needs the WR's to try and make it a bit easier for him.

Bruh, he's chucking  some throws to guys  that are not "open" in any league that has ever existed.

And just missing in some make-able ones too

(09-26-2021, 05:10 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(09-26-2021, 05:00 PM)Mandeezee Wrote: Naw there's plenty I can criticize my team about.

Being a blind homer does not make you an expert.  Trevor has the physical tools but so far lacks the instincts. Stats do not lie and he is one of the worst starting QB in the NFL right now. Many QB's come into the League who have the physical tools.  Gabbert had the Physical tools.   He has to be consistent and make his reads much quicker.  Can he do these things and improve his game?  Yes he can.  Will he?  We really do not know.   For every good throw he makes 2 bad ones.  His rating is in the basement for that reason.  Yes his receivers have struggled and I grant him that.  I also have seen too many just dumb decisions.  The mental game is the most difficult aspect of the NFL bar none.  Take your expert advice and be blind somewhere else.  I live in reality and can only judge what I see on the field.

Wrong, he has the tools and the instincts. You don't see him curling into the fetal position like Gabbert. You don't see him getting sacked 5 times a game because he's afraid to throw or has no clock in his head. You don't see him make one read and then run. You don't see him "sacking himself" or spinning in circles like Minshew.

I mean...this is really basic! Just accept that you are a casual fan of football. Nothing wrong with that, and actually I digress from discussing this with you. "You don't know any better".

Peyton looked horrendous his first season as well. Josh Allen was almost run out of town his first 2 years. Please keep things in perspective.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(09-26-2021, 05:11 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-26-2021, 04:36 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Not disagreeing with you but i think some of it is him trying to put the team on his arm and trying to make plays. Its not a bad trait to have but got to be smart with it.

Bruh, he's chucking  some throws to guys  that are not "open" in any league that has ever existed.

And just missing in some make-able ones too

All of the great qbs chuck the ball to their wr a few times per game. We've seen them all do it, and they expect their wr to come down with it or at least knock it down.

In practice you're telling me to just throw it up there...and you're catching everything...but it's a different thing in a game?

Don’t make the same mistake as the Jets with Darnold. The quarterback is the least problem. His pocket movement even makes the o-line look good.

I can recall Tom Brady throwing up some crazy prayers in the NFC championship game in January. The TB defense bailed him out, so no one talks about those throws, now, but if you think even the greatest QB of all time functions perfectly in all situations at all times when the team around him fails then you don't understand football.

Fields threw for 68 yards today in his first start lol