Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2022 NFL draft order

I'd probably go Neal as well, he's a monster and can play 4 positions.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Gimme a trade down where we can select a couple players like Ahmad Gardner and Chris Olave over any of the "top" players outside of Thibaodeaux. I just don't see much difference between the top 2-3 guys in this draft (excluding Thibodeaux) and the next 10 players.

(10-23-2021, 10:24 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Gimme a trade down where we can select a couple players like Ahmad Gardner and Chris Olave over any of the "top" players outside of Thibaodeaux. I just don't see much difference between the top 2-3 guys in this draft (excluding Thibodeaux) and the next 10 players.

Top 5 players are blue chip. Wouldn’t mind a trade down but KT, Kyle Hamilton, Derek Stingley, Aidan Hutchinson, and Evan Neal are levels above

Gimme Jameson Williams. Absolute burner bama product exactly what trevor needs

(This post was last modified: 11-01-2021, 03:29 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(10-23-2021, 07:26 PM)Black and Teal Wrote:
(10-23-2021, 10:24 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Gimme a trade down where we can select a couple players like Ahmad Gardner and Chris Olave over any of the "top" players outside of Thibaodeaux. I just don't see much difference between the top 2-3 guys in this draft (excluding Thibodeaux) and the next 10 players.

Top 5 players are blue chip. Wouldn’t mind a trade down but KT, Kyle Hamilton, Derek Stingley, Aidan Hutchinson, and Evan Neal are levels above

Evan Neal is nothing special at all. He's just the best in a really, really bad OT class. Kyle Hamilton is a very talented player, but I really don't know how much of an impact a Safety could have on this team given how bad we are. Personally, I don't even think Stingley is the best CB in this draft class. It's deep and I believe we could find an equal value CB later in round 1, all the way into round 2. I've seen several Michigan games this season (I live in Big Ten country) and there have been more than one occasion where Hutchinson picks up "garbage sacks." For instance, this past week against Michigan State, there was a play where the entire Spartan O-Line pulled right, leaving Hutchinson totally unblocked. There was nothing between him and the QB, but green grass. It was another sack for Hutchinson, but it didn't tell the whole story. He didn't actually beat anyone to get it. That's the second time this year when I've seen that happen with him. I have no clue how any team can leave him totally unblocked like that. He's good, but I don't think he's elite. Thibodeaux is elite.  

Top 5 aren't always great players. Jared Goff wasn't great, Carson Wentz wasn't great, Leonard Fournette certainly wasn't great, Sam Darnold wasn't great, Clelin Ferrell wasn't great either. Nothing is certain.

(11-01-2021, 02:37 PM)Doc Holliday904 Wrote: Gimme Jameson Williams. Absolute burner bama product exactly what trevor needs

I really like Williams too.

You're sleeping on Neal, dude is a beast. I'd be happy with Neal but I'm kinda leaning towards Jordan Davis, a monster.

While I agree with you on “how much does a safety help us” it’s kind of like passing on Derwin James. I think he is every bit as good as Derwin. Also, Aidan Hutchinson does more than just that clean up sack you’re talking about. Even in that game he got a sack with an impressive pass rush move that he was held on, Michigan took the holding penalty instead. All season long he’s been unblockable. He’s got the right size, attitude, production, strength, and speed you’d want from a top 5 pick. I’d be WAY more happy about a Kay’von, but Hutchinson is the goods as well

(11-01-2021, 03:29 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-23-2021, 07:26 PM)Black and Teal Wrote: Top 5 players are blue chip. Wouldn’t mind a trade down but KT, Kyle Hamilton, Derek Stingley, Aidan Hutchinson, and Evan Neal are levels above

Evan Neal is nothing special at all. He's just the best in a really, really bad OT class. Kyle Hamilton is a very talented player, but I really don't know how much of an impact a Safety could have on this team given how bad we are. Personally, I don't even think Stingley is the best CB in this draft class. It's deep and I believe we could find an equal value CB later in round 1, all the way into round 2. I've seen several Michigan games this season (I live in Big Ten country) and there have been more than one occasion where Hutchinson picks up "garbage sacks." For instance, this past week against Michigan State, there was a play where the entire Spartan O-Line pulled right, leaving Hutchinson totally unblocked. There was nothing between him and the QB, but green grass. It was another sack for Hutchinson, but it didn't tell the whole story. He didn't actually beat anyone to get it. That's the second time this year when I've seen that happen with him. I have no clue how any team can leave him totally unblocked like that. He's good, but I don't think he's elite. Thibodeaux is elite.  

Top 5 aren't always great players. Jared Goff wasn't great, Carson Wentz wasn't great, Leonard Fournette certainly wasn't great, Sam Darnold wasn't great, Clelin Ferrell wasn't great either. Nothing is certain.

(11-01-2021, 02:37 PM)Doc Holliday904 Wrote: Gimme Jameson Williams. Absolute burner bama product exactly what trevor needs

I really like Williams too.

Carson Wentz is absolutely a great top five pick.

When he's not being terrible.

Cool

(11-01-2021, 05:12 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: You're sleeping on Neal, dude is a beast.  I'd be happy with Neal but I'm kinda leaning towards Jordan Davis, a monster.

I've seen Neal almost every week this season, since Alabama is always on TV and they are fun to watch. Neal is highly overrated. He lunges and grabs and when he lunges, he tends to get off balance. That kind of technique just isn't gonna cut it in the NFL. He's just the best in a very, very bad OT class. If he were in last year's draft class, he may not even be a first rounder, but the Raiders drafted Leatherwood, so I take that back. They probably would have taken him. There is no way he's better than Sewell, Slater or Darrisaw though. 

As for Jordan Davis, I love him. That guy is a monster! He's the main reason why no one can run on Georgia. He commands constant double teams. With that said, our run defense is not the problem. Our problem is lack of a consistent pass rush. I just don't know how much of an overall improvement Jordan Davis would be when it comes to pressuring opposing passers. Is he enough of an improvement over DaVon Hamilton (who I like a lot), to justify taking him with a top 5 pick? I just don't know. When it comes to shutting down the opposing running team though, Davis is unmatched. He's probably the best NT I've seen in several years.

(11-01-2021, 05:35 PM)Black and Teal Wrote: While I agree with you on “how much does a safety help us” it’s kind of like passing on Derwin James. I think he is every bit as good as Derwin. Also, Aidan Hutchinson does more than just that clean up sack you’re talking about. Even in that game he got a sack with an impressive pass rush move that he was held on, Michigan took the holding penalty instead. All season long he’s been unblockable. He’s got the right size, attitude, production, strength, and speed you’d want from a top 5 pick. I’d be WAY more happy about a Kay’von, but Hutchinson is the goods as well

I do too. Kyle Hamilton is an elite Safety. With that said, if you took Derwin James off the Chargers, how much would it change their overall defense? Would it really make that much of a difference, as good as he is? We need difference makers and I'm just not sure if any Safety can be a real difference maker with our team, as it is. With that said, if we are at #4 when we draft, Thibodeaux is gone and we can't get anyone to trade down with, I'm taking Hamilton. He is the BAP, imo. I just hope it doesn't come to this. 

I certainly didn't mean to imply Hutchinson wasn't good. He is. I just think some of his stats make it look like he is more consistent than he really is though. IMO, there is a big dropoff from Thibodeaux to Hutchinson. I see one as elite and the other as very good. By trading down, I think we could end up with 2 very good players instead of one. Personally, I only see 3 elite players in this coming draft, Kayvon Thibodeaux, Kyle Hamilton and Jordan Davis, but there are also a ton of very good players who I believe could make immediate impacts for us.

(11-01-2021, 06:43 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(11-01-2021, 05:35 PM)Black and Teal Wrote: While I agree with you on “how much does a safety help us” it’s kind of like passing on Derwin James. I think he is every bit as good as Derwin. Also, Aidan Hutchinson does more than just that clean up sack you’re talking about. Even in that game he got a sack with an impressive pass rush move that he was held on, Michigan took the holding penalty instead. All season long he’s been unblockable. He’s got the right size, attitude, production, strength, and speed you’d want from a top 5 pick. I’d be WAY more happy about a Kay’von, but Hutchinson is the goods as well

I do too. Kyle Hamilton is an elite Safety. With that said, if you took Derwin James off the Chargers, how much would it change their overall defense? Would it really make that much of a difference, as good as he is? We need difference makers and I'm just not sure if any Safety can be a real difference maker with our team, as it is. With that said, if we are at #4 when we draft, Thibodeaux is gone and we can't get anyone to trade down with, I'm taking Hamilton. He is the BAP, imo. I just hope it doesn't come to this. 

I certainly didn't mean to imply Hutchinson wasn't good. He is. I just think some of his stats make it look like he is more consistent than he really is though. IMO, there is a big dropoff from Thibodeaux to Hutchinson. I see one as elite and the other as very good. By trading down, I think we could end up with 2 very good players instead of one. Personally, I only see 3 elite players in this coming draft, Kayvon Thibodeaux, Kyle Hamilton and Jordan Davis, but there are also a ton of very good players who I believe could make immediate impacts for us.
Hamilton and Cisco would be a pretty awesome pair.

(11-01-2021, 06:50 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-01-2021, 06:43 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I do too. Kyle Hamilton is an elite Safety. With that said, if you took Derwin James off the Chargers, how much would it change their overall defense? Would it really make that much of a difference, as good as he is? We need difference makers and I'm just not sure if any Safety can be a real difference maker with our team, as it is. With that said, if we are at #4 when we draft, Thibodeaux is gone and we can't get anyone to trade down with, I'm taking Hamilton. He is the BAP, imo. I just hope it doesn't come to this. 

Hamilton and Cisco would be a pretty awesome pair.

I don't doubt that at all. Rayshawn Jenkins was a waste of money.

(11-01-2021, 06:59 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(11-01-2021, 06:50 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Hamilton and Cisco would be a pretty awesome pair.

I don't doubt that at all. Rayshawn Jenkins was a waste of money.

For most teams, yes.

For us?

They won't be a good pair until 2023 because they won't play them.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(11-01-2021, 07:21 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(11-01-2021, 06:59 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I don't doubt that at all. Rayshawn Jenkins was a waste of money.

For most teams, yes.

For us?

Good point!

(This post was last modified: 11-01-2021, 07:54 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-01-2021, 06:27 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(11-01-2021, 05:12 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: You're sleeping on Neal, dude is a beast.  I'd be happy with Neal but I'm kinda leaning towards Jordan Davis, a monster.

I've seen Neal almost every week this season, since Alabama is always on TV and they are fun to watch. Neal is highly overrated. He lunges and grabs and when he lunges, he tends to get off balance. That kind of technique just isn't gonna cut it in the NFL. He's just the best in a very, very bad OT class. If he were in last year's draft class, he may not even be a first rounder, but the Raiders drafted Leatherwood, so I take that back. They probably would have taken him. There is no way he's better than Sewell, Slater or Darrisaw though. 

As for Jordan Davis, I love him. That guy is a monster! He's the main reason why no one can run on Georgia. He commands constant double teams. With that said, our run defense is not the problem. Our problem is lack of a consistent pass rush. I just don't know how much of an overall improvement Jordan Davis would be when it comes to pressuring opposing passers. Is he enough of an improvement over DaVon Hamilton (who I like a lot), to justify taking him with a top 5 pick? I just don't know. When it comes to shutting down the opposing running team though, Davis is unmatched. He's probably the best NT I've seen in several years.
I watch Alabama alot as well, and he's a beast that can play 4 positions.  Davis gets doubled on almost every play is why you don't see the stats, dude is almost unblockable one in one with his size and athletism on top of being a monster against the run. He reminds me of a prime John Henderson.

(11-01-2021, 07:21 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(11-01-2021, 06:59 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I don't doubt that at all. Rayshawn Jenkins was a waste of money.

For most teams, yes.

For us?

this guy gets it.

(11-01-2021, 07:53 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-01-2021, 06:27 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I've seen Neal almost every week this season, since Alabama is always on TV and they are fun to watch. Neal is highly overrated. He lunges and grabs and when he lunges, he tends to get off balance. That kind of technique just isn't gonna cut it in the NFL. He's just the best in a very, very bad OT class. If he were in last year's draft class, he may not even be a first rounder, but the Raiders drafted Leatherwood, so I take that back. They probably would have taken him. There is no way he's better than Sewell, Slater or Darrisaw though. 

I watch Alabama alot as well, and he's a beast that can play 4 positions.  Davis gets doubled on almost every play is why you don't see the stats, dude is almost unblockable one in one with his size and athletism on top of being a monster against the run.  He reminds me of a prime John Henderson.

If that is true then his draft value goes up for this team. O-line is a huge need for the future IMO. I think Cann, Norwell and Robinson will be gone. Taylor is hot garbage at this point and Linder is hurt way too often. But would you take Neal with the thought of using him at guard? With a top 5 pick? I don't think they would consider him there for guard and if OLM is right then he is not the answer at tackle. We have so many needs though. WR1, Oline, Edge, LB and better CBs. Oh and running back too. Even if ETN is good next year we still need a quality backup to JRob.

(11-01-2021, 06:43 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

If the Jaguars agree with your assessment, this will make next year's 1st round pick a very difficult choice. As I see it, the current team's greatest needs are:

1. Pass rusher- Chaisson is looking more and more like a bust. Improving the pass rush also greatly helps our secondary. 

2. #1 wide receiver- Even if Chark returns, he has not proven to be a true number 1. Lawrence needs a reliable deep threat to maximize his talent.

3. Offensive line- Taylor has regressed to the point of being a major liability every week. Robinson has played well, but is that just because it's a contract year? Norwell and Cann may both be gone
                         in 2022 due to poor performance (Cann) and free agency (Norwell).

4. Cornerback- This depends on whether Tyson Campbell shows miraculous improvement between now and the end of the season. Since he is a rookie, there is hope BUT he needs to come a 
                      LONG LONG way to earn a starting spot opposite Griffin.

Two of your three elite players (Davis, Hamilton) do not play positions of major need for the Jaguars. Hamilton and Brown have helped improve the run defense significantly and must be considered important parts of the team's future. Jenkins has not been great, but he and Cisco would not be liability at safety. 

Do you agree with this assessment and if the Jaguars have Davis and Hamilton rated slightly higher than Aiden Hutchinson and Evan Neal, who do they select with their pick if Thibodeaux is not on the board?

What do you have against Stingley?

Durability?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(11-03-2021, 11:05 AM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(11-01-2021, 06:43 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I do too. Kyle Hamilton is an elite Safety. With that said, if you took Derwin James off the Chargers, how much would it change their overall defense? Would it really make that much of a difference, as good as he is? We need difference makers and I'm just not sure if any Safety can be a real difference maker with our team, as it is. With that said, if we are at #4 when we draft, Thibodeaux is gone and we can't get anyone to trade down with, I'm taking Hamilton. He is the BAP, imo. I just hope it doesn't come to this. 

If the Jaguars agree with your assessment, this will make next year's 1st round pick a very difficult choice. As I see it, the current team's greatest needs are:

1. Pass rusher- Chaisson is looking more and more like a bust. Improving the pass rush also greatly helps our secondary. 

2. #1 wide receiver- Even if Chark returns, he has not proven to be a true number 1. Lawrence needs a reliable deep threat to maximize his talent.

3. Offensive line- Taylor has regressed to the point of being a major liability every week. Robinson has played well, but is that just because it's a contract year? Norwell and Cann may both be gone
                         in 2022 due to poor performance (Cann) and free agency (Norwell).

4. Cornerback- This depends on whether Tyson Campbell shows miraculous improvement between now and the end of the season. Since he is a rookie, there is hope BUT he needs to come a 
                      LONG LONG way to earn a starting spot opposite Griffin.

Two of your three elite players (Davis, Hamilton) do not play positions of major need for the Jaguars. Hamilton and Brown have helped improve the run defense significantly and must be considered important parts of the team's future. Jenkins has not been great, but he and Cisco would not be liability at safety. 

Do you agree with this assessment and if the Jaguars have Davis and Hamilton rated slightly higher than Aiden Hutchinson and Evan Neal, who do they select with their pick if Thibodeaux is not on the board?

I do agree, but I would put CB above O-Line as far as team needs. I may even put ILB above O-Line, because even with Norwell and Cann gone, I like Bartch. That leaves one OG position to fill. I'm even toying with the idea of franchising Cam Robinson one more year, because he hasn't been terrible and we just have too many other needs to deal with and this is definitely not a draft class that you want to be looking for a franchise LT. Ideally, we would go after Armstead or Reiff as a replacement in free agency, but I'm not gonna try and fool myself. No good free agent is gonna want to come here with the joke of a coaching staff and front office we have. It's just not gonna happen. I'm hoping we can re-sign Shatley as a backup Center and we still have Linder under contract for one more year. Little has to contribute in 2022. Whether it be LT while possibly moving Cam to RT or vice versa, because Taylor has to go. He's a huge liability. Maybe we could draft a C/OG somewhere in the middle rounds to fill one of the OG spots and then move the rookie to starting Center in 2023. I really like Nick Ford of Utah for this role. I know this is far from ideal, but we have so many major needs on this team, it feels like we are in way worse shape than we were at the end of the 2020 season. 

Ideally, we trade down if we can't get Thibodeaux, but if we can't, I'm still taking the BAP regardless of need and hoping for the best. Right now, the #2 player on my board is Kyle Hamilton. I know he's not a CB, but he is a player in the secondary and should at least help in coverage.