Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Thibodeaux & Hutchinson

Hutch is my guy providing he tests well. Can’t replace that motor. Also can win more than one way, Thib seems to be a one trick pony speed rusher.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-25-2022, 04:08 PM)CanDoBetter Wrote: https://twitter.com/ShopTalkingWigg/stat...5739021314

That's fine with me. I have Thibodeaux ahead of Hutchinson by a nose. I think both will be stars in the NFL though, so whichever one we take, I will be happy.

After Thibs destroys his combine or pro day and Hutchinson comes up with some excuse to skip the 3 cone it should become Thibs universally.

With Doug here, who do you think he would like to get in FA? Eagles oline was the biggest reason for success the year they won the SB. Ertz was a big part too. Their defense was the biggest reason though. One of the bad things about Spielmen is his whole time with the Vikings he never really built a good oline, not to say he didn't try though. He drafted Darrisaw in the 1st just last year, drafted a center in the first round 3 years ago, drafted Cleveland in the 2nd round 2 years ago. Spielman doesn't shy away from drafting oline early, that's for sure.

Did anyone see the East/West Shrine game last night? There was some good receiving and TE talent on display that we should consider in the later rounds. Tay Martin, Josh Johnson, Samori Toure, Charleston Rambo and Tyquan Thornton all came up with some very impressive catches and TE Jelani Woods had a very good game as well, both as a blocker and as a receiver. I was mostly impressed by Martin, Johnson and Woods.

(This post was last modified: 02-10-2022, 06:28 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 2 times in total.)

(01-25-2022, 08:30 PM)Upper Wrote: After Thibs destroys his combine or pro day and Hutchinson comes up with some excuse to skip the 3 cone it should become Thibs universally.

I've watched a few highlights of both of them and they both look like very good players.  One think I noticed was that Hutchinson seems to use his hands really well.  

People seem to think Hutchinson puts out more consistent effort than Thibodeaux, that Thibodeaux takes some plays off.   Also, I would note that Thibodeaux had 7 sacks in 10 games last year, while Hutchinson played a full season and had 14 sacks.  

What do you say to that?

(02-10-2022, 06:26 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(01-25-2022, 08:30 PM)Upper Wrote: After Thibs destroys his combine or pro day and Hutchinson comes up with some excuse to skip the 3 cone it should become Thibs universally.

I've watched a few highlights of both of them and they both look like very good players.  One think I noticed was that Hutchinson seems to use his hands really well.  

People seem to think Hutchinson puts out more consistent effort than Thibodeaux, that Thibodeaux takes some plays off.   Also, I would note that Thibodeaux had 7 sacks in 10 games last year, while Hutchinson played a full season and had 14 sacks.  

What do you say to that?

I've said a ton that Hutch's strengths are hands, power, and motor. The only thing I question about Hutch is his bend and burst...which to be fair is extremely important. Fortunately he said he is going to do everything at the combine so I'll either be proven right or I'll have to go back and look as to why he has those traits but they don't show up on the field. I just can't square how someone who has the legendary 3 cone that Hutch has also windmills around the corner like Andre Branch 2.0. This is a really damning clip!

https://twitter.com/_John_Shipley/status...4051250178

I don't recall noticing Thibs taking a lot of plays off. I also don't care a ton about overall sack totals as everyone knows. There is so much noise in sacks. I much prefer pressures, and even moreso pressure %...and Thibs led the entire NCAA in that.

https://twitter.com/Jordan_Reid/status/1...6514416651

Thibs talks taxes.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...ic-reason/

(02-10-2022, 10:28 AM)Upper Wrote:
(02-10-2022, 06:26 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I've watched a few highlights of both of them and they both look like very good players.  One think I noticed was that Hutchinson seems to use his hands really well.  

What do you say to that?

I've said a ton that Hutch's strengths are hands, power, and motor. The only thing I question about Hutch is his bend and burst...which to be fair is extremely important. Fortunately he said he is going to do everything at the combine so I'll either be proven right or I'll have to go back and look as to why he has those traits but they don't show up on the field. I just can't square how someone who has the legendary 3 cone that Hutch has also windmills around the corner like Andre Branch 2.0. This is a really damning clip!

https://twitter.com/_John_Shipley/status...4051250178

I don't recall noticing Thibs taking a lot of plays off. I also don't care a ton about overall sack totals as everyone knows. There is so much noise in sacks. I much prefer pressures, and even moreso pressure %...and Thibs led the entire NCAA in that.

https://twitter.com/Jordan_Reid/status/1...6514416651
Bonitto is a good one. Would be thrilled if he's still on the board in RD3.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I just can't get out of my mind how much of a non factor Hutchinson was against Alabama. This got me to wondering about both these guys. How will they fare when they do come up against quality tackles at the pro level....
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(02-12-2022, 09:23 AM)Jag149 Wrote: I just can't get out of my mind how much of a non factor Hutchinson was against Alabama. This got me to wondering about both these guys. How will they fare when they do come up against quality tackles at the pro level....

Hutchinson played against Georgia this past post season.

I think what bothered me was that both of those Michigan edge rushers were handled buy a guy in Salyer that projects to NFL G, in part because of a lack of length.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We have to take Hutch at 1 imo and I'm big on Neal. I think Hutch is going to be special. I'm not going to let 1 game discredit what he did all season. One of their top priorities on offense was to slow Hutch. If we can get a guy where the other teams offense has to scheme for to slow down I want him.

(02-12-2022, 08:30 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: One of their top priorities on offense was to slow Hutch.

Tell me you didn't watch much Thibs without telling me you didn't watch much Thibs.

(02-12-2022, 09:27 PM)Upper Wrote:
(02-12-2022, 08:30 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: One of their top priorities on offense was to slow Hutch.

Tell me you didn't watch much Thibs without telling me you didn't watch much Thibs.

Because I'd take Hutch?  Ok lol.  You've only seen one play from a tweet that Shipley posted on Hutch.  If we were in a 4-3 I'd take Thibs.  I like Thibs, Hutch, and Neal.  Really wouldn't be upset with any

(02-13-2022, 10:47 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-12-2022, 09:27 PM)Upper Wrote: Tell me you didn't watch much Thibs without telling me you didn't watch much Thibs.

Because I'd take Hutch?  Ok lol.  You've only seen one play from a tweet that Shipley posted on Hutch.  If we were in a 4-3 I'd take Thibs.  I like Thibs, Hutch, and Neal.  Really wouldn't be upset with any

Because you think that Hutch faced an inordinate amount of attention from the other team despite having another first round EDGE opposite him.

Thibs faced a lot more extra blocker/chip help than Hutch did.

(02-13-2022, 01:48 PM)Upper Wrote:
(02-13-2022, 10:47 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Because I'd take Hutch?  Ok lol.  You've only seen one play from a tweet that Shipley posted on Hutch.  If we were in a 4-3 I'd take Thibs.  I like Thibs, Hutch, and Neal.  Really wouldn't be upset with any

Because you think that Hutch faced an inordinate amount of attention from the other team despite having another first round EDGE opposite him.

Thibs faced a lot more extra blocker/chip help than Hutch did.

https://twitter.com/dpbrugler/status/147...IiF2v3jB_g

Can I see the numbers on Thibs facing a lot more extra blocker / chip help than Hutch?

(This post was last modified: 02-13-2022, 04:07 PM by Upper.)

I don't remember the right keywords to find it again, but around the same time as the Thibodeaux #1 pressure percent stat was going around there was one that showed Thibs was also #1 in receiving extra blocker/chip help.

Not sure if posted anywhere but was listening to the huddle up podcast with shadrick, oesher and bucky brooks from a few days ago (Think we are a week away from the combine if anyone wanted to go back to listen to exactly what they said). And Bucky Brooks said something interesting about this. And keep in mind the guy is a scout. Essentially that if he were picking a DE at the top of the draft, his guy would be Hutchinson. Which honestly really surprised me as I would have thought scouts would like Thibs' potential and athleticism. Now he did say he expects Hutchinson to test really well. Thinks his athleticism is underrated. So if Hutchinson goes out and bombs at the combine, I imagine that could change Bucky's tune. He did also say he thinks Hutchinson has a much higher floor than Thibs and if you are the Jags you need guys you know can play well even if not quite as high a ceiling. Anyways just thought that was interesting. I personally have no dog in the fight and don't particularly care one way or the other.

(02-25-2022, 06:52 PM)rfc17 Wrote: Not sure if posted anywhere but was listening to the huddle up podcast with shadrick, oesher and bucky brooks from a few days ago (Think we are a week away from the combine if anyone wanted to go back to listen to exactly what they said).  And Bucky Brooks said something interesting about this.  And keep in mind the guy is a scout.  Essentially that if he were picking a DE at the top of the draft, his guy would be Hutchinson.  Which honestly really surprised me as I would have thought scouts would like Thibs' potential and athleticism.  Now he did say he expects Hutchinson to test really well.  Thinks his athleticism is underrated.  So if Hutchinson goes out and bombs at the combine, I imagine that could change Bucky's tune.  He did also say he thinks Hutchinson has a much higher floor than Thibs and if you are the Jags you need guys you know can play well even if not quite as high a ceiling.  Anyways just thought that was interesting.  I personally have no dog in the fight and don't particularly care one way or the other.

To me Hutch is the safe pick and he will be an instant hit with the fans. Thibs, to me is a boom or bust pick.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]