Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Facebook Down!

Facebook has been down most of the day. I heard IG is down too. Maintenance or an attack? Anyone have any info?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-04-2021, 03:54 PM)Dimson Wrote: Facebook has been down most of the day. I heard IG is down too. Maintenance or an attack? Anyone have any info?

WhatsApp too.. makes sense I guess.. Instagram and WhatsApp are both owned by Facebook..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

(10-04-2021, 03:55 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote:
(10-04-2021, 03:54 PM)Dimson Wrote: Facebook has been down most of the day. I heard IG is down too. Maintenance or an attack? Anyone have any info?

WhatsApp too.. makes sense I guess.. Instagram and WhatsApp are both owned by Facebook..

You know if it is an attack?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(10-04-2021, 04:01 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(10-04-2021, 03:55 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: WhatsApp too.. makes sense I guess.. Instagram and WhatsApp are both owned by Facebook..

You know if it is an attack?

No idea.. I doubt it though.. it’s happened before..

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

I hope that it's permanent.  Twitter should be the next one to go.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

No great loss.

Where will Ronster go for his 'facts' now?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

There was a FB whistleblower on 60 Minutes last night so they're probably trying to do damage control.

How would we live without social media?  Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. are "essential" for a lot of people.  To me it's all garbage.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(10-04-2021, 05:01 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I hope that it's permanent.  Twitter should be the next one to go.

Yes please!!

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(This post was last modified: 10-04-2021, 07:24 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

Thread title needs a few more explanations.  We all should rejoice!

(10-04-2021, 05:20 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:

There was a FB whistleblower on 60 Minutes last night so they're probably trying to do damage control.

Yea, tweaking those 'fair and balanced' algorithms to better save the world and insure our freedom..

Everytime I think of 'Big Tech' these days, i think of 'IGY' by Donald Fagan, and the tongue-in-cheek
lyrics
'Just machines to make big descisions'
'Programmed by fellows with compassion and vision'
'We'll be clean when thier work is done'
We'll be eternally free and eternally young'

The man was a prophet
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

They locked themselves out of the internet lol.

(10-05-2021, 01:49 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: They locked themselves out of the internet lol.

https://twitter.com/damanr/status/144538...qVHuQ&s=19

Think about a massive major power outage.  Most people wouldn't be able to function.

(10-05-2021, 03:42 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Think about a massive major power outage.  Most people wouldn't be able to function.

Power outages and inclement weather is what I’m hoping for from the tropical storms/low grade hurricanes that never seem to hit.  I had a blast during Matthew and the other lady the following year.  

I say that not wishing harm or damage to others, just as a guy that got some gnarly weather and no power. So I hope people don’t take it the wrong way.

(10-05-2021, 06:38 PM)Jags Wrote:
(10-05-2021, 03:42 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Think about a massive major power outage.  Most people wouldn't be able to function.

Power outages and inclement weather is what I’m hoping for from the tropical storms/low grade hurricanes that never seem to hit.  I had a blast during Matthew and the other lady the following year.  

I say that not wishing harm or damage to others, just as a guy that got some gnarly weather and no power. So I hope people don’t take it the wrong way.

My line of thinking is this.  What would people do if all of the sudden all social media was gone?  No FaceBook, no Twitter, no Instagram, etc.?  Some people would probably go nuts.  Add to that what if cell towers went down so people couldn't do anything with their phones?  Many people would probably have a melt-down.

This is coming from a guy that doesn't even watch television unless it's a game or the news.

(10-05-2021, 06:53 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(10-05-2021, 06:38 PM)Jags Wrote: Power outages and inclement weather is what I’m hoping for from the tropical storms/low grade hurricanes that never seem to hit.  I had a blast during Matthew and the other lady the following year.  

My line of thinking is this.  What would people do if all of the sudden all social media was gone?  No FaceBook, no Twitter, no Instagram, etc.?  Some people would probably go nuts.  Add to that what if cell towers went down so people couldn't do anything with their phones?  Many people would probably have a melt-down.

This is coming from a guy that doesn't even watch television unless it's a game or the news.

I understood what you getting at, and you are absolutely right.  I was just saying I enjoy the forced outages.  I don’t social media, but my wife does.  I find it comical how frustrated she can get without the “bells and whistles” of life.  And SHE was the country girl!!  I was the “city boy/Yankee”.  

I feel it would do the world good if people were forced to get away from such devices and vices as technology/internet.  Now, don’t get me wrong, I’m no “off the grid” guy.  I will be if I have or want to.  But I enjoy surfing the web too.  So I’m not 100% “Holier than thou”.  Give me a few years or a decade, lol

(This post was last modified: 10-06-2021, 09:41 AM by Mikey.)

This is when all the people who carry cash point and laugh at all the people who live exclusively off a debit card.

....until they go somewhere and the cashier can't manually tabulate a sale or calculate sales tax.

(10-05-2021, 06:53 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(10-05-2021, 06:38 PM)Jags Wrote: Power outages and inclement weather is what I’m hoping for from the tropical storms/low grade hurricanes that never seem to hit.  I had a blast during Matthew and the other lady the following year.  

I don't social media, but when the hurricanes blow through town and everything seems to be dead for a few days, we relied heavily on jigsaw puzzles, board/card games, and crossword puzzles to pass time.

I kinda enjoyed those breaks, but it would be nice if the fridge would be able to work during those downtimes.

(This post was last modified: 10-06-2021, 09:16 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

“Facebook Down!” Sounds like it should be a movie.  A very non action packed movie where people just stare at walls and make small talk while waiting in lines.

[Image: 485542-F0-8-CB7-4-D49-B7-C3-29-E4355-B79-C4.jpg]
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???