Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Dan Arnold

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2021, 05:20 PM by HURRICANE!!!. Edited 2 times in total.)

(09-28-2021, 04:44 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(09-28-2021, 01:21 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Trevor Lawrence?

Fred Taylor!

Speaking of Taylor.  If Taylor Swift married RB D'Andre Swift, her hyphenated name would be Taylor Swift-Swift.  She would be twice as swift than he is but I'm sure he'd be able to shake it off in their love story.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

So, i wonder how the dollars worked out on this one. I see Darnold is at least signed thru next year on his contract. 2,5 mil next year. Will we have any deadcap hiit for CJ signing bonus next year?

CJ can be a decent player if he wants to be. Seems to be dinged up a lot. This one will be interesting next year to see what becomes of them both. Darnold seemed to find the seams in his highlights which if he can for us would be a huge bonus.

(09-28-2021, 07:06 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/gus_logue/status/144...40229?s=20

He is a little light but man can he catch.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2021, 09:50 PM by Jag88.)

I watched the highlights. I know it's not everything, but it's something, and he looked good. Hope hope hope

(09-28-2021, 09:43 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(09-28-2021, 07:06 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/gus_logue/status/144...40229?s=20

He is a little light but man can he catch.

That was a few years ago coming out. He doesn't weigh 220 now

(09-28-2021, 09:54 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-28-2021, 09:43 PM)Dimson Wrote: He is a little light but man can he catch.

That was a few years ago coming out. He doesn't weigh 220 now

Still more of a WR than a TE but that is exactly what we need on this team.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(09-28-2021, 09:09 PM)surfon Wrote: So, i wonder how the dollars worked out on this one.  I see Darnold is at least signed thru next year on his contract.  2,5 mil next year.  Will we have any deadcap hiit for CJ signing bonus next year?

CJ can be a decent player if he wants to be.  Seems to be dinged up a lot.  This one will be interesting next year to see what becomes of them both.  Darnold seemed to find the seams in his highlights which if he can for us would be a huge bonus.

Per OTC it looks like we eat 3.6M this year and 6.24 next and we're done with him.

Panthers are on the hook for the remainder of his deal, 7M over this and the next two seasons, fully guaranteed, whether he plays or not.

(This post was last modified: 09-30-2021, 09:57 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Good first half

He looks very QUICK and shifty for a TE.

Good hands and movement so far through the first half.

Tremendous athlete. If he can run a route tree he may be a find.

He was a nice surprise tonight! let's see if he can keep it up
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

He should have got some more looks in the see second half

He was a WR converted to TE he is what we need

Dan was reliable when his number was called and I assume he will be included in more plays on offense as he gets acclimated even further.

I was definitely impressed with his speed and movement with the ball. He could turn out to be a solid player for Lawrence and this offense.

Also with Chark going down, I'd like to see a little more Agnew on the field with motions to exploit some mismatches. Pair this with the other WRs and Arnold at TE - and we might have a formidable passing threat just by sheer speed. But it all comes down to innovative play calling and establishing the RUN like we did in the first half...

(10-01-2021, 01:26 AM)enigma Wrote: Dan was reliable when his number was called and I assume he will be included in more plays on offense as he gets acclimated even further.

I was definitely impressed with his speed and movement with the ball. He could turn out to be a solid player for Lawrence and this offense.

Also with Chark going down, I'd like to see a little more Agnew on the field with motions to exploit some mismatches. Pair this with the other WRs and Arnold at TE - and we might have a formidable passing threat just by sheer speed. But it all comes down to innovative play calling and establishing the RUN like we did in the first half...

^ This. Also, Austin caught a pass as well. Losing Chark hurts for sure but Agnew stepping in on offense adds speed as does Austin. Tyron Johnson needs to start making plays too. But Arnold looked like an upgrade from O'Shag in the first half.  The other 3 TEs also caught a pass. Trevor is learning to look for them and that bodes well for the future

Why did they stop throwing to him in the 2nd half?

Get that man more touches. Small for a TE but can run and get the YAC.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2021, 10:23 AM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

(10-01-2021, 08:24 AM)Rockman1966 Wrote: Why did they stop throwing to him in the 2nd half?

Agree. Maybe his limited knowledge of the playbook, or the Bengals made adjustments, but he was a huge asset to Lawrence in the 1st half. Not sure how often he was on the field in the 2nd half, but he needs to be an integral part of the passing game moving forward. Could be our 2nd coming of Pete Mitchell.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2021, 10:28 AM by Newton.)

(10-01-2021, 01:26 AM)enigma Wrote: Dan was reliable when his number was called and I assume he will be included in more plays on offense as he gets acclimated even further.

That was a hell of a catch Agnew had. I agree we should get him more involved.

(10-01-2021, 10:22 AM)INewJagsCity Wrote:
(10-01-2021, 08:24 AM)Rockman1966 Wrote: Why did they stop throwing to him in the 2nd half?

Agree.  Maybe his limited knowledge of the playbook, or the Bengals made adjustments, but he was a huge asset to Lawrence in the 1st half.  Not sure how often he was on the field in the 2nd half, but he needs to be an integral part of the passing game moving forward.  Could be our 2nd coming of Pete Mitchell.

They probably had like 5 scripted plays and had run them all lol.