Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
A quarter in to the season, how would you list our top 5 needs?

1.  OLB/ edge
2. OLB/edge
3.  WR
4. CB
5. RG

Wild card:. LT

I like our safety position, I like the dline, we need pass rushers.  We also need a true number 1 WR.  I was a fan of Trevon Diggs coming out but last year he was horrible, hopefully Campbell can  start improving through out the year like Diggs did.  Diggs is looking like arguably the best corner in the game right now.  Hopefully Little will be ready next year also.  I'm confident in Quarteman as I think he can replace Jack.  A lot of needs right now but we need pass rush to help this defense and we need a true number 1 WR to help Trev are the biggest needs for this team imo.  Etienne will be a huge plus for our offense next year as well

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2021, 09:54 AM by wg171. Edited 1 time in total.)

No order:
- Pass Rusher
- Pass Rusher
- Corner
- Proven #1 receiver
- Left Tackle

O-Line UFA’s will impact this I think

In this order:
1. A true coverage CB
2. A move TE
3. A speedy OLB
4. Depth at the L/RT position
5. Depth at G (I like what I initially saw from Bartch in run but pass was an OUCH)
6. WR
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

1) Pass Rusher
2) Legit number 1 receiver
3) Pass Rusher

I think Arnold might be something at tight end. But I honestly think progression of the current roster and adding the above will put us in playoff contention.

1. Pass rusher/OLB opposite Allen. Chaisson is a disaster.
2. CB who can cover in 1 on 1 matchups.
3. Safety who can cover cover opposing TE's.
4. ILB who isn't a liability in pass coverage. Wilson sucks.
5. WR who can stretch the field or give Lawrence some help. Troy Aikman pointed out last night that our receivers keep running their routes when Lawrence gets in trouble. He says they need to notice this and maybe break back to the QB creating some separation and allowing Trevor some kind of open target. Instead, they just keep running the route they are blanketed on.

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2021, 10:17 AM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

Pass protection by the LB's. They did a decent job against the run last nite, especially in the 1st half, but they consistently struggle against the screen passes and anything thrown to the TE.
WR's that can get separation. We see every game what Aikman rightly commented on last nite.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(10-01-2021, 09:59 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: 1. Pass rusher/OLB opposite Allen. Chaisson is a disaster.
5. WR who can stretch the field or give Lawrence some help. Troy Aikman pointed out last night that our receivers keep running their routes when Lawrence gets in trouble. He says they need to notice this and maybe break back to the QB creating some separation and allowing Trevor some kind of open target. Instead, they just keep running the route they are blanketed on.
Troy made an excellent point last night that I think a lot of us caught early in the season. These WRs just will not help Trevor. They are too mechanical and lack the ability to improvise or adjust to settle into holes of the defense.

1. Coach(es)
2. GM
3. Offense
4. Defense
5. Kicker
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-01-2021, 10:02 AM)B2hibry Wrote:
(10-01-2021, 09:59 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: 1. Pass rusher/OLB opposite Allen. Chaisson is a disaster.
Troy made an excellent point last night that I think a lot of us caught early in the season. These WRs just will not help Trevor. They are too mechanical and lack the ability to improvise or adjust to settle into holes of the defense.

Keenan was a master at finding holes in zone coverage and helping Brunell when he scrambled. This new WR coach never played.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(10-01-2021, 10:08 AM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(10-01-2021, 10:02 AM)B2hibry Wrote: Troy made an excellent point last night that I think a lot of us caught early in the season. These WRs just will not help Trevor. They are too mechanical and lack the ability to improvise or adjust to settle into holes of the defense.

Keenan was a master at finding holes in zone coverage and helping Brunell when he scrambled. This new WR coach never played.

Spot on. I think losing Keenan was a nail in the coffin for this WR corp. Damn, I miss that dude.

(10-01-2021, 10:05 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: 1. Coach(es)
2. GM
3. Offense
4. Defense
5. Kicker

Not a big fan of UM but going to give him the season…GM however is another matter. Why would this organization with it’s past drafts hire internally???

(10-01-2021, 09:46 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: 1.  OLB/ edge
2. OLB/edge
3.  WR
4. CB
5. RG

Wild card:. LT

I like our safety position, I like the dline, we need pass rushers.  We also need a true number 1 WR.  I was a fan of Trevon Diggs coming out but last year he was horrible, hopefully Campbell can  start improving through out the year like Diggs did.  Diggs is looking like arguably the best corner in the game right now.  Hopefully Little will be ready next year also.  I'm confident in Quarteman as I think he can replace Jack.  A lot of needs right now but we need pass rush to help this defense and we need a true number 1 WR to help Trev are the biggest needs for this team imo.  Etienne will be a huge plus for our offense next year as well
You do this all the time. Diggs isn't arguably the best corner. He's not even close. He has had 3 good games. Relax.

However to answer your question. Pass rush and WR are the two biggest needs for this team by a mile. Teams can scheme to double Allen because Chaisson sucks (great trade BTW) and it was clear that our receivers just can't seperate. Even during scramble drills they can't get open.

Hoping for Kayvon in the draft and for the Jags to sign ARob or Godwin.

(10-01-2021, 10:11 AM)wg171 Wrote:
2. GM
3. Offense
4. Defense
5. Kicker

Not a big fan of UM but going to give him the season…GM however is another matter. Why would this organization with it’s past drafts hire internally???

Baalke is just Urbz's yes man.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-01-2021, 10:11 AM)wg171 Wrote:
2. GM
3. Offense
4. Defense
5. Kicker

Because Khan keeps choosing personal friendships over sound business decisions.

1. CB
2. DE
3. Offensive Coordinator
4. True #1 WR
5. GM
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2021, 10:47 AM by wg171. Edited 1 time in total.)

(10-01-2021, 10:18 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-01-2021, 10:11 AM)wg171 Wrote: Not a big fan of UM but going to give him the season…GM however is another matter. Why would this organization with it’s past drafts hire internally???

Because Khan keeps choosing personal friendships over sound business decisions.

Deleted by poster

Well, 3 of our starting offensive linemen will be free agents next year so that's probably the biggest priority.
LT , LG primarily since there are RG candidates on the roster already.

Then you've got:
CB
Edge/OLB
TE
WR

I think they need a stud DT/Big End as well.
Someone strong against the run but able to get inside pressure on pass plays more consistently than what we have there currently.
I wouldn't hate seeing that position selected early in the draft if a good prospect emerges.

(10-01-2021, 10:32 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Well, 3 of our starting offensive linemen will be free agents next year so that's probably the biggest priority.

Then you've got:
CB
Edge/OLB
TE
WR

Someone strong against the run but able to get inside pressure on pass plays more consistently than what we have there currently.

I wouldn't hate seeing that position selected early in the draft if a good prospect emerges.

Those guys are few and far between. Not every draft is gonna have even 1 of those type of players and once they are found, they rarely hit free agency. The Aaron Donald, Chris Jones types of players which have size to hold up against the run and consistently get to the passer are like unicorns in the NFL.

(10-01-2021, 10:44 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-01-2021, 10:32 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Well, 3 of our starting offensive linemen will be free agents next year so that's probably the biggest priority.

Then you've got:
CB
Edge/OLB
TE
WR

Those guys are few and far between. Not every draft is gonna have even 1 of those type of players and once they are found, they rarely hit free agency. The Aaron Donald, Chris Jones types of players which have size to hold up against the run and consistently get to the passer are like unicorns in the NFL.

As indicated in my post. I almost added "we need our poor man's Aaron Donald" to illustrate the point but I figured the phrase in red made clear there may not be one in this draft.

1. DE Pass rush
2. Pass coverage linebacker
3. Game breaking WR
4. TE (like Arnold but still think we need more)
5. Corner