Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Thibodeaux & Hutchinson

These are the first rounders for 2007 to 2020. The number of misses is stunning. This is why I have been harping about the scouting department. It needs a complete overhaul. I also can understand not jettisoning them for this year's draft with the new coaching staff coming in. But for the love of Pete, we need better scouts. Some of the scouts had been around for a very, very long time dating back to early 2000s. or sooner A couple of them did resign/.get let go after the draft but I think more winnowing out of the chaff is needed if we are ever going to get successful building through the draft again. As for 2022, form the looks of things Philly is going to have 3 first round picks and looks as if Hurts is not the answer. If we have 1st pick and they want a QB bad enough, maybe they will offer up those picks. Otherwise, stand pat and take Thib
2007 21 Reggie Nelson † DB Florida [3]
2008 8 Derrick Harvey DE [4]
2009 Eugene Monroe T Virginia
2010 10 Tyson Alualu DT California
2011 Blaine Gabbert QB Missouri
2012 5 Justin Blackmon WR Oklahoma State
2013 2 Luke Joeckel T Texas A&M [5]
2014 3 Blake Bortles QB UCF
2015 Dante Fowler DE Florida
2016 5 Jalen Ramsey † CB Florida State
2017 4 Leonard Fournette RB LSU
2018 29 Taven Bryan DT Florida
2019 7 Josh Allen † DE Kentucky
2020 9 C.J. Henderson CB Florida
20 K'Lavon Chaisson LB

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-16-2021, 05:57 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I'm gonna amend what I said about trading down. I still wanna do it, unless Kayvon Thibodeaux is on the board when we pick. I got a chance to see him tonight and that kid is special. He only played a half and he was dominant. He was blowing passed the Cal OT before he even got out of his stance. The OT got called for multiple holding calls, because the only chance he had was to grab Thibodeaux and tackle him to the ground. They even lined up 258 lb. Thibodeaux at 3 technique on a couple of plays and he cut through the OG and Center like they were a homecoming banner at a high school football game. This kid could be key to changing our defense. I really hope he is there when we pick, but it's a long season and I don't trust this regime to even get that pick right.
The dude had 11 pressures in just the 2nd half.

He’s an absolute monster and we will likely need the #1 pick to get him considering the QB class is so weak.

Like I said earlier, the ONLY way we're getting Thibodeaux is if we're picking 1st overall.

QBs will shoot up and down the draft board but the consensus ELITE player who warrants the first pick is Kayvon bar none.

Kayvon Thibodeaux is the only player I really really want from this looks of it. Evan Neal looks decent too.

I'm also hoping one of these QB's really tear it up, and the demand for the #1 pick is massive. The eagles 3 first round picks look mighty tempting.

(10-16-2021, 12:27 PM)High Octane Wrote: Kayvon Thibodeaux is the only player I really really want from this looks of it. Evan Neal looks decent too.

I'm also hoping one of these QB's really tear it up, and the demand for the #1 pick is massive. The eagles 3 first round picks look mighty tempting.

I definitely agree with your second point, however I think that this group of QBs are in the same talent pool with none of them standing out from one another so far in the year.

And for that reason, I think a team like the Eagles might remain content with where they are with their draft picks as things currently stand.

(This post was last modified: 10-17-2021, 09:23 AM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

Thibodeaux is a monster and corner is one of the deepest positions in this draft imo. With the addition of Thibodeaux and I feel a really good corner will be there at our pick, It can change this defense in 1 off-season. Of course with as may picks as we have we will add a couple more pieces as well

Well, now that we won, Thibodeaux is probably no longer in play. So, I would definitely trade down with the highest bidder. Get as many picks as possible and try to turn this thing around, quickly. There will be a lot of really good players in this draft, but Thibodeaux was the only one that was "special."

(10-17-2021, 01:27 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Well, now that we won, Thibodeaux is probably no longer in play. So, I would definitely trade down with the highest bidder. Get as many picks as possible and try to turn this thing around, quickly. There will be a lot of really good players in this draft, but Thibodeaux was the only one that was "special."

Still a long way to go.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 10-17-2021, 02:17 PM by enigma. Edited 1 time in total.)

Thibodeaux is still in play because we're a 1 win team that barely scraped by a decimated 1-4 Dolphins team over in London.

It's no different than how we were still in play for Lawrence lol... There's a long season ahead of us.

We're going to be in contention for the 1st overall pick regardless of this win against the Phins unfortunately.

(This post was last modified: 10-17-2021, 02:22 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

Thibs would be great but Neal and Stingley would be huge additions as well. But still a lot of games left to know where we will be picking. The Lions will win a game

(10-17-2021, 02:04 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(10-17-2021, 01:27 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Well, now that we won, Thibodeaux is probably no longer in play. So, I would definitely trade down with the highest bidder. Get as many picks as possible and try to turn this thing around, quickly. There will be a lot of really good players in this draft, but Thibodeaux was the only one that was "special."

Still a long way to go.

True. I'm just sitting here watching the Bengals/Lions game and I'm wondering how/if the Lions ever win. They are terrible. The defense is pathetic, they have no run game and their best receiver is actually their TE. I kinda feel sorry for Jared Goff. The Lions could REALLY use Thibodeaux as well.

(10-17-2021, 02:21 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Thibs would be great but Neal and Stingley would be huge additions as well.  But still a lot of games left to know where we will be picking.  The Lions will win a game

Honestly, I don't see anything special about Leal. He's a poor man's Jonathan Allen. I think he'll be a good NFL player, just not worthy of a top 10 selection type good. Stingley isn't even my favorite CB in this class. I'd much rather have Ahmad Gardner.

(10-17-2021, 03:42 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-17-2021, 02:21 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Thibs would be great but Neal and Stingley would be huge additions as well.  But still a lot of games left to know where we will be picking.  The Lions will win a game

Honestly, I don't see anything special about Leal. He's a poor man's Jonathan Allen. I think he'll be a good NFL player, just not worthy of a top 10 selection type good. Stingley isn't even my favorite CB in this class. I'd much rather have Ahmad Gardner.
I said Neal not Leal.  I like Gardner too as well as Elam.  All 3 are really good corners, there are a few other good ones as well

(10-17-2021, 02:16 PM)enigma Wrote: Thibodeaux is still in play because we're a 1 win team that barely scraped by a decimated 1-4 Dolphins team over in London.

It's no different than how we were still in play for Lawrence lol... There's a long season ahead of us.

We're going to be in contention for the 1st overall pick regardless of this win against the Phins unfortunately.

The dolphins will get some good players back from injury and become better later on. The Jaguars probably won't get anyone back that makes a major difference. All we have is Trevor's growth.

Jaguars probably have 2 or 3 winnable games left on the schedule and it's not like they're assured of winning those. The first overall pick is definitely still in play.

(10-17-2021, 04:14 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-17-2021, 03:42 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Honestly, I don't see anything special about Leal. He's a poor man's Jonathan Allen. I think he'll be a good NFL player, just not worthy of a top 10 selection type good. Stingley isn't even my favorite CB in this class. I'd much rather have Ahmad Gardner.
I said Neal not Leal.  I like Gardner too as well as Elam.  All 3 are really good corners, there are a few other good ones as well

Evan Neal? I wouldn't even spend a first round pick on him. The more I watch him, the less I like him. He lunges too much and he gets caught off balance on too many plays. I hate this OT class. I wouldn't take any OT from this class in the first round. There are a few interior O-Linemen that I like, Kenyon Green, Ikem Ekwonu and Tyler Linderbaum, but this is a terrible OT class. 

This is a pretty deep CB class. Personally, I would trade down and target Ahmad Gardner or one of the Top WR's like Chris Olave, Drake London or David Bell. I am also pretty intrigued by Jalen Tolbert. If he is there in round 2, I'd be tempted to take him. The WR class is very top heavy, but not very deep.

(10-17-2021, 05:07 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-17-2021, 04:14 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I said Neal not Leal.  I like Gardner too as well as Elam.  All 3 are really good corners, there are a few other good ones as well

Evan Neal? I wouldn't even spend a first round pick on him. The more I watch him, the less I like him. He lunges too much and he gets caught off balance on too many plays. I hate this OT class. I wouldn't take any OT from this class in the first round. There are a few interior O-Linemen that I like, Kenyon Green, Ikem Ekwonu and Tyler Linderbaum, but this is a terrible OT class. 

This is a pretty deep CB class. Personally, I would trade down and target Ahmad Gardner or one of the Top WR's like Chris Olave, Drake London or David Bell. I am also pretty intrigued by Jalen Tolbert. If he is there in round 2, I'd be tempted to take him. The WR class is very top heavy, but not very deep.
Yes Evan Neal, we know you wouldn't you have said that multiple times.  I'm not a fan of the WR class personally. This is a good class to need a corner in though.

Lions seem like they are destined for the first pick and they will reach for a quarterback. Goff isn't great and the Lions will pass on the BAP to take their quarterback of the future. There will likely be 3 or 4 contenders, including the Jaguars, for the number 2 pick. I wouldn't be shocked if the Jaguars/Jets game late in December determines which team ends up with Thibodeaux. If that does happen, many on this Board will hope we "tank for Kayvon."

(10-17-2021, 08:14 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:

Lions seem like they are destined for the first pick and they will reach for a quarterback. Goff isn't great and the Lions will pass on the BAP to take their quarterback of the future. There will likely be 3 or 4 contenders, including the Jaguars, for the number 2 pick. I wouldn't be shocked if the Jaguars/Jets game late in December determines which team ends up with Thibodeaux. If that does happen, many on this Board will hope we "tank for Kayvon."

I don't think so. Goff isn't anywhere close to being a problem on that team. I couldn't even name 2 of the Lions' starting WR's and they can't get anything going on the ground. Not to mention just how pathetic that defense is. Give Goff some help and that team could be competitive. I'd take Goff over any QB in the next draft, by a mile.

If KT is gone and no trade partner can be found who is your pick??

(10-17-2021, 11:10 PM)wg171 Wrote: If KT is gone and no trade partner can be found who is your pick??

Right now, it would be Hutchinson. He'd be the next best pass rusher after Thibodeaux. Of course, it's a long season and things will likely change between now and the draft.