Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Let's be real. Lawrence looks horrendous

He hasn’t made the same mistake twice. And truth be told this was his best game. Took the check down often, kept the chains moving, ran when necessary.

First pick should’ve been caught. Second pick he’ll learn from.

The touchdown can’t be taught.....

If you can’t see that, you don’t know what you’re watching.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Lawrence is a rookie on a very, very, very bad team. This is kinda what I expected. I still see more potential in him than I have seen in any other Jaguars QB ever. He just needs help. He needs the coaches to come up with better game plans, he needs better protection, there needs to be better jobs by the receivers getting open and catching the ball, we have to do a much better job by the defense, not giving up so many big plays and points. Finally, Trevor himself needs to make better decisions. This team was 1-15 last season. I never bought into Meyer's crap about this being a quick, one year turnaround. That was never gonna happen. I always saw this as being a 3-4 year process. This team just lacks too much talent. I'm not gonna throw Lawrence under the bus, no matter how he ends up performing this season. If he continues to struggle next season, I might change my mind, but this year, I expected him to struggle and this coaching staff is doing him no favors either.

(09-26-2021, 05:57 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Lawrence is a rookie on a very, very, very bad team. This is kinda what I expected. I still see more potential in him than I have seen in any other Jaguars QB ever. He just needs help. He needs the coaches to come up with better game plans, he needs better protection, there needs to be better jobs by the receivers getting open and catching the ball, we have to do a much better job by the defense, not giving up so many big plays and points. Finally, Trevor himself needs to make better decisions. This team was 1-15 last season. I never bought into Meyer's crap about this being a quick, one year turnaround. That was never gonna happen. I always saw this as being a 3-4 year process. This team just lacks too much talent. I'm not gonna throw Lawrence under the bus, no matter how he ends up performing this season. If he continues to struggle next season, I might change my mind, but this year, I expected him to struggle and this coaching staff is doing him no favors either.
No team is in a 3 or 4 year turn around if they draft good and hit in FA.  If the offense can get going where our defense isn't worn out we would of won the last 2 games.  We have 2 offensive TDs in the last 2 games, that's not gonna get it done

This is a terrible take. Trevor looks better than any QB we've had since Garrard, and his upside looks WAY higher. Now, I'm not saying he's going to be the next Peyton Manning, but his technique, accuracy, and footwork in the pocket is impressive for a rookie. He needs to clean up his decision making, which should come as he begins to appreciate the talent gap in the NFL. He's going to need to learn to throw open receivers, take what's available, and throw it away when nothing is there. I can't help but think the drops are contributing to some of these poor decisions as well. He really seems slow to pull the trigger on throws to TEs for some reason. Yes, he's got some INTs, and that's not good, but I think he'll get better. I'm not sure what his ceiling is, but I'd be careful thinking he's already reached it.

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2021, 06:07 PM by homebiscuit. Edited 1 time in total.)

Let's be real. People just want something to piss and moan about. Some of this Jags fanbase has become so accustomed to losing that the urge to [BLEEP] overwhelms all results to the contrary. 'I am Jags, therefore I complain.' Had we won today, somebody would have started whining that we could have done better, or this, or that. Stick a tampon in it, people.

(09-26-2021, 06:01 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-26-2021, 05:57 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Lawrence is a rookie on a very, very, very bad team. This is kinda what I expected. I still see more potential in him than I have seen in any other Jaguars QB ever. He just needs help. He needs the coaches to come up with better game plans, he needs better protection, there needs to be better jobs by the receivers getting open and catching the ball, we have to do a much better job by the defense, not giving up so many big plays and points. Finally, Trevor himself needs to make better decisions. This team was 1-15 last season. I never bought into Meyer's crap about this being a quick, one year turnaround. That was never gonna happen. I always saw this as being a 3-4 year process. This team just lacks too much talent. I'm not gonna throw Lawrence under the bus, no matter how he ends up performing this season. If he continues to struggle next season, I might change my mind, but this year, I expected him to struggle and this coaching staff is doing him no favors either.
No team is in a 3 or 4 year turn around if they draft good and hit in FA.  If the offense can get going where our defense isn't worn out we would of won the last 2 games.  We have 2 offensive TDs in the last 2 games, that's not gonna get it done

Exactly, but we are the Jaguars. Do you really expect us to draft well and hit on free agents? I don't. History is not on our side and I certainly don't trust Meyer and Baalke to get the job done.

(09-26-2021, 06:07 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-26-2021, 06:01 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: No team is in a 3 or 4 year turn around if they draft good and hit in FA.  If the offense can get going where our defense isn't worn out we would of won the last 2 games.  We have 2 offensive TDs in the last 2 games, that's not gonna get it done

Exactly, but we are the Jaguars. Do you really expect us to draft well and hit on free agents? I don't. History is not on our side and I certainly don't trust Meyer and Baalke to get the job done.

Not sure, time will tell.

Somebody has to be the worst team. I guess it's us.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(09-26-2021, 05:11 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-26-2021, 04:36 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Not disagreeing with you but i think some of it is him trying to put the team on his arm and trying to make plays. Its not a bad trait to have but got to be smart with it.

I think of Bruce Arians when he was QB coach for the rookie Peyton asking him why he didnt throw the ball. Manning said 'he wasnt open' and Arians turns to him and says 'Oh FYI, in the NFL thats open'

Lawrence will learn and he needs the WR's to try and make it a bit easier for him.

Bruh, he's chucking  some throws to guys  that are not "open" in any league that has ever existed.

And just missing in some make-able ones too

Hes definitly had some throws and decisions he would like to take back but hes a rookie so you have to accept that and the D really struggled the first 2 games stopping teams and Lawrence was trying to hard and forcing it trying to keep us in it. I like the fact even as a rookie he still sees himself as responsible for making us win. 

The TD throw to Chark was a fantastic throw and whenever the debate of sitting Lawrence until he was ready was bought up, people were pretty adamant that he needs to learn on the field, well this is him learning.

(09-26-2021, 06:09 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Somebody has to be the worst team. I guess it's us.

You certainly aren't watching, or have watched the Jets play.

(09-26-2021, 04:16 PM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(09-26-2021, 04:13 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Luck went to a playoff caliber roster with a prolific and veteran coaching staff. Put him with this crew and he'd be just as bad.
What?! He inherited a team that won two games and a green HC. Pretty similar scenario

(09-26-2021, 04:14 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: Most of us knew better.

Who is us? Because the scouts across the board sure said he was sure fire thing.

You're right about Pagano, I was conflating Luck with Manning who had Jim Mora his rookie campaign. The talent on the team that Luck joined though, that was a playoff team who sucked for Luck because Manning got hurt and they used Curtis Painter and Dan Orlovsky to win the #1 overall pick. Not even close to what we have here.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Give it a rest. If he's still playing like this next year there's reason for concern.

Well said and completely agree. Lawrence has walked into a bad team and compare his situation to other young QB's (Mayfield, Mahomes, Murray etc) those were teams that spent the next few seasons adding real talent to the rosters. Theres a lot that needs to improve on the roster and FO decisions to build a winning team and thats more than drafting Lawrence.

(09-26-2021, 06:21 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Give it a rest. If he's still playing like this next year there's reason for concern.

No way… 3 games into his professional career it’s time for the people who said to pump the breaks during the draft to already claim a W…. LMAO

This place has a way of being overly pessimistic but for [BLEEP] sake. Some of you need to just jump on these great moments to shut the [BLEEP] up.

(09-26-2021, 06:27 PM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(09-26-2021, 06:21 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Give it a rest. If he's still playing like this next year there's reason for concern.

No way… 3 games into his professional career it’s time for the people who said to pump the breaks during the draft to already claim a W…. LMAO

This place has a way of being overly pessimistic but for [BLEEP] sake. Some of you need to just jump on these great moments to shut the [BLEEP] up.

We've got 20 years of reasons to be pessimistic about this franchise. #becausejaguars isn't just a catchy hashtag, it's a reality.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-26-2021, 04:08 PM)MojoKing Wrote: No, this thread is dumb.

First INT - TE should of caught it
2nd INT - TERRIBLE play call

I would say

First INT-TE should have caught it
2nd INT- Norwell should not have spun like a top and blocked Watt.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

He doesn't appear to be the answer.
You know you're dealing with a belief system when you get an emotional response. 

(09-26-2021, 07:10 PM)CTEisREAL Wrote: He doesn't appear to be the answer.

You aren't asking the right question.

You should be asking, "Can I get an appointment with my optometrist?"

TREVOR IS 21 YEARS OLD

Chill children

What about minshew haha