Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Fun Fact about Blake

Quote:I can't disagree with that notion.  Though I actually think Denard has a chance to be a decent spell-back vs S.D.'s defense, on the whole he's not the ideal #3 back. 

He requires his own brand of "specialized playbook" and nobody's got time for that for the #3.  I think Grey was gonna be that guy till he got banged up.

Watching him get owned in pass blocking was too much. You just can't have that happening in his third season in the league. He should have learned to get low and deliver the rising blow by now.

I guess Grey must still be injured or I'd think they'd have brought him in this week.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The record is a key indicator on Bortles. I think it speaks more to how bad the defense is though than Bortles.

Bortles has under 10 wins in his career, correct?

Gabbert has turned around his career in SF. He hasn't let the heavy hits and losing prevent him from contributing to winning there. He has not statistically improved.

Quote:Another pointlessly stupid stat that says more about how crappy the coaching and game planning is than Bortles.

I'm 2015 his TDs by quarter were 2, 10, 9, 14. The team has continually started slow during Gus' tenure thanks to stupidity like "wanting to establish the run."

Blake and the teams biggest problems have been due to talent around him and losing coaching, not Blake himself.

Yeah that's what I thought too we always start slow.

No Fun

Quote:Watching him get owned in pass blocking was too much. You just can't have that happening in his third season in the league. He should have learned to get low and deliver the rising blow by now.

I guess Grey must still be injured or I'd think they'd have brought him in this week.

On passing downs I want to vomit if Denard is in the game. He doesn't block well, he can't engage then release for a screen, he isn't great in open lanes as a slasher or cut back guy. He's an around the edge runner.

Quote:You do realize they spend a week formulating a game plan specific to each match-up and all week that plan included Ivory and his skill-set, right?

There's just a little bit more going on than just drafting a talented player and throwing him on the field.

But I'm sure Greg Olson has no clue what he's talking about when he says tailoring the run game to Yeldon this week will help.
I really try, but it's like they can't see the forest for the trees...it must be better to be angry than understand.

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2016, 07:43 PM by C'MON JAGS.)

Quote:Bortles has had 8 300+ yard games in his career. He is 0-8 in those games.

Let's hope he doesn't go over 300 tomorrow.

After today's game he is 0-9 in 300+ yard passing games.

That is quite possibly an NFL record for 300+ yard passing games and no wins.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Fun fact about the Jags:

Bortles leads the NFL in passing yards and 31st in scoring defense.

Only inept people don't see the problem.

Quote:Fun fact about the Jags:

Bortles leads the NFL in passing yards and 31st in scoring defense.

Only inept people don't see the problem.

Even Stevie Wonders could see That BB5 was A major problem today...
[Image: giphy.gif]

I love Blake as much as anyone.  But he had a bad day today. It's okay. He'll bounce back.

My major worry with the offense is the lack of running game and the penalties.

Quote:Even Stevie Wonders could see That BB5 was A major problem today...
He was today. He wasn't last week. 

^^Dude, Bortles was brutal today until the start of the 4th qtr when the Jags were already down 35-0.

They didn't even convert a single 3rd down until the very end of the 3rd qtr.

The whole team was pitiful.

I will say, BB basically has no chance at real success until this pitiful O-line finally starts resembling an NFL squad.

It's alright to say Bortles was bad today. It happens. All QBs have bad games, even the greatest QBs of all time had played some "stinkers".

Quote:Damn, that sucks, sounds like garbage time stats
It sounds like it because it is. You can't be a great QB without accuracy. He is like a slightly more NFL ready Tebow. The guy can't throw a spiral and we picked him third overall.

"Snow and cold may have stopped the armies of Hitler and Napoleon, but they won't slow down the Jaguars. "
;

;
-Steve Sabol

Quote:I'd guess about 4.5 per carry and 35 yards receiving.

He was hovering around 2 YPC until he broke a 15 yarder totaling 7 carries and an astounding 28 yards rushing.

Clearly, I was wrong.

Quote:He was hovering around 2 YPC until he broke a 15 yarder totaling 7 carries and an astounding 28 yards rushing.

Clearly, I was wrong.

Well, yeah,  clearly you were wrong.  I was wrong as well. 

But you can't just cherry pick the stats of the game to support your argument.  The 15 yard run happened, and it counts and it affects the average. 

C'mon.... that's lame.