Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Thibodeaux & Hutchinson

https://www.si.com/college/2022/01/12/or...-education

Quote:“If I go to Alabama, I'm gonna win national championships,” Thibodeaux said. “But do I want to be a guy who's known to be a national champion winner, or do I want to be a guy who's known for being a part of one of the greatest organizations in the world?”

Thibodeaux added he believes Nike helps Oregon football players get jobs even after they leave the program.

The above quote really stuck out to me.
Not sure if he would be a good fit for Jacksonville

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-14-2022, 12:07 PM)jagshype Wrote: https://www.si.com/college/2022/01/12/or...-education

Quote:“If I go to Alabama, I'm gonna win national championships,” Thibodeaux said. “But do I want to be a guy who's known to be a national champion winner, or do I want to be a guy who's known for being a part of one of the greatest organizations in the world?”

Thibodeaux added he believes Nike helps Oregon football players get jobs even after they leave the program.

I see nothing wrong with this quote what so ever. He's the BAP, imo. I'm gonna take the BAP.

(01-14-2022, 05:34 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-14-2022, 12:07 PM)jagshype Wrote: https://www.si.com/college/2022/01/12/or...-education

I see nothing wrong with this quote what so ever. He's the BAP, imo. I'm gonna take the BAP.

I just see it as him taking branding over winning. His quotes on Alabama's education dont sit well with me either.
He was really reaching in that interview. Felt like a tinge of eltisim.
In my opinion, that interview throws up red flags. I have doubts he would stick around for a 2nd contract and be a long-term player here in Jax

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2022, 06:29 PM by CanDoBetter. Edited 1 time in total.)

The draft means the players don't have a choice. On the other hand this is obviously someone who will try to force his way out at the earliest possible opportunity.

This is not an endorsement of any other candidate

(01-14-2022, 05:50 PM)jagshype Wrote:
(01-14-2022, 05:34 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I see nothing wrong with this quote what so ever. He's the BAP, imo. I'm gonna take the BAP.

I just see it as him taking branding over winning. His quotes on Alabama's education dont sit well with me either.
In my opinion, that interview throws up red flags. I have doubts he would stick around for a 2nd contract and be a long-term player here in Jax

The only other choice for me would be Hutchinson or a trade down. I have Thibodeaux as the BAP, but there isn't much separating him and Hutchinson, IMO.

(01-14-2022, 06:34 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-14-2022, 05:50 PM)jagshype Wrote: I just see it as him taking branding over winning. His quotes on Alabama's education dont sit well with me either.

The only other choice for me would be Hutchinson or a trade down. I have Thibodeaux as the BAP, but there isn't much separating him and Hutchinson, IMO.

I am taking Hutchinson over Thibodeaux. He should be able to command double teams on his side at this level. He has no quit in him. His game against Georgia doesn't look so bad now considering they pulled it off against Alabama. I still think his tape against the Buckeyes is outstanding. I think his overall effort and production last year was great. I see a lot of Jared Allen in his play style and motor. He would be a good fit down here. Would give Josh Allen and Duwuane Smoot more opportunities.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2022, 12:01 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

I'd be happy with Hutch, Thibs, or Neal. I'm really high on all 3. That's a good feing to have

Both look like great prospects, some of Thibs comments in the interview with Fox have me concerned if he was to land in Jacksonville, especially in are current position.

Isn’t Thibs a better fit for our D though if we keep a 3-4. Which I am hoping we do as well as keeping Cullen.

At this moment in time Hutch has my No.1 but is he the best fit for the scheme?

Hutch's 3 cone is the most important drill of any prospect this whole draft. That freaks list claims he's going to have an absolute bonkers 3 cone, but it doens't show up on the tape. I think Michigan cooks their books on it severely to get attention. They did the same thing stating Paye had an all time good 3 cone, and then he never did it in any pre draft workouts. If Hutch doesn't do the drill and tries to rest on the Michigan rumored number that will be a big red flag for me.

Looking like a white Andre Branch out there windmilling. I nominate White Windmill as his nickname.

https://twitter.com/_John_Shipley/status...4051250178

(01-18-2022, 05:33 PM)Upper Wrote: Looking like a white Andre Branch out there windmilling. I nominate White Windmill as his nickname.

I don't watch college football, but if that's how he normally pass rushes, you can't take that guy #1 overall...

(01-18-2022, 09:24 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(01-18-2022, 05:33 PM)Upper Wrote: Looking like a white Andre Branch out there windmilling. I nominate White Windmill as his nickname.

I don't watch college football, but if that's how he normally pass rushes, you can't take that guy #1 overall...

He wins with power, good hands, and inside counter moves. He doesn't win wiht speed, burst, or bend. He'll be a good player because he does have those strengths and he has a good motor as well, but I don't think he will be a star. Agree I wouldn't take him #1 overall.

Still waiting on this freaks list 3 cone to show up on film. I think Michigan lies.

Its Thibodeaux as the clear cut #1 - and it always has been for me.

He's a difference maker and his talent definitely translates on the field from film. He has tremendous explosion off the snap, knows how to bend/dip through the edge and locate his target to finish.

(This post was last modified: 01-18-2022, 09:52 PM by Upper. Edited 3 times in total.)

(01-18-2022, 09:44 PM)enigma Wrote: and locate his target to finish.

This is actually my biggest worry about Thibs (he is still comfortably my #1 too don't worry). I've seen a lot of clips where he wins extremely cleanly but doesn't finish the sack. A couple of examples from Shipley recently, but I've seen a lot like this:

https://twitter.com/_John_Shipley/status...4674619393

https://twitter.com/_John_Shipley/status...4821137415

If Hutch kills the combine, he's my guy

(This post was last modified: 01-24-2022, 06:19 PM by ATLjag. Edited 1 time in total.)

Next to Daniel Jeremiah's first mock draft just posted on NFL.com, there is a video of Jeremiah's high level take on the draft. He thinks the draft lacks the elite of the elite type of players for the top of the draft, but has great depth in picks 15-60 range. He is asked who the top player is in the draft, and he says absolutely Hutchinson...indicating he is not the elite Bosa/Young/Garrett level to threaten 18 sacks a year, but a high floor/safe pick that will consistently get you 8-10 sacks per year.

On a further note, he thinks WR is the deepest position in the draft, with 7 guys currently having a 1st round grade from him. The weakest position in the draft is QB, with none being ranked in the top 10 (Pickett being the best likely around 15th spot on the board).

(This post was last modified: 01-24-2022, 06:35 PM by StrayaJag. Edited 1 time in total.)

Thib

www.youtube.com/watch?v=_p2McW4hNG0

Hutch

www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmmkfk4obL8

Im leaning towards thib at this stage

I'll be happy with any of the three of Thibs, Hutch, and Neal with the preference of trading back but who knows how realistic that is

If it's between the two passrushers, I'm going Thibs. Hutchinson's highlights on the above clip show a lot of instances where the entire Michigan D-line is demolishing the opposing O-line and racing to the QB to see who gets there first. I think that detracts a bit from it being just a Hutchinson highlight. Also saw some coverage sacks. That is highlighting his motor of continuing to try to get to the QB, but the ball should have been gone earlier on a couple of those plays shown so again I'm not as impressed with him specifically with that. Thibideaux's highlight reel above on the other hand had many more instances of him beating his guy and being the sole guy getting into the back field and to the QB and making a play. It's a lot more impressive to me. Also as mentioned on the comparison with each of their abilities to bend, it's a night and day difference for me. I don't watch a lot of college football, but based on the above clips it's pretty clear who the better prospect is.

If Thibs ends up being a problem for not wanting to be here, he won't show that for a couple of years and he better be one of the best pass rushers in the league if he thinks he has the leverage to force his way out. That's a lot of speculation and filling in the blanks to worry about at draft time. I wouldn't worry about it and if that scenario plays out at least you're getting multiple firsts for him in trade years down the road. I don't think it will happen though as I believe we'll be a functional, winning organization for many years beginning in the near future and guys don't tend to do that sort of thing when that's going on. I'll spend some more time looking at the two, but I'm not sure I need to based on what I just watched. Also need to look at Neal and some other top prospects before making my final call on who I think it should be, but Hutchinson probably shouldn't be number 1.