Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
A quarter in to the season, how would you list our top 5 needs?

Where's Bill Burr when you need him?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Pass rusher
Secondary
Interior lineman
Tight end
Kicker?
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(10-02-2021, 03:43 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-02-2021, 03:38 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Difference of opinion. I believe they are extremely similar. A RB is only as good as his offensive line is, at run blocking. That is why you NEVER take one in round 1.

Some teams missed.  Kamara, Cook, Hunt, McCaffrey, Henry etc. aren't worth 1st round picks to you?

...if you know nobody is going to take them till the 3rd or 4th, why the heck would you pick them earlier? This is the neverending argument about BAP/value/targeted selections. You move to where the player fits, or at least fits better. If you are enamored with a player, and most think he's going early in the third, sure, move around in the 2th and maybe get an extra pick for the sake of sliding back. Wouldn't you rather have two possible home runs instead of settling for just one?

Are you saying we should have spent a third on JRob, since that's is in the vicinity of some of the better RB that happen to be successful?

(This post was last modified: 10-04-2021, 08:32 AM by Mikey.)

(10-02-2021, 08:24 PM)wg171 Wrote:
(10-02-2021, 03:59 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote: Baalke being with the Jaguars for one year (particularly when he wasn't the top person in charge) bothers me less than his record as GM with San Francisco.  The team's records went as follows:

Year 1:  13-3
Year 2:  11-4-1
Year 3:  12-4
Year 4:  8-8
Year 5:  5-11
Year 6:  2-14

Is it hard to see the trend?  The longer he was there, the worst the team got.  One of the reasons I didn't want us to hire Urban Meyer was because no good GM would want the job with Meyer clearly having control.  I wanted the team to go hire the absolute best GM candidate and then let him pick his coach.  This team had a lot of resources this off-season and was primed to make major improvements this year.  With the exception of Lawrence who was a no-brainer, Meyer/Baalke have largely squandered it.

I’ve never cared for any HC having total control. GM should be hired first and allowed to bring in his guy. GM should have final say on personnel decisions although the HC should have input.

I don’t want anyone associated with this teams past drafts around. Yes, DC should have been fired much sooner.

I might suggest that Cleveland is bucking this trend, but on the whole I agree. In CLE, Stefanski was hired before Andrew Berry. However, Maker Bayfield preceded both of them, so the franchise-defining pick was already (they hoped) in place. In that situation, it may work out switching the order up.

(10-02-2021, 08:25 PM)Upper Wrote: It looks like we're going to need a head coach after this Urban stuff leaking tonight.

you just had to use that word, didn't you?

I don't wanna think about gross old men and their leakage problems at the cabaret

(This post was last modified: 10-08-2021, 05:36 AM by Portofino43. Edited 1 time in total.)

1) Pass rusher
2) A true #1 receiver
3) CB
4) TE
5) RG or RT
[Image: pqk1i5F.jpg]

Seriously. The defense has played better than expected but I think the jags need to add a couple more pieces on defense. I dont think the jags are that far away. We are not that far away. Dont give up on this season yet either. We could be in for some fun games still.

1. Head coach
2. DE
3. WR
4. OL
5. CB

(10-08-2021, 05:37 AM)Jag88 Wrote: Seriously. The defense has played better than expected but I think the jags need to add a couple more pieces on defense. I dont think the jags are that far away. We are not that far away. Dont give up on this season yet either. We could be in for some fun games still.

Ah the benefits of Rock Bottom expectations.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-01-2021, 10:32 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Well, 3 of our starting offensive linemen will be free agents next year so that's probably the biggest priority.
LT , LG primarily since there are RG candidates on the roster already.

Then you've got:
CB
Edge/OLB
TE
WR

I think they need a stud DT/Big End as well.
Someone strong against the run but able to get inside pressure on pass plays more consistently than what we have there currently.
I wouldn't hate seeing that position selected early in the draft if a good prospect emerges.

I'm updating this:

LT/LG - dependant on Little's development
Edge/OLB
Inside linebackers who can cover when isolated
TE
WR
Bonus:  Stud DT/3-4 End who can pressure better than what we have currently

I would put an extreme amount of resources into OL and TE. I want a dominant offense ASAP. The defensive can happen over time.

1) OT
2) Edge
3) IOL
4) TE
5) WR

Extend Norwell and Linder a bit. Resign Chark despite injury. Fingers crossed my 1st round 3rd down back ever plays.

1. LT
2. CB
3. DE
4. WR1
5. ILB

I would can Meyer after this year, dude is not cut out for the NFL. Same goes to bad knee Baalke, can we actually clean house for once? Please? No more hold overs in positions of importance.

(This post was last modified: 10-10-2021, 06:32 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(10-01-2021, 10:12 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(10-01-2021, 09:46 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: 1.  OLB/ edge
2. OLB/edge
3.  WR
4. CB
5. RG

Wild card:. LT

I like our safety position, I like the dline, we need pass rushers.  We also need a true number 1 WR.  I was a fan of Trevon Diggs coming out but last year he was horrible, hopefully Campbell can  start improving through out the year like Diggs did.  Diggs is looking like arguably the best corner in the game right now.  Hopefully Little will be ready next year also.  I'm confident in Quarteman as I think he can replace Jack.  A lot of needs right now but we need pass rush to help this defense and we need a true number 1 WR to help Trev are the biggest needs for this team imo.  Etienne will be a huge plus for our offense next year as well
You do this all the time. Diggs isn't arguably the best corner. He's not even close. He has had 3 good games. Relax.

However to answer your question. Pass rush and WR are the two biggest needs for this team by a mile. Teams can scheme to double Allen because Chaisson sucks (great trade BTW) and it was clear that our receivers just can't seperate. Even during scramble drills they can't get open.

Hoping for Kayvon in the draft and for the Jags to sign ARob or Godwin.
Not even close? Lol, you havent watched him play.  We know there isn't a player better than Ramsey to you lol. Take down the posters, he's gone.  Diggs is in consideration for defensive player of the year right now and has help change this Dallas defense.  Oh yeah, he just got another pick

Playmaker.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

1. head coach
2. defense corr.
3. offense corr.
4. GM
5. Head coach

1. Head Coach
2. Gm
3. Offensive Coordinator
4. Defense Coordinator
5. Pass Rush
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

#1 WR

Pass rusher.

(This post was last modified: 10-11-2021, 04:57 AM by TheO-LineMatters. Edited 2 times in total.)

These are in no particular order. They are just needs that should be filled. Take the BAP in the draft. God knows we could use help just about everywhere.

1. OLB/Edge Rusher (Someone who can consistently get to the passer.)

2. CB (Someone who is a true lockdown #1 cover guy.)

3. WR (Someone with speed to stretch the field as well as run good routes.)

4. ILB (Someone who can cover receivers as well as stuff the run. Neither of are current ILB's are good at ceverage.)

5. Safety (Someone who can actually cover TE's and RB's as well as wide receivers.)

6. LT/RT (Someone who has the ability to play LT or RT, in case Little doesn't pan out on the left side. I do this in free agency or via Trade. This is a terrible year to draft one.)

7. OG (Someone to replace Norwell after this season, as Bartch will most likely be replacing Cann. I wouldn't even be opposed to taking one in round 1, if the value is there.)

8. Center (Someone who can be the eventual replacement for Linder.)

9. TE (More competition. This is less of a need as Arnold seems to be coming along.)

10. Kicker (If Lambo continues struggling, this may move up much higher. I sign one in free agency. I hate wasting draft picks on Kickers.)

I think as of now our top needs are CB, edge rusher, and LB. And, of course, kicker.

The offense appears to be getting better, but we go through long stretches where the defense can't make a stop. Receivers are running wide open, and the opposing QB has all the time in the world. Our LBs can't cover a TE, our DBs get confused and out of position.

We could use a star player at almost any position other than QB or RB. I don't see any pro bowl candidates out there other than Trevor and JRob. Our next first round pick needs to be best player available.

(10-01-2021, 10:05 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: 1. Coach(es)
2. GM
3. Offense
4. Defense
5. Kicker

I'd put GM over coaches, but this sounds about right.  

We're pretty set at punter.

(This post was last modified: 10-11-2021, 08:29 AM by Cleatwood. Edited 1 time in total.)

(10-10-2021, 06:31 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-01-2021, 10:12 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: You do this all the time. Diggs isn't arguably the best corner. He's not even close. He has had 3 good games. Relax.

However to answer your question. Pass rush and WR are the two biggest needs for this team by a mile. Teams can scheme to double Allen because Chaisson sucks (great trade BTW) and it was clear that our receivers just can't seperate. Even during scramble drills they can't get open.

Hoping for Kayvon in the draft and for the Jags to sign ARob or Godwin.
Not even close? Lol, you havent watched him play.  We know there isn't a player better than Ramsey to you lol. Take down the posters, he's gone.  Diggs is in consideration for defensive player of the year right now and has help change this Dallas defense.  Oh yeah, he just got another pick
You're a creature of the moment. You praised Derek Carr after 3 weeks and then the next 2 weeks, Raiders lose. You proclaimed Metcalf the best WR in the league and then he proceeded to put up duds the 2nd half of the season.

Now your new crush is Diggs, who has played great, and he may just be the best corner in the league? He's not but because he's on a hot streak, you feel the need to say he's the best. Instead of jumping directly to "they're the best in the league", how about just saying they're playing great. This way you don't look like a fool when it all comes crashing down.