Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I can endure this losing because it shows me the winning is coming!

I feel pretty good after this game...

WE HAVE A QB!!! Despite the thread on this forum calling him horrendous...I see he's going devastate this league for a while.

WE HAVE A COACH!!! He coached them up tremendously for this game. And he's doing this in his 1st year without the talent he wants around him.

I know this is a "right now" society and most casuals don't know what they're seeing, but this is the beginning of our good years!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Yes sir! Good things are coming.

They've looked a little better each week. 

On one hand, they looked shockingly unprepared to start the season so you'd hope they were able to improve upon that mess.

On the other hand, they gave AZ a pretty good challenge for 3 quarters today.

The passing game and kicking game is our 2 biggest flaws right now

(09-26-2021, 04:30 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: The passing game and kicking game is our 2 biggest flaws right now

I'd throw in a 3rd. Nearly every game a QB throws up a 50 yard duck and completes it. 

Get Cisco in.

(09-26-2021, 04:32 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(09-26-2021, 04:30 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: The passing game and kicking game is our 2 biggest flaws right now

I'd throw in a 3rd. Nearly every game a QB throws up a 50 yard duck and completes it. 

Get Cisco in.
Yeah Campbell has HORRIBLE ball skills.

(09-26-2021, 04:36 PM)Mandeezee Wrote:
(09-26-2021, 04:32 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: I'd throw in a 3rd. Nearly every game a QB throws up a 50 yard duck and completes it. 

Get Cisco in.
Yeah Campbell has HORRIBLE ball skills.

The one big play he gave up today on the bomb he was turned around and facing the ball and was great coverage, AJ Green just made a great play.  I thought it was easily his best game

(09-26-2021, 04:38 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-26-2021, 04:36 PM)Mandeezee Wrote: Yeah Campbell has HORRIBLE ball skills.

The one big play he gave up today on the bomb he was turned around and facing the ball and was great coverage, AJ Green just made a great play.  I thought it was easily his best game

Yeah it was his best game. And like the team, he's getting better each week.

This is not a 0-17 team and by week 10 they will be a serious team. If the coach can keep them believing.

I don't see the evidence for an all caps multiple exclamation point we have a coach. That still seems very up in the air, to put it lightly.

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2021, 04:59 PM by jaguarmvp.)

(09-26-2021, 04:21 PM)Mandeezee Wrote: I feel pretty good after this game...

WE HAVE A QB!!! Despite the thread on this forum calling him horrendous...I see he's going devastate this league for a while.

WE HAVE A COACH!!! He coached them up tremendously for this game. And he's doing this in his 1st year without the talent he wants around him.

I know this is a "right now" society and most casuals don't know what they're seeing, but this is the beginning of our good years!

I guess we are watching 2 different games.  The Defense played much better than to be expected but the offense was as bad as ever.  They put up 2 td's again today.  Another td off the fg return.  19 pts a game is not getting it done.

(09-26-2021, 04:56 PM)Upper Wrote: I don't see the evidence for an all caps multiple exclamation point we have a coach. That still seems very up in the air, to put it lightly.

[Image: raw]
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

One could argue "they played better" because it would be real hard to play worse than last week. I want this team to succeed but I have had enough of "waiting for the plan to develop" speech fans give with each new Regime. Lets call it for what it is. This team by far in away Still the worse team in the league. I am so sick of tired of sugar coating everything and looking for the few positives in the bad. The Jags now have lost 18 straight that puts us top 5 ALL TIME. I really do hope Lawrence and this Regime start showing positive growth but I refuse to put blinders on. I don't see much positive growth from this team.

(09-26-2021, 04:56 PM)Upper Wrote: I don't see the evidence for an all caps multiple exclamation point we have a coach. That still seems very up in the air, to put it lightly.

It takes a coach to get the team from what we saw in week 1 to what we saw today. To get the players to play as hard as they did against a talent superior team.

This game should have been a blowout for all 4 quarters!

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2021, 05:14 PM by homebiscuit.)

(09-26-2021, 05:04 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: One could argue "they played better" because it would be real hard to play worse than last week.  I want this team to succeed but I have had enough of "waiting for the plan to develop" speech fans give with each new Regime.  Lets call it for what it is.  This team by far in away Still the worse team in the league.  I am so sick of tired of sugar coating everything and looking for the few positives in the bad.  The Jags now have lost 18 straight that puts us top 5 ALL TIME.  I really do hope Lawrence and this Regime start showing positive growth but I refuse to put blinders on.  I don't see much positive growth from this team.

There's been obvious strides in improvement, especially this game. By the middle of the season, barring injury, the Jags will be legitimately competing.

But hey, if you've had enough of waiting I'm sure the Bucs would appreciate another bandwagon fan.

(09-26-2021, 05:05 PM)Mandeezee Wrote:

It takes a coach to get the team from what we saw in week 1 to what we saw today. To get the players to play as hard as they did against a talent superior team.

[Image: raw]

Darrell Bevell is garbage and has no clue how to call an offense. Maybe he did at one point in his career but he sucks and has no clue how to call a consistent offense.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

(09-26-2021, 05:04 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: One could argue "they played better" because it would be real hard to play worse than last week.  I want this team to succeed but I have had enough of "waiting for the plan to develop" speech fans give with each new Regime.  Lets call it for what it is.  This team by far in away Still the worse team in the league.  I am so sick of tired of sugar coating everything and looking for the few positives in the bad.  The Jags now have lost 18 straight that puts us top 5 ALL TIME.  I really do hope Lawrence and this Regime start showing positive growth but I refuse to put blinders on.  I don't see much positive growth from this team.

I realize we live in a microwave society where we expect instant results, but that isn't always realistic.

Urban took over a talent-devoid team which only won one game last year.

1. New HC.
2. New OC. Every player young and old learning a new playbook.
3. Rookie QB learning a new playbook, HC, and OC, as well as adjusting to the NFL.
4. New DC. Even holdovers from last years dreadful team learning a new scheme.

There's knowing the playbook and then there's KNOWING THE PLAYBOOK. I know from experience majority of the guys don't even know the playbook. Not to the point where they're out there going fullspeed. It takes a good year before they will be comfortable with the plays.

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2021, 05:20 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-26-2021, 05:14 PM)Protozoa Wrote: Darrell Bevell is garbage and has no clue how to call an offense. Maybe he did at one point in his career but he sucks and has no clue how to call a consistent offense.

I do feel he is possibly our biggest problem along with Lambo

I miss Gruden and Hackett

(09-26-2021, 05:15 PM)Mandeezee Wrote:

I realize we live in a microwave society where we expect instant results, but that isn't always realistic.

Urban took over a talent-devoid team which only won one game last year.

1. New HC.
2. New OC. Every player young and old learning a new playbook.
3. Rookie QB learning a new playbook, HC, and OC, as well as adjusting to the NFL.
4. New DC. Even holdovers from last years dreadful team learning a new scheme.

There's knowing the playbook and then there's KNOWING THE PLAYBOOK. I know from experience majority of the guys don't even know the playbook. Not to the point where they're out there going fullspeed. It takes a good year before they will be comfortable with the plays.

I do not think I ever pointed to instant results.  With the amount of money he had available with the draft capital we had this should be at least a competitive team.  We are losing by more than 2 scores in every game we play.  It's not even a competitive team at the end of the day.   I think the 2020 Jags would beat the 2021 Jags.  I do not see the improvements and that is my point.

(09-26-2021, 04:21 PM)Mandeezee Wrote: I feel pretty good after this game...

This makes two/many of us (Don't Get It Twisted). I too see the BIG picture of which it'll take time to matriculate. If you don't Concur, ask Dan Marino, Troy Aikmen and Payton Manning just to name a few.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

Just keep improving and the wins will come.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(09-26-2021, 05:05 PM)Mandeezee Wrote:

What exactly did we see today? In no shape, form, or fashion should we have blown them out for 4 quarters. I think whoever was serving you drinks should have cut you off a while ago.