Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Dan Arnold

(09-27-2021, 05:36 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Maybe Urban's dumb [BLEEP] should have used some of that $100m in cap space on Jonnu Smith or Hunter Henry... Maybe his dumb [BLEEP] shouldn't have given away Josh Oliver before he even stepped foot in the facility...

Instead we're forced to give up on another young promising player for some guy nobody has ever heard of because Urban made the worse TE group in the league even worse after taking this job...

We got absolutely fleeced in this trade.

We are only fleeced if Henderson starts looking like a top ten pick.  He has not shown it to this point.  Panthers are gambling.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Urbs says they've had their eye on Arnold for a while. He likes him for his abilities and apparently the guy has some leadership skills.

Just catch the ball.

(09-27-2021, 08:00 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Urbs says they've had their eye on Arnold for a while. He likes him for his abilities and apparently the guy has some leadership skills.

Just catch the ball.

Said he will play Thursday lol

This is the guy that was in that show with that full figured woman Roseanne?

(09-27-2021, 08:14 PM)Jags Wrote: This is the guy that was in that show with that full figured woman Roseanne?

[Image: roseanne_03.jpg?w=720]
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(09-27-2021, 03:46 PM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote: Imagine how this guy feels. Playing for a team 3-0 leading the division; traded to one of the worst teams in the league. I imagine he’s not too happy about it… lol

This dude is from Wisconsin.  Imagine how hot our Jacksonville chicks look to him compared to what he grew up with.

(09-27-2021, 08:37 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(09-27-2021, 03:46 PM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote: Imagine how this guy feels. Playing for a team 3-0 leading the division; traded to one of the worst teams in the league. I imagine he’s not too happy about it… lol

This dude is from Wisconsin.  Imagine how hot our Jacksonville chicks look to him compared to what he grew up with.
Moved from the Midwest to Florida.  This is soo true!!!

(This post was last modified: 09-27-2021, 09:01 PM by Dimson. Edited 1 time in total.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4Mo8dCe0Ks
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(09-27-2021, 02:14 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-27-2021, 02:03 PM)High Octane Wrote: Theres a youtube highlight reel of him in Arizona last year, and he's got great hands and made some athletic plays.

Easily the best TE we have. Lets hope he pans out here

I can make a Youtube highlight reel out of my dog catching a frisbee. Highlight reels mean nothing.

I'd like to see this.

Get him the ball asap. Coach urban said in his press conference hes going to play

It is what it is at the end of the day, he can't be any worse than what they've been running out there at TE.

Jags may have a reputation for being football career killers, for players and coaches. I thought we were turning it around and fixing that with a billionaire owner but we can't seem to get out of that rut

Winning solves it, but easier said than done

Urbs said Carolina didn’t really want to give him up. That’s a cover story. What really happened is Arnold clutched onto his locker and cried maniacally while being pried loose and dragged out after being told he was going to Jacksonville.

(09-27-2021, 07:15 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-27-2021, 05:38 PM)Mandeezee Wrote: I like the trade. If someone doesn't want to be here MOVE THEM.

And the other players don't sound too tore up about him being gone. In between the lines they're basically calling him a weirdo.

If he didn't want to be here, we should've known that before we selected him, via the vetting process and he should've never been drafted.

People BS in job interviews, details at 11.

If your loyalty is to a paycheck, you are going to tell everyone you want to play for them. Why risk falling to a lower spot in the darft and getting less $$ via bonus/contract?

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2021, 10:36 AM by enigma. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-28-2021, 09:26 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(09-27-2021, 07:15 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: If he didn't want to be here, we should've known that before we selected him, via the vetting process and he should've never been drafted.

People BS in job interviews, details at 11.

If your loyalty is to a paycheck, you are going to tell everyone you want to play for them. Why risk falling to a lower spot in the darft and getting less $$ via bonus/contract?

This is what some people I guess don't understand...? You're spot on with your point Mikey.

I'm sure there are tons of people who would do something they tolerate, and/or even despise, if it paid them enough.

But it's easy to push a certain narrative and play the "woulda, coulda, shoulda" game when it comes to the draft looking in hindsight. I think there were better choices to be made at #9 but the fact is that CJ Henderson was selected by Caldwell and there's nothing we could do about it. Again, people LOVE to be right and the times that they're wrong, they move the goalposts like my friend homebiscuit alluded to in another post.

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2021, 11:05 AM by Flagler Jagsfan.)

So after settling down from realizing we lost our 1st round pick...AGAIN, and rewatching Arnold's highlights from Arizona, he does appear to be have something to bring to the table. CJ sucks for having such a bad attitude, and is what is. I think Arnold immediately becomes our top TE. Interested to see if he can get open for some deeper routes. Can't be any worse than Ferrell, who probably is a threat to no one on the defensive side of the ball.

Let's welcome Arnold and try not make him hate being in Jacksonville.

(09-27-2021, 10:28 PM)Jag88 Wrote: Get him the ball asap. Coach urban said in his press conference hes going to play

Yes, we limited our trade possibilities to those within 500 miles of both Jacksonville and Cincinnati.  This guaranteed he could drive from Charlotte to Cinci for Thursday's game and it also cut back on moving expenses from Charlotte to Jacksonville.  We probably allotted him $500 to move here and if does the move himself he can pocket the unused portion of his $500.  We're savvy that way, as further supported by the fact that we are $28m under the cap.

FWIW 1010xl just interviewed the radio guy from the Carolina Panthers and he just sated Arnold can't block worth a lick. So we essentially went out and got 2 TEs from Carolina. One that can't block and one that can't catch. The offense should be pretty predictable when either are on the field. Time for Urb to work his magic --- these are HIS guys (Manhertz, Farrell, Arnold, and the artist formerly known as Tebow)

(09-27-2021, 02:13 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Never trust a man with two first names. Life lesson.

Trevor Lawrence?

(09-28-2021, 01:21 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(09-27-2021, 02:13 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Never trust a man with two first names. Life lesson.

Trevor Lawrence?

Fred Taylor!