Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
4th and 1

(10-01-2021, 12:17 AM)LMD Wrote:
(10-01-2021, 12:04 AM)High Octane Wrote: Should have done a QB sneak or let James run the ball.

I hate being in shotgun formation on that every play.

My thoughts. I like going for it there; you're 0-3 in the midst of an 18 game losing streak dating back to a season ago.

That said, I don't need overly creative plays for no reason. This is the second week in a row the team decided to forgo not just conventional wisdom but a working strategy and got cute to disastrous results. It was frustrating last week, now that it's becoming a pattern it's becoming a concern...

Was Bevell the offensive coordinator in Seattle’s super bowl goal line blunder?
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Yes he was.
You know you're dealing with a belief system when you get an emotional response. 

In this situation, Take the Damn Points!

It surely mattered didn't it.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(10-04-2021, 07:17 AM)NH3 Wrote: In this situation, Take the Damn Points!

NH3...

I believe Trevor said later that the design was to go to Robinson. Not sure why it didn't work that way, will have to rewatch it. I don't mind going for the TD at that point the way the game was going. Woulda, coulda, shoulda I guess.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

I love going for it at that point. What I hate is the play call. If it is me I am running either a QB sneak, Read option instead of speed option, or I am running James Robinson's favorite running play.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Hiking the ball a further 3 yards back is not a good start.

(10-04-2021, 08:14 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Hiking the ball a further 3 yards back is not a good start.

I really thought we would see some power run concepts with Meyer and Bevell. They both have a history of that in their books, so why the cutesy fancy stuff when a plain old run between the tackles is needed? It's maddening.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-04-2021, 09:03 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-04-2021, 08:14 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Hiking the ball a further 3 yards back is not a good start.

I really thought we would see some power run concepts with Meyer and Bevell. They both have a history of that in their books, so why the cutesy fancy stuff when a plain old run between the tackles is needed? It's maddening.

You realize Bevell is the guy who didn't hand the ball to Marshawn Lynch when his team was led than 3 yards from winning the Super Bowl right?

(10-04-2021, 09:59 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(10-04-2021, 09:03 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I really thought we would see some power run concepts with Meyer and Bevell. They both have a history of that in their books, so why the cutesy fancy stuff when a plain old run between the tackles is needed? It's maddening.

You realize Bevell is the guy who didn't hand the ball to Marshawn Lynch when his team was led than 3 yards from winning the Super Bowl right?

That was an maddeningly bad call, but I’m not going to base a guy’s entire career on one bad play.

(10-04-2021, 07:29 AM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(10-04-2021, 07:17 AM)NH3 Wrote: In this situation, Take the Damn Points!

NH3...

I believe Trevor said later that the design was to go to Robinson. Not sure why it didn't work that way, will have to rewatch it. I don't mind going for the TD at that point the way the game was going. Woulda, coulda, shoulda I guess.

To this I Concur BUT, Take the Damn Points.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(10-04-2021, 01:22 PM)NH3 Wrote:
(10-04-2021, 07:29 AM)MarleyJag Wrote: I believe Trevor said later that the design was to go to Robinson. Not sure why it didn't work that way, will have to rewatch it. I don't mind going for the TD at that point the way the game was going. Woulda, coulda, shoulda I guess.

To this I Concur BUT, Take the Damn Points.

NH3...

He said he kept it based on the read he got from the DE.

(10-04-2021, 09:59 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(10-04-2021, 09:03 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I really thought we would see some power run concepts with Meyer and Bevell. They both have a history of that in their books, so why the cutesy fancy stuff when a plain old run between the tackles is needed? It's maddening.

And also the guy who got BeastMode 1,300 yards and a 4.7 YPC that season, so the one play is an oddity, but still very similar to this occurrence last week. As I said, power running is a thing for both of those coaches but we've seen very little use of the concepts in the play calling.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-04-2021, 02:08 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-04-2021, 09:59 AM)Dimson Wrote: You realize Bevell is the guy who didn't hand the ball to Marshawn Lynch when his team was led than 3 yards from winning the Super Bowl right?

And also the guy who got BeastMode 1,300 yards and a 4.7 YPC that season, so the one play is an oddity, but still very similar to this occurrence last week. As I said, power running is a thing for both of those coaches but we've seen very little use of the concepts in the play calling.

The point is he tends to get cute when it comes to clutch time.

(10-04-2021, 02:28 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(10-04-2021, 02:08 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: And also the guy who got BeastMode 1,300 yards and a 4.7 YPC that season, so the one play is an oddity, but still very similar to this occurrence last week. As I said, power running is a thing for both of those coaches but we've seen very little use of the concepts in the play calling.

The point is he tends to get cute when it comes to clutch time.

My criticism is that they've been calling these kinds of plays since the season opener, not just in crunch time.

Again another 4-1 blown call. This team will break your heart and the family jewels
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Reminds me of a few years back and it was 1st and 1 and had had 4 trys to get 1 yard and couldn't with Tobby

We're all wondering the same thing Scobee.
https://twitter.com/JoshScobee10/status/...7614871556

(10-01-2021, 10:44 AM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(10-01-2021, 12:17 AM)LMD Wrote: My thoughts. I like going for it there; you're 0-3 in the midst of an 18 game losing streak dating back to a season ago.

That said, I don't need overly creative plays for no reason. This is the second week in a row the team decided to forgo not just conventional wisdom but a working strategy and got cute to disastrous results. It was frustrating last week, now that it's becoming a pattern it's becoming a concern...

Was Bevell the offensive coordinator in Seattle’s super bowl goal line blunder?

Yep.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

A new broom sweeps clean....get rid of Bevell
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(09-30-2021, 11:25 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Kick a field goal, run the ball up the middle with Robinson.

Shotgun QB draw??? lmao lost us the game. Good job.

You do realize it was addressed later...that was not the play call... The play was supposed to go to Robinson.... TL changed the play on the field...and decided to keep it and run up the middle from shotgun....