Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
National Divorce?

National Divorce? 52% of Trump Supporters, 41% of Biden Voters Think It's Time for Red and Blue States to Secede

A new poll has found that a majority of voters who chose former President Donald Trump in the 2020 election are in favor of a national divorce, while roughly four in ten voters for President Joe Biden are in favor of the same idea.

https://www.westernjournal.com/national-...r-tPyWLpHc
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Works for me.

It's impossible. It would be sad if one in ten people thought this was a good idea. Four in ten is a tragedy.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(10-02-2021, 09:26 PM)mikesez Wrote: It's impossible. It would be sad if one in ten people thought this was a good idea.  Four in ten is a tragedy.

It's not impossible. The simple fact is that, at this point, we are either going to separate peaceably or violently. One way or another it's going to happen. And this ain't 1861 where the South has no manufacturing power. This time the entire "North" is dependent on the "South" for their daily bread.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

First order of business will he shipping Mike to the North.

At the state level, there are too many swing States for this to work. Too many states that have no clue which side they should go on.
When you look at county level voting results, it becomes even more complicated. Because the divide is not between north and south, the divide is between rural and urban. How could anyone ever make a country that is only urban areas?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(10-03-2021, 08:44 AM)mikesez Wrote: At the state level, there are too many swing States for this to work. Too many states that have no clue which side they should go on.
When you look at county level voting results, it becomes even more complicated. Because the divide is not between north and south, the divide is between rural and urban. How could anyone ever make a country that is only urban areas?

You realize the answer to your question is "violence", right?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Can one of you guys who is in favor of this explain how it would work? How would the country be divided up?

(10-03-2021, 09:24 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Can one of you guys who is in favor of this explain how it would work?  How would the country be divided up?

It's fantasy. Does it really matter?

(10-03-2021, 09:24 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Can one of you guys who is in favor of this explain how it would work?  How would the country be divided up?

We wouldn't have to if we got rid of the Federal Government.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(10-03-2021, 09:37 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:

It's fantasy. Does it really matter?

1861 waves from the corner.

(10-03-2021, 09:59 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-03-2021, 09:37 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: It's fantasy. Does it really matter?

1861 waves from the corner.

Whatever.

(10-03-2021, 10:02 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(10-03-2021, 09:59 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: 1861 waves from the corner.

Whatever.

I find it weird that you dismiss out of hand the possibility that this country could dissolve. Countries have been doing so throughout history and ours already attempted it once, yet you act like it just can't happen.

(10-03-2021, 10:05 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-03-2021, 10:02 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Whatever.

I find it weird that you dismiss out of hand the possibility that this country could dissolve. Countries have been doing so throughout history and ours already attempted it once, yet you act like it just can't happen.

Because the things dividing us today are piddling in comparison to the humanitarian crime occurring in this country 160 years ago. The effort to instigate a civil war was much greater and of deeper meaning in 1861 than millions of taunting and meaningless tweets today. People's passion run high when safely ensconced behind a keyboard in relative anonymity, but wane when confronted with voicing them in a public arena. Talk of divide today is a lazy person's game.

Additionally, people are no longer made of the same stuff. Let Amazon deliveries be delayed by a few days, or their internet or cell connections dropout, and there will be immediate compromise. People are soft and never more reliant on the national infrastructure. An infrastructure which has made talk cheaper than ever.

(10-03-2021, 10:37 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(10-03-2021, 10:05 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I find it weird that you dismiss out of hand the possibility that this country could dissolve. Countries have been doing so throughout history and ours already attempted it once, yet you act like it just can't happen.

Because the things dividing us today are piddling in comparison to the humanitarian crime occurring in this country 160 years ago. The effort to instigate a civil war was much greater and of deeper meaning in 1861 than millions of taunting and meaningless tweets today. People's passion run high when safely ensconced behind a keyboard in relative anonymity, but wane when confronted with voicing them in a public arena. Talk of divide today is a lazy person's game.

Additionally, people are no longer made of the same stuff. Let Amazon deliveries be delayed by a few days, or their internet or cell connections dropout, and there will be immediate compromise. People are soft and never more reliant on the national infrastructure. An infrastructure which has made talk cheaper than ever.

Again that assumes stability when history shows that humans are anything but. A national fight is coming, for the moment it's limited to the political arena and periodic rioting, but I don't see it staying that way much longer.

(10-03-2021, 10:57 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-03-2021, 10:37 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Because the things dividing us today are piddling in comparison to the humanitarian crime occurring in this country 160 years ago. The effort to instigate a civil war was much greater and of deeper meaning in 1861 than millions of taunting and meaningless tweets today. People's passion run high when safely ensconced behind a keyboard in relative anonymity, but wane when confronted with voicing them in a public arena. Talk of divide today is a lazy person's game.

Again that assumes stability when history shows that humans are anything but. A national fight is coming, for the moment it's limited to the political arena and periodic rioting, but I don't see it staying that way much longer.

If people could still conduct acts of revolt without fear of apprehension, I would agree with you. But with the proliferation of recording devices and tracking technology in today's world, I don't see it.

If you aren't trying to unite states, you're Anti America.

It's the United States of America.
It's good that people think differently.
It's sad that people don't understand that the real problem with the MSM is that's it's just trying to decide you.
Everyone wants very similar things. You just let McConnell, Shumer, Tucker and Rachel tell you that you have to hate others.

It's In The title. United. I don't know how you get around that.
s
;

;

(10-03-2021, 11:18 AM)Norman Mushari Wrote: If you aren't trying to unite states, you're Anti America.

It's the United States of America. 
It's good that people think differently.
It's sad that people don't understand that the real problem with the MSM is that's it's just trying to decide you.
Everyone wants very similar things.  You just let McConnell, Shumer, Tucker and Rachel tell you that you have to hate others.

It's In The title.  United.  I don't know how you get around that.

You're absolutely right. I think where the frustration begins to arise is the organizations which bills themselves as arbiters of truth are openly biased and have a clear agenda. Even the entities used to circumvent them are increasingly in on the game. There's a lot of angst in this country but the pendulum swings in national mood and will. Revolt is not the answer.

There will never be a two stare option what I believe will happen is breakdown of the union and several smaller regional territories aligning as new nation states.

When the dollar collapses be it 10 years or 100 years the union comes apart, you’d have different regions realign to try and assemble some kind economy
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(10-03-2021, 03:34 PM)EricC85 Wrote: There will never be a two stare option what I believe will happen is breakdown of the union and several smaller regional territories aligning as new nation states.

When the dollar collapses be it 10 years or 100 years the union comes apart, you’d have different regions realign to try and assemble some kind economy

If and when that ever happens, we will be answering to our Chinese overlords.