Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Dan Arnold

(09-27-2021, 01:00 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-27-2021, 12:59 PM)MojoKing Wrote: this dude Can ball, Im actually very excited. Great hands and vertical. Not bad speed either. His highlights in Arizona are fantastic

He's just light in the shorts at 220 lbs. He's really the definition of receiving tight end.

Nah, he weighs around 240 these days. I think you're looking at the weight he was before he converted to tight end. He's still a liability when it comes to blocking though.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Division III hurdles champion (110m) --- may want to rest Agnew and let this dude return kicks.

Imagine how this guy feels. Playing for a team 3-0 leading the division; traded to one of the worst teams in the league. I imagine he’s not too happy about it… lol
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(09-27-2021, 03:46 PM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote: Imagine how this guy feels. Playing for a team 3-0 leading the division; traded to one of the worst teams in the league. I imagine he’s not too happy about it… lol

I'm fully expecting him to already be complaining since he didn't sign with the Jags during the offseason. I wouldn't be shocked to hear that he said he isn't going to the Jags .... #becausejaguars

Lol ? well, on the bright side, he really has a chance to become a major difference maker here.

(This post was last modified: 09-27-2021, 03:59 PM by jessepeck1213.)

I really belive he's going to make life a lot easier for trevor. Hollister looked really bad yesterday and our other tight end are clunkers who give us no threat in the pass game.

not as bad as can't remember the guys name who played for NE when they were like 11-2 and traded to Clevland who were like 1-12 at the time. overnight from playoffs to out of playoffs.

i think Arnold has upside to what we need. his tape looks good. but we all know how tape can make you look better.

can he kick an XP?

Maybe Urban's dumb [BLEEP] should have used some of that $100m in cap space on Jonnu Smith or Hunter Henry... Maybe his dumb [BLEEP] shouldn't have given away Josh Oliver before he even stepped foot in the facility...

Instead we're forced to give up on another young promising player for some guy nobody has ever heard of because Urban made the worse TE group in the league even worse after taking this job...

We got absolutely fleeced in this trade.

I like the trade. If someone doesn't want to be here MOVE THEM.

And the other players don't sound too tore up about him being gone. In between the lines they're basically calling him a weirdo.

(09-27-2021, 05:36 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Maybe Urban's dumb [BLEEP] should have used some of that $100m in cap space on Jonnu Smith or Hunter Henry... Maybe his dumb [BLEEP] shouldn't have given away Josh Oliver before he even stepped foot in the facility...

Instead we're forced to give up on another young promising player for some guy nobody has ever heard of because Urban made the worse TE group in the league even worse after taking this job...

you can't bring in a top FA if they don't want to be here. who says they didn't try and get Smith or Henry?

(09-27-2021, 03:46 PM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote: Imagine how this guy feels. Playing for a team 3-0 leading the division; traded to one of the worst teams in the league. I imagine he’s not too happy about it… lol

99.9% chance that he's not happy being coming here.

You wanna know why? He chose to play for the Panthers over us in free agency. I can't imagine the contract offered by our team being vastly different than the one he obtained by the Panthers, but this is just conjecture by me.

(09-27-2021, 06:31 PM)icey14 Wrote:
(09-27-2021, 05:36 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Maybe Urban's dumb [BLEEP] should have used some of that $100m in cap space on Jonnu Smith or Hunter Henry... Maybe his dumb [BLEEP] shouldn't have given away Josh Oliver before he even stepped foot in the facility...

you can't bring in a top FA if they don't want to be here. who says they didn't try and get Smith or Henry?

Because Urban literally said he didn't even know you didn't meet with FAs/have meetings with them. He thought it was like recruiting kids out of High School. He said he was shocked that everything was done over the phone.

Money always talks and when your 1st day FA prize consists of a Special Team ace/back up Safety in Rudy Ford and a Kick/Punt Returner in Agnew, it's not hard to figure out that they either didn't even try, or they were low balling people.

So we just picked up two pass catching TEs that's suppose to make a difference from what we already have on the roster. Where does these transactions leave our 2021 NFL Draft selection? He's a blocking TE. I can only wonder if this is an correct combination. I also feel that we gave up TOO Much to get him. We traded away another First Round CB that replaced the previous First Round CB. I seriously pray that we come out on top of this one.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(09-27-2021, 05:38 PM)Mandeezee Wrote: I like the trade. If someone doesn't want to be here MOVE THEM.

And the other players don't sound too tore up about him being gone. In between the lines they're basically calling him a weirdo.

What players?
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(09-27-2021, 05:38 PM)Mandeezee Wrote: I like the trade. If someone doesn't want to be here MOVE THEM.

If he didn't want to be here, we should've known that before we selected him, via the vetting process and he should've never been drafted.

(09-27-2021, 06:59 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote:

What players?

Jenkins and Griffin.

A good TE takes heat off of the QB. If your TE is legit it causes mismatch’s which means less people rushing your QB which in turn gives your rookie QB more time to see the field. It’s a good trade.
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

You know your franchise sucks when you trade a top talent CB for a mediocre TE. Lol.

This franchise cant even draft a decent TE in the draft, while 30 other teams have no issues finding talent of TEs in the middle rounds...

I remember Jonnu's quotes about saying he thought he was going to wind up somewhere else but then the Patriots made him feel like he was their top priority and that make the difference for him.

Dilla also said the Jags had 6 priority FA (we struck out on all of them) and Jonnu was one of them.

We also know Urban spent day 1 of FA schmoozing his beloved special teamers.

Connecting those dots and there is a decent chance that we were the team that Jonnu thought he was going to sign with and we would have him right now if we prioritized him.