Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Thibodeaux & Hutchinson

(10-25-2021, 11:08 AM)Upper Wrote: We're down to pick #5 now, probably should start jumping on the Hutchinson train.

Hopefully we beat Seattle to put us down a little more

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-25-2021, 11:08 AM)Upper Wrote: We're down to pick #5 now, probably should start jumping on the Hutchinson train.

Personally, if I am going BAP at 5. (I'm assuming the draft would look like this if it were held today.)

1. Detroit- Kayvon Thibodeaux, OLB, Oregon
2. Philadelphia (Via Mia)- Derek Stingley, CB, LSU
3. Houston- Matt Corral, QB, Mississippi
4. New York Jets- Evan Neal, OT, Alabama
5. Jacksonville- Kyle Hamilton, S, Notre Dame

Hamilton is the BAP and in this scenario and would give us a good Safety duo with him and Cisco, assuming this clueless coaching staff finally sees that Cisco is a much better Safety than Wingard. With that said, I still prefer to trade down.

(10-25-2021, 02:56 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

Hopefully we beat Seattle to put us down a little more

It's doable with Wilson being out.

Let's hope we can snap this west coast curse we have.

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2021, 07:19 PM by hailtoyourvictor.)

Hutchinson is the real deal

(10-25-2021, 05:00 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

Personally, if I am going BAP at 5. (I'm assuming the draft would look like this if it were held today.)

1. Detroit- Kayvon Thibodeaux, OLB, Oregon
2. Philadelphia (Via Mia)- Derek Stingley, CB, LSU
3. Houston- Matt Corral, QB, Mississippi
4. New York Jets- Evan Neal, OT, Alabama
5. Jacksonville- Kyle Hamilton, S, Notre Dame

Hamilton is the BAP and in this scenario and would give us a good Safety duo with him and Cisco, assuming this clueless coaching staff finally sees that Cisco is a much better Safety than Wingard. With that said, I still prefer to trade down.

If the board falls like that we would get one of the four blue chippers in this class at this point, so sure. Hutchinson is the top of the next tier so if the board falls like it might I would be cool with that.

(10-25-2021, 05:18 PM)enigma Wrote:
(10-25-2021, 02:56 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Hopefully we beat Seattle to put us down a little more

It's doable with Wilson being out.

Yea. Seattle isn’t special without Wilson but the West Coast curse is real.

(10-25-2021, 07:44 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(10-25-2021, 05:18 PM)enigma Wrote: It's doable with Wilson being out.

Yea. Seattle isn’t special without Wilson but the West Coast curse is real.

I fully expect us to beat Seattle. They have a below average secondary and they are terrible against the run. Robinson should have a big game and with the great improvements Trevor has shown, even with a so-so receiving corps, this should definitely be one for the win column.

(10-26-2021, 10:50 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-25-2021, 07:44 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Yea. Seattle isn’t special without Wilson but the West Coast curse is real.

I fully expect us to beat Seattle. They have a below average secondary and they are terrible against the run. Robinson should have a big game and with the great improvements Trevor has shown, even with a so-so receiving corps, this should definitely be one for the win column.
And yet the Saints (who are a better team than the Jags) only managed to score 13 and win by 3.

(10-26-2021, 11:32 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(10-26-2021, 10:50 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I fully expect us to beat Seattle. They have a below average secondary and they are terrible against the run. Robinson should have a big game and with the great improvements Trevor has shown, even with a so-so receiving corps, this should definitely be one for the win column.
And yet the Saints (who are a better team than the Jags) only managed to score 13 and win by 3.

I believe our offense is much better than the Saints right now. Their defense is worlds better than ours, but Trevor is a better QB than Jameis, even at this point in his development and we have much better receivers (which isn't saying much, but the Saints currently have no one.) Kamara and Robinson are definitely two different types of RB's, but both are very effective at what they do, so RB is a wash.

(10-26-2021, 11:32 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(10-26-2021, 10:50 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I fully expect us to beat Seattle. They have a below average secondary and they are terrible against the run. Robinson should have a big game and with the great improvements Trevor has shown, even with a so-so receiving corps, this should definitely be one for the win column.

It was raining and windy there last night. That weather makes it much harder on the offense

(10-26-2021, 02:52 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-26-2021, 11:32 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: And yet the Saints (who are a better team than the Jags) only managed to score 13 and win by 3.

I believe our offense is much better than the Saints right now. Their defense is worlds better than ours, but Trevor is a better QB than Jameis, even at this point in his development and we have much better receivers (which isn't saying much, but the Saints currently have no one.) Kamara and Robinson are definitely two different types of RB's, but both are very effective at what they do, so RB is a wash.
I’m not necessarily disagreeing with much of what you say but I wouldn’t “fully expect” anything from this team at this point.

Their only win is against a 1-6 team. Anytime you play in Seattle, it’s gonna be a battle.

(This post was last modified: 10-30-2021, 03:13 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Gonna watch big number 99 today on Georgia. Davis is a monster every game I watch. Gonna see how he does against Florida, he could be in play for our 1st pick as well

I watched Michigan vs. Michigan State today. What a game! Kenneth Walker III is a beast!

(10-30-2021, 03:13 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Gonna watch big number 99 today on Georgia.  Davis is a monster every game I watch.  Gonna see how he does against Florida, he could be in play for our 1st pick as well

I was thinking the same thing.Him next to Hamilton?

Our front three would be dominant.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Tufele-Davis-Hamilton. With Brown and RRH as depth

(10-30-2021, 06:42 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I watched Michigan vs. Michigan State today. What a game! Kenneth Walker III is a beast!

I did too. Sick 

What a collapse. Is Harbaugh college's version of Jeff Fisher?

(This post was last modified: 11-01-2021, 01:53 PM by Kane.)

(10-26-2021, 02:52 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-26-2021, 11:32 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: And yet the Saints (who are a better team than the Jags) only managed to score 13 and win by 3.

Holy crap this aged well.

(11-01-2021, 10:18 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(10-30-2021, 06:42 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I watched Michigan vs. Michigan State today. What a game! Kenneth Walker III is a beast!

I did too. Sick 

Yeah I dunno but whos seat is hotter at this moment? Harbaugh or Mullen?
I think both should be fired.
Either way, Harbaughs collapse made me money. So thank God for that.

(11-01-2021, 01:51 PM)Kane Wrote:
(10-26-2021, 02:52 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I believe our offense is much better than the Saints right now. Their defense is worlds better than ours, but Trevor is a better QB than Jameis, even at this point in his development and we have much better receivers (which isn't saying much, but the Saints currently have no one.) Kamara and Robinson are definitely two different types of RB's, but both are very effective at what they do, so RB is a wash.
Holy crap this aged well.

(11-01-2021, 10:18 AM)Mikey Wrote: I did too. Sick 

Yeah I dunno but whos seat is hotter at this moment? Harbaugh or Mullen?
I think both should be fired.
Either way, Harbaughs collapse made me money. So thank God for that.

I was obviously living in a fantasy world. Reality gave me a hard smack in the face yesterday. This team is a mess! At this point, I'm almost hoping we finish 1-16, so Khan will feel so pressured to fire everyone or look like an even bigger fool than he already is. We've literally got a QB, RB and DE/OLB to build around and that's it. Maybe a NT and CB too, but literally everyone else on this team is totally expendable. The entire coaching staff is completely incompetent and I'm afraid if they stay much longer, they're gonna ruin Trevor Lawrence for the future. I keep telling other people to take off their rose colored glasses when looking at this team, but in this case, I got caught up in it as well. I actually thought we could beat several of the "bottom dwelling" teams in the league. I was wrong. The Dolphins win was obviously a fluke and next week against the Bills, it's just gonna get really, really ugly.

PFFs newest mock has Thibodeaux and Hutchinson 1 and 2, with us getting Hamilton at 4.

(11-01-2021, 02:38 PM)Upper Wrote: PFFs newest mock has Thibodeaux and Hutchinson 1 and 2, with us getting Hamilton at 4.

We are so devoid of talent and have so many holes, that if we can't get a superstar like Thibodeaux, we gotta trade down and accumulate picks. We absolutely must add good DE/OLB, a #1 WR, a cover corner and a coverage ILB just to to get to the level of being competitive. We aren't gonna find those type of players passed round 2 and we sure aren't gonna get any good free agents to come here given the current state of the team. I don't trust the current decision makers to pick good players, but I'm praying for a miracle that Khan sees the light and brings in a new GM and coaching staff before it's too late. Maybe I'm being a fool, but if we don't have hope, we have nothing.