Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2022 NFL draft order

(10-09-2021, 01:43 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Spencer rattler benched.

Yeah I don't think he's very good

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-09-2021, 12:16 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Gonna watch that Iowa game and keep an eye on Tyler Linderbaum.  Could be a possibility in the 2nd for our interior

LOVE Linderbaum. Great Center. I wouldn't be surprised if he snuck into the first round.

(This post was last modified: 10-09-2021, 06:31 PM by TheO-LineMatters. Edited 1 time in total.)

Two of my favorite offensive players having big days today. Chris Olave had 7 receptions for 120 yards including an amazing, highlight reel catch in the endzone where he was absolutely getting "mugged." The other was RB Kenneth Walker who had another big day running the ball with 232 yards on 29 carries, including an impressive 94 yard TD run. If both of these guys aren't first round picks, I'd be surprised.

Isn't about the NFL draft order, but Texas A&M is putting it on Bama right now.

(10-09-2021, 10:27 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Isn't about the NFL draft order, but Texas A&M is putting it on Bama right now.

That didn't last.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 10-09-2021, 11:40 PM by Eric1. Edited 2 times in total.)

(10-09-2021, 11:02 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-09-2021, 10:27 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Isn't about the NFL draft order, but Texas A&M is putting it on Bama right now.

That didn't last.

Nope it did not, they choked it away.

EDIT: What a throw by Calzada for the TD to tie it up again, but he might have just gotten Burrow'd.
he's back out there good to see

Ballgame.

A&M brought it back and took it.

Bama down.

Good game.

Still picking first going into week 6

So do we think after the Jags draft Kayvon Thibodeaux, he will be a bust or an an amazing player that demands a trade by season 4?

(10-10-2021, 09:20 PM)HolsterHusto Wrote: So do we think after the Jags draft Kayvon Thibodeaux, he will be a bust or an an amazing player that demands a trade by season 4?

Knowing our luck, it'll be both.

Best scenario is we get the first pick and trade it to Philly for 5 & 10 and they pick a QB Malik Willis (pushing one of the big 4 to us)

(10-12-2021, 05:05 AM)Black and Teal Wrote: Best scenario is we get the first pick and trade it to Philly for 5 & 10 and they pick a QB Malik Willis (pushing one of the big 4 to us)

I don't see taking Philly taking Willis over Hurts

(10-12-2021, 08:35 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-12-2021, 05:05 AM)Black and Teal Wrote: Best scenario is we get the first pick and trade it to Philly for 5 & 10 and they pick a QB Malik Willis (pushing one of the big 4 to us)

I don't see taking Philly taking Willis over Hurts

I don't see them passing on a QB when they have 3 first round picks and right now, almost everyone has Malik Willis as the #1 QB available.

(This post was last modified: 10-12-2021, 12:36 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(10-12-2021, 09:25 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-12-2021, 08:35 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I don't see taking Philly taking Willis over Hurts

I don't see them passing on a QB when they have 3 first round picks and right now, almost everyone has Malik Willis as the #1 QB available.
Just because some mocks have Willis, the QB for Liberty lol as the number 1 QB in Oct means nothing.  I think it would be a huge mistake to trade up for him when they have a similar QB in Hurts who done it against much tougher competition.  They need to use those picks to build that team because they have a lot of pieces and they're not that far away.  I'd be shocked if they take a QB in this class, Hurts has some good games for them so far and it's only early in his 2nd year and they drafted him in the 2nd round.

The Colts, Falcons, or Steelersare a few teams I could see going after Willis

(10-12-2021, 12:30 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-12-2021, 09:25 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I don't see them passing on a QB when they have 3 first round picks and right now, almost everyone has Malik Willis as the #1 QB available.
Just because some mocks have Willis, the QB for Liberty lol as the number 1 QB in Oct means nothing.  I think it would be a huge mistake to trade up for him when they have a similar QB in Hurts who done it against much tougher competition.  They need to use those picks to build that team because they have a lot of pieces and they're not that far away.  I'd be shocked if they take a QB in this class, Hurts has some good games for them so far and it's only early in his 2nd year and they drafted him in the 2nd round.

The Colts are a team I could see going after Willis

Have you watched any of the eagles games this year? Jalen Hurts is awful. He routinely misses wide open recievers withing 15 yards. It's hard to watch him play.

(10-12-2021, 12:35 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(10-12-2021, 12:30 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Just because some mocks have Willis, the QB for Liberty lol as the number 1 QB in Oct means nothing.  I think it would be a huge mistake to trade up for him when they have a similar QB in Hurts who done it against much tougher competition.  They need to use those picks to build that team because they have a lot of pieces and they're not that far away.  I'd be shocked if they take a QB in this class, Hurts has some good games for them so far and it's only early in his 2nd year and they drafted him in the 2nd round.

The Colts are a team I could see going after Willis

Have you watched any of the eagles games this year? Jalen Hurts is awful. He routinely misses wide open recievers withing 15 yards. It's hard to watch him play.
I've watched some, he's also made some nice plays for them and I watched their RT get abused by Haason Reddick.  Hes also won them some games.  They need to build that roster instead of trading away all their 1st for a QB out of Liberty.  Willis doesn't look any more impressive than Hurts did at Oklahoma against tougher competition

(10-12-2021, 12:30 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-12-2021, 09:25 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I don't see them passing on a QB when they have 3 first round picks and right now, almost everyone has Malik Willis as the #1 QB available.

The Colts, Falcons, or Steelersare a few teams I could see going after Willis

Personally, I think Hurts sucks, but I also think every QB in this draft class sucks. I understand what you are saying, but you know as well as I do that QB needy teams like the Eagles seem to panic at draft time and overdraft QB's. IMO, any team that takes any QB from this coming draft in round 1 would be falling into that trap. This is the worst QB class I've seen in ages, but inevitably, at least one team will take a QB in the first round and most likely that would be a team that currently holds 3 first round picks.

I'm not trading down lower than it would take to get Thibodeaux.

The more I think about it, the more I wanna draft a couple of new LB's. The Dallas Cowboys had one of the worst defenses imaginable last season. CB Trevon Diggs returns and is playing like an All-Pro, but the Cowboys also selected LB Micah Parsons, who has been an absolute beast. Now that defense is respectable. We all know we need a pass rushing OLB for the 3-4 scheme we now run, but ILB is just as important. They are the unheralded backbone of the defense. Just look at great defenses of the past. The Ravens had Ray Lewis, last year's Bucs had LaVonte David and Devin White, the Niners had Patrick Willis, the Bears had Brian Urlacher and Mike Singletary and Dick Butkus. Even successful defenses of the past who didn't have star LB's on the inside, at least had good players who could consistently stop the run and cover passes. Right now, we're getting terrible play from our linebackers both outside and inside. If we could come out of the offseason with one consistent pass rushing OLB and one really good all around ILB, I think we'd see a huge improvement on defense. Maybe not enough to make us a Super Bowl contender, but enough of an improvement where we would at least be competitive. I think these are two areas that absolutely have to be addressed.

(10-13-2021, 11:51 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: The more I think about it, the more I wanna draft a couple of new LB's. The Dallas Cowboys had one of the worst defenses imaginable last season. CB Trevon Diggs returns and is playing like an All-Pro, but the Cowboys also selected LB Micah Parsons, who has been an absolute beast. Now that defense is respectable. We all know we need a pass rushing OLB for the 3-4 scheme we now run, but ILB is just as important. They are the unheralded backbone of the defense. Just look at great defenses of the past. The Ravens had Ray Lewis, last year's Bucs had LaVonte David and Devin White, the Niners had Patrick Willis, the Bears had Brian Urlacher and Mike Singletary and Dick Butkus. Even successful defenses of the past who didn't have star LB's on the inside, at least had good players who could consistently stop the run and cover passes. Right now, we're getting terrible play from our linebackers both outside and inside. If we could come out of the offseason with one consistent pass rushing OLB and one really good all around ILB, I think we'd see a huge improvement on defense. Maybe not enough to make us a Super Bowl contender, but enough of an improvement where we would at least be competitive. I think these are two areas that absolutely have to be addressed.

Take the BPA, I don't care what position it is we just need some stars